Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*puts best running legs on to catch up*

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    It's always funny that she doesn't see herself that way. I'm sure she was thinking of a "Tok'ra Spice" type appearance when she made the comment about hot space babe. But as we know, she doesn't have to be in form fitting clothes to look great. (I'm so jealous .)

I believe Glassner said in one of the S1 DVD interviews that they needed someone beautiful (after all this is tv) and believable as a scientist and soldier and they found that in Amanda Tapping. I couldn't agree more.

I love that they didn't go the geeky appearing scientist route, or shall we say "tough girl" soldier stereotype. Or the beautiful woman who you'd never believe has a brain in her head. Sam is an egghead, a skilled soldier and happens to be beautiful. Her looks don't define her.
    Yup! A woman can be smart, professional and beautiful, she doesn't have to compromise, but it is credit to AT (and writers) that she didn't come off as cliche or flat.

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT View Post
    I'm a guy! and i visit samanda everyday, i just don't post all that often.

I Just Watched Adrift, it was really good, definitely has a different feel to it this year, which may be a good thing, looking forward to see more sam!

I also just watched the Stargate:behind the mythology special, it was pretty good, sadly no Amanda but Chris and Michael were great. something brad wright said about Amanda was that out of all the cast she had the hardest job; Jack and Teal'c are warriors Daniel is a thinker, and Sam is a warrior, thinker and woman. He was pretty much saying that the Carter character could have come off really badly and it came of great because of Amanda. It was nice to see that the bigwigs of the franchise feel the same about Amanda and Carter as we do.

It was great to see that Amanda and Sanctuary one the syfyportal awards. And RDA, Joe Flanigan and Gateworld. Our voting paid off people, yay!
    Whee...it is good to know...mind you..I've been listening to audio commentaries again and I really do need to do a tally one of these days for all the times PD says 'God bless Amanda Tapping' *g*

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    yes, i got that impression too. they, the interviewer, kept saying thanks and bye, then would ask questions again. that kind of gave me the clue.

i also thought it was funny when both amanda and jewel *didn't* pick sheppard in that ship question. i actually didn't think about it until one of the interviewers remarked on it. (could any of those interviewers have been just fans asking the questions?)

i'm really enjoying all these interviews coming out. i just read a david one - http://eclipsemagazine.com/?p=4576#more-4576 - where he comments on sam's place as commander. i liked what he said.

i'm *not* a happy camper with THREE episodes already being leaked before their time. i hope this doesn't hurt their ratings...

sally
    Sweet..another interview *toddles off*

Originally posted by Über View Post
    LOL I mentally outted you ages ago.

I did a Google search on your user name to see if it had any significance in literature and found that beautiful owl looking back at me.

Woot! or should I say WHOOOOOOOOOT! *imitates owl*
    I am reminded of David Hewletts owl impression on JM's blog, except I am too lazy to look it up

Originally posted by Melora View Post
    David Nkyl updated his blog and he posted this very funny pic of Amanda.

Spoiler:

He doesn't really mention anything about her in the blog but if anyone wants to check it out here is the link:

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/
    Beautiful and goofy picture lol

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    "watch sanctuary, or the blond gets it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
    LMAO! Brilliant! loving the sig too

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    I've been teaching myself to use Photoshop (hence the new sig image) and well when I saw that image Melora posted I had to do this...

It is LJ sized and if you snurch, you MUST credit me (hey it took me all of two seconds to add the words...).

hehe very nice!

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    first thing I thought was this:

yes I also felt the need to icon it
    another very nice icon

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    Captionary anyone..

Sam: Well, the good thing is they're not licking again. The bad thing is they're biting...

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Sam:I'm not sure how it happened Sir, but for some reason, Mandy and Suse are hunting for RoX and JanSam has decided to hide her.
    George: Is this normal behaviour?
    Sam: It is for Samanda
    hahaha

Sam: No sir I have no reason to believe that TJ would lie about JanSam biting folks.
    *snickers*

Originally posted by suse View Post
    Janet: I'm telling you Sam, you need to stop these shennanigans. Next you'll tell me Hammond *told you* to put itching powder in the Colonel's sleeping bag.

