Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    But with 2 weeks notice, it has been announced that CHRIS JUDGE will be there. CHRIS JUDGE. I'm so there! I will be selling all my stuff on the NZ version of ebay to pay my credit card off this month, I'm thinking.

I'm getting me a Judge cuddle! That's how Amanda started her day for 11 years

A Judge cuddle!
    Luckily lady. Now *that's* what I need to get my day started properly.
    (that is, if I can't get a hug from RDA )

Spacegirlnz and me, drinking our polar bears last night:

I explained on my livejournal that each shot is lovingly prepared from 3 1/2 lightly killed polar bears (3 adults and a cub), which are hung upside down, boiled for 3 weeks and put through a series of complicated steps I vaguely remember from 6th form chem to release the essence of bear. It tastes like Listerine mouth wash and I think that might be why I'm a little obsessed with them.
    We are not amused. Amazing what lengths people will go to to be like we polar bears. Remember that polar bears bite. and they have friends.

Comment

In 2 weeks, Labour weekend.
      Heeee!
      The woman at work who I swapped shifts with so I can go... she knows who Chris Judge is. I don't know if that will make the teasing less or worse... she already calls the guy we work with "Mr man who needs a life." So I don't see her holding back on the teasing... but I won't care if I get a Judge cuddle!
      It will be cool to see Joe. And Connor, although I met him a few years ago He liked my t-shirt.
      Well I have to admit...I wish I was going but I think I can wait til we have a more intimate con with Chris...Armageddon is just too big to get intimate...if you know what I mean...and I don't mean intimate as in "intimate"...I mean as in there not being as many people attending...our cons here are very small...average I believe is around 200 people and less...so more one on one time with the guests...and we always go to the dinner as well...OMG...can you imagine when Amanda comes out...having dinner with Amanda...OMG!!!...that would be like the best thing ever!!!!...OK...getting excited about something that won't happen for a long time yet!!!...*deep breaths...in...out...in...out*...that's better!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        Well I have to admit...I wish I was going but I think I can wait til we have a more intimate con with Chris...Armageddon is just too big to get intimate...if you know what I mean...and I don't mean intimate as in "intimate"...I mean as in there not being as many people attending...our cons here are very small...average I believe is around 200 people and less...so more one on one time with the guests...and we always go to the dinner as well...OMG...can you imagine when Amanda comes out...having dinner with Amanda...OMG!!!...that would be like the best thing ever!!!!...OK...getting excited about something that won't happen for a long time yet!!!...*deep breaths...in...out...in...out*...that's better!!
        lol...do you need to go sit in the corner with a paper bag over your head?
        But yes...I think I prefer smaller cons cos not only is there more guest time to go around, but there's also more fan time to go around. Mind you...I have only been to one big con and have my first smaller con in a couple of weeks *bounces* but the big con I went to had 5000 people and while it was an amazing experience it was very BIG and overwhelming and impersonal....though I have many many wonderful memories from that weekend I am hoping to make many many more at smaller cons coming up.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Well I have to admit...I wish I was going but I think I can wait til we have a more intimate con with Chris...Armageddon is just too big to get intimate...
          It's funny hearing that, because that's what I love about Wellington Armageddon. It's tiny!

Ok Jckfan... emus are evil, but I think we can take them:

Spoiler:
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Ok Jckfan... emus are evil, but I think we can take them:

Spoiler:
            Thiink what you wish.

so what did people think of Sam's hair last night. Was that a little ponytail or did her hair just come kind of undone in the back?

Comment

Is it just me, or does Sam just get goofy around Dr. Lee? She has this singular smile...

I'm surprised there aren't cries about all the Sam/Dr. Lee ship!

My LJ

Comment

Lifeline was very enjoyable

Spoiler:
                I like how it wasn't all 'great you're here, now take command', like someone else said, sam believes that she's gonna head home.

i like her and lee...notice that she can cut down his technobabble with one word 'bill' just like liz does to rodney.

I like the weir overpowering of oberoth. women may not be physically stronger than men,b ut they tend to be more vicious and manipulative..which is just what they needed.

I think, a part of liz, was and is ready to die. she doesn't/didn't want to live as part replicator and 'going out in a blaze of glory' would suit her perfectly

i think my only nit was rod's rants....ok, so they're low on time but he kills precious seconds ranting???? i was yelling 'shut up and fix it' more than once.

Oh, and i wonder...they mention the one dangerous thing on the mainland to be a vicious maneating snake????

i wonder...is this a dig at Megasnake?

I enjoyed lifeline, and i'm soooo looking forward to reunion next week
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I think it's pretty safe to bet she got her promotion during one of the movies as they are set before she leaves for Atlantis. I'm glad she's a full bird colonel...I can't think of any other person who deserves it more...in fact I'm quite surprised at the lack of medals she has...and I'm not being biased...I just think that after everything Sam has done for this planet and others, she deserves a whole lot more than she already has!
                  According to JM she'll be a Full-Bird in the 2 DVD movies- my guess she gets promoted at the end of "Ark of Truth".

Comment

hey look, a nice lifeline fic

spoilers

http://driftingatdusk.livejournal.co...7.html?#cutid1

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I think it's pretty safe to bet she got her promotion during one of the movies as they are set before she leaves for Atlantis. I'm glad she's a full bird colonel...I can't think of any other person who deserves it more...in fact I'm quite surprised at the lack of medals she has...and I'm not being biased...I just think that after everything Sam has done for this planet and others, she deserves a whole lot more than she already has!
                      Here, here! Next reward to Sam for saving the galaxy...
                      Spoiler:
                      promotion to Brigadier General. At the rate she's going through these ranks, Sam will be a Major General by her mid or late forties! I'm suitably impressed.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        It is a very good example of his acting completely out of character for RDA. It's a pretty scary film (IMO) and he plays the psycho very well. Another film in which he plays a nasty character is "Beyond Belief". He plays a wife-abusing cop in that.

Kay aka Mumsey
                        Who has copies of both films if you want one (Region 2)

*Hangs head in shame* That's what I get for posting late. The cop film was, of course, "Beyond BETRAYAL". Thanks to Kliggy for noticing that little gaffe!

Kay aka Mumsey
                        Embarassed beyond belief....
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Here, here! Next reward to Sam for saving the galaxy...
                          Spoiler:
                          promotion to Brigadier General. At the rate she's going through these ranks, Sam will be a Major General by her mid or late forties! I'm suitably impressed.
                          Nope because Major Generals get sent to Washington and are quickly forgotten...

Comment

Considering that it took Jack eight years to get promoted, I'd say Carter is on a good roll so far.....
                            sigpic
                            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                              Considering that it took Jack eight years to get promoted, I'd say Carter is on a good roll so far.....
                              Definitely. Her career in the USAF is certainly doing very well.

Now, if we can only see or hear something about her personal life doing as well with a certain Major General...well...her life would be grand as far as I'm concerned.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                                jack's 'delay' in promotion isn't out of line. the higher you get in the ranks, the less jobs there are, the less openings, thus it's normal to plateau.

especially wiht someone like jack who has no shortage of enemies or people that'd love to see him just sit there

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X