Sam: <<sigh>> Those Samandans have to stop drinking spiked tea. <<walks off muttering>>

suse
    *giggle*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    'Is that your P90 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?'

points up...look what sunny did for me

ain't it purty?
    *chokes*

Janet: Don't look so down Sam, I'm sure everything will be all right.
    Sam: i hope you're right, with all this biting going on, you'll have to start giving out rabies shots.
    LMAO

I couldn't resist after your comment earlier.

Playing on Photoshop (very basic stuff here gang - you know the drill, if you snurch, please credit - all are LJ sized.)
    Spoiler:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/SunKrux/Avatars/AmandaNottelling.png[/IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/SunKrux/Avatars/SamValaElevatorLJav.png[/IMG]
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/SunKrux/Avatars/AmandaBadDaySKY.png[/IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/SunKrux/Avatars/SamValaWTFHUHLJ.png[/IMG]
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/SunKrux/Avatars/SleepyValaSamLJ.png[/IMG]
    Very funny and very pretty! Wheeee

Spoiler:

As you should be
    LOL, that cat is terrifying, in a cute fluffy way.

Okay...I have had my hysterical laughter for the morning..reading Samanda is a perfect way to start a monday morning, it makes going to work that little less daunting *g*
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Spoiler:
      http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/2664/img0021mx7.jpg[/IMG]

As you should be
      My cat is scarier!

Spoiler:

Ok, she doesn't look that scary. Until I tell you that she hunted and took down that turtle herself.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Spoiler:

As you should be
        Meet Mad Max.
        Max bit me the first day I got him.
        Two days in hospital.
        General anaesthetic.
        One hour operation.
        Two weeks off work.
        Six weeks physiotherapy.

His collar says "Max. He Bites"
        And he bit someone again on Saturday.
        He is a Bad Cat.

Spoiler:

FF
        sigpic

Comment

*looks at all the scary cats*

*no wonder I like dogs better*

Neep are you spreading furphies about your cat again?
          -

Comment

Schro is crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if she did hunt down and kill that turtle herself!!!!!!!

Look. She hunted down and caught this box of Tui all on her ownsome!!!! With the cone on!

crappy photo taken with phone... sorry

sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

True story.

Tui is beer.

I have Tui and Guinness in my fridge, but I went to the store and bought it myself because I don't send Schro to do my dirty work.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                True story.

Tui is beer.

I have Tui and Guinness in my fridge, but I went to the store and bought it myself because I don't send Schro to do my dirty work.
                What are you accusing me of?! She stole it out of Ollie's arms when he arrived that night.
                sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

*ponders uses for a beer swiping cat*

Nah, dogs are better. Hey! even Amanda is a dog person Dogs rule!
                  -

Comment

<inserts pussy joke>

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                      What are you accusing me of?! She stole it out of Ollie's arms when he arrived that night.

I think I could be a dog person, they rock . I grew up with cats, but I'm allergic to them. When we go home on weekends I get sore eyes and cold like symptoms. My sister gets blisters on her eyeballs and has asthma attacks.

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        <inserts pussy joke>
                        *hits with a rolled up newspaper*

Bad AD!
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

*hits with a rolled up newspaper*

Bad AD!
                          O.o

Cat Physics (spoiler for length)
                          Spoiler:

Cat Physics
                          Law of Cat Inertia
                          A cat at rest will tend to remain at rest, unless acted upon by some outside force - such as the opening of cat food, or a nearby scurrying mouse.

Law of Cat Motion
                          A cat will move in a straight line, unless there is a really good reason to change direction.

Law of Cat Magnetism
                          All blue blazers and black sweaters attract cat hair in direct proportion to the darkness of the fabric.

Law of Cat Thermodynamics
                          Heat flows from a warmer to a cooler body, except in the case of a cat, in which case all heat flows to the cat.

Law of Cat Stretching
                          A cat will stretch to a distance proportional to the length of the nap just taken.

Law of Cat Sleeping
                          All cats must sleep with people whenever possible, in a position as uncomfortable for the people involved as is possible for the cat.

Law of Cat Elongation
                          A cat can make her body long enough to reach just about any counter top that has anything remotely interesting on it.

Law of Cat Acceleration
                          A cat will accelerate at a constant rate, until he gets good and ready to stop.

Law of Dinner Table Attendance
                          Cats must attend all meals when anything good is served.

Law of Rug Configuration
                          No rug may remain in its naturally flat state for very long.

Law of Obedience Resistance
                          A cat's resistance varies in proportion to a human's desire for her to do something.

First Law of Energy Conservation
                          Cats know that energy can neither be created nor destroyed and will, therefore, use as little energy as possible.

Second Law of Energy Conservation
                          Cats also know that energy can only be stored by a lot of napping.

Law of Refrigerator Observation
                          If a cat watches a refrigerator long enough, someone will come along and take out something good to eat.

Law of Electric Blanket Attraction
                          Turn on an electric blanket and a cat will jump into bed at the speed of light.

Law of Random Comfort Seeking
                          A cat will always seek, and usually take over, the most comfortable spot in any given room.

Law of Bag / Box Occupancy
                          All bags and boxes in a given room must contain a cat within the earliest possible nanosecond.

Law of Cat Embarrassment
                          A cat's irritation rises in direct proportion to her embarrassment times the amount of human laughter.

Law of Milk Consumption
                          A cat will drink his weight in milk, squared, just to show you he can.

Law of Furniture Replacement
                          A cat's desire to scratch furniture is directly proportional to the cost of the furniture.

Law of Cat Landing
                          A cat will always land in the softest place possible.

Law of Fluid Displacement
                          A cat immersed in milk will displace her own volume, minus the amount of milk consumed.

Law of Cat Disinterest
                          A cat's interest level will vary in inverse proportion to the amount of effort a human expends in trying to interest him.

Law of Pill Rejection
                          Any pill given to a cat has the potential energy to reach escape velocity.

Law of Cat Composition
                          A cat is composed of Matter + Anti-Matter + It Doesn't Matter.

You're a twisted, naughty girl Neep

Comment

I am a rat person and a dog person...I can tolerate cats but I wouldn't choose to have a cat if I could have rats or a dog.

<inserts pussy joke>
                            *snerk*

I think I could be a dog person, they rock . I grew up with cats, but I'm allergic to them. When we go home on weekends I get sore eyes and cold like symptoms. My sister gets blisters on her eyeballs and has asthma attacks.

blisters on her eyeballs

get a dog dude! And very nice Amanda
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

What i meant by Atlantis feeling different is that it felt alot more serious. Especially Sheppard and McKay, they seem more....mature? i guess. As funny as Stargate is sometimes i think its played for laughs a bit too much on some occasions; it can ruin the tension that an episode tries to create. It didn't feel that way with adrift for me.

i'm all for the humour i love it, but sometimes, i felt it should not be used in certain situations. Sometimes if characters mock the situation too much, like its no big deal, why should the audience care or worry then. Certain characters, like Jack can get away with it, but not all characters can.

I don't believe this happens too often, Stargate normally gets it right, and even when they do use the humour in certain places they sometimes shouldn't, i still enjoy it anyway.

ohh and i had a british bulldog but he died about a year and half ago.

Comment

Good morning everyone. I see you all have been having fun
                                SliceOfScifi is a cool site with great podcasts and articles but they also have a weekly poll. This week the poll is Best Female Action Star and Amanda is on the list, so those of you so inclined need to wander on over and cast your vote. It is a most impressive and long list, I think there are about 30 women on it.
                                WooHoo...Amanda is currently on 46 points but it's Claudia Black in the lead with 55 points...we have a lot of work to do Tappinators!!!
                                Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                                And let us not forget her talent as a director.....first time and she got a Leo nomination for Resurrection......Go Amanda!!!
                                Cool...I didn't realize that...so what is a Gemini Award then??? I've heard of the Gemini's but have no idea what they are!!
                                Originally posted by tagger View Post
                                The heirarchy in my house is as follows:
                                Cats and dogs rule together in peaceful co-tolerance.
                                My daughter is 2IC.
                                Dust bunnies.
                                One or two bacteria.
                                A virus.
                                Me.
                                Hehehe...oh you poor baby tagger...the hierarchy here on my house is a little different...
                                1. The blessed computer!!!!
                                2. David/hubby...well in his mind anyway!!!
                                3. Me...be damned if the kids get higher up the ladder than me!!!!
                                4. Niki and Tom....or Tom and Niki...depending on who's louder...it's usually Nik but Tom puts up a brave battle!!
                                5. The possums in the roof
                                6. The mice with the possums in the roof!!
                                7. All other lower life forms and non sentient beings!!!
                                Nope...she had a bad day. I've had days like that.
                                Yep...me too..had more than enough...see what I mean...
                                http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/2664/img0021mx7.jpg
                                As you should be
                                OMG,...that is one big pussy!!!
                                My cat is scarier!
                                http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8116/turtlepe2.jpg
                                Ok, she doesn't look that scary. Until I tell you that she hunted and took down that turtle herself.
                                Hehehe...your puss is cute...not half as scary as Mandy's!!
                                Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                                Meet Mad Max.
                                Max bit me the first day I got him.
                                Two days in hospital.
                                General anaesthetic.
                                One hour operation.
                                Two weeks off work.
                                Six weeks physiotherapy.
                                His collar says "Max. He Bites"
                                And he bit someone again on Saturday.
                                He is a Bad Cat.
                                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...x/CNV00011.jpg
                                FF
                                Ok...you win...your pussy is definitely the scariest I've ever seen...and I really don't want to meet your puss...ever!!!
                                <inserts pussy joke>
                                Hehehe....you just had to do it didn't you AD??
                                I think I could be a dog person, they rock I grew up with cats, but I'm allergic to them. When we go home on weekends I get sore eyes and cold like symptoms. My sister gets blisters on her eyeballs and has asthma attacks.
                                I grew up with a menagerie of animals...we had cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, ducks, sheep, pigeons, mice, ferrets, turtles, birds by the gazillion, and even the stray brushy tail possum that would pop in for dinner every night!!
                                I used to be a cats person but after having so much bad luck with them I turned to dogs...my last cat was Pepper. She was orphaned when she was just a few weeks old so was reared on a bottle. She would never drink her milk from a saucer so we always fed her a bottle of milk every night up until she died. Even with a belly full of kittens, she would lay down in my arms and drink her bottle...it was the most peculiar thing...she died as a result of giving birth too quickly...I never had another cat since then. My first dog was Rocky...a bitsa...he was totally nuts but I loved him. But the dog that totally broke my heart was Major. He was the best dog ever. I miss him too!!
                                You're a twisted, naughty girl Neep
                                I would take that as a backhanded compliment Eileen!!! He so likes you!!

As much as I would like to stay and play...I'm off to do some washing and other RL stuff. It was so good to see so many of you all back here again...and I missed all the fun...bummer!!!
                                Night all, take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones!!
                                (((Spottie Samanda Tappinators)))

Just a little OT something that hubby told me today so in spoilers...sorry...
                                Spoiler:
                                Hubby came home this afternoon from work and asked me what I dreamed about last night. I told him I vaguely remember something about a baby girl or a little girl and that was about it.
                                Apparently, I called out in my sleep...as I am a sleep talker and occasional sleep walker...and I had asked him if he had seen the baby. She was in between us and I couldn't find her. Then apparently I got a little loud and kept asking for the baby and what did he do with her...then apparently I said..."Oh my god, did you eat her?"
                                Now what the frell was I dreaming about??? I have no idea what I dreamed other than there was a baby girl in it...and I obviously thought poor hubby had eaten her...like that is so...ewww!!! Anyway...that's what happens when you go to bed at 3am after working all weekend and stressing about stuff...I just wish I could interpret what that dream meant! Do'H!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X