Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
    Oh no, I think I was the Vala character in the video. I only hung out with the guys, girls never would give me a chance to be their friend, but I hope I wasn't a little B. The one regret was that I never had that one special high school girl friend, unless I can count Chuck. I think both sides are hard in High School.
    In my experience, one is the side that can get made fun of, and the other is the side that is pressured to make fun of...
    I never had that 'one friend I could count on', with the exception of my brother... I just tried to hang out with everyone...
    I hung out with the guys in the band, girls just annoyed me... Now, I just like people in general... but the petty fights I don't miss

And with that I have to run off to my job...grrrr... waitressing.... then again.... money... yay
    Talk to you guys later
    sigpic
    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
      Oh no, I think I was the Vala character in the video. I only hung out with the guys, girls never would give me a chance to be their friend, but I hope I wasn't a little B. The one regret was that I never had that one special high school girl friend, unless I can count Chuck. I think both sides are hard in High School. College was so much better, nobody cared about those high school stereo types anymore. Living in the dorm with all my girlfriends is one of the best memories of my life.
      Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
      In my experience, one is the side that can get made fun of, and the other is the side that is pressured to make fun of...
      I never had that 'one friend I could count on', with the exception of my brother... I just tried to hang out with everyone...
      I hung out with the guys in the band, girls just annoyed me... Now, I just like people in general... but the petty fights I don't miss

And with that I have to run off to my job...grrrr... waitressing.... then again.... money... yay
      Talk to you guys later
      Oh gosh i hated high school it sucked. I thought it would be so much better than primary and intermediate because everyone was more grown up. but as it turns out its just the same people only in a different invironment. Anyway i was labled a geek just cause i had glasses and once i got contacts i was still a geek and in 7th form i would sit by myself at lunch time cause no one wanted to sit with me cause i had been labled a geek in my early years of high school. But collage was great, i went to a performing arts school and it was just awesome no one judged me on my past and i had heaps of fun and loads of friends. Anywho, yeah just wanted to say high school sucks.
      sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        OK Eve take a deep breath!!

Now repeat after me RepliCarter ascended, RepliCarter ascended, RepliCarter ascended...

there all better now?

Hey! It's my story and I'm sticking to it
        *breaths deep*

Okay RC ascended, RC ascended!!! RC isn't dead...

I feel better now, but still... I got the shock of my life.

And...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
          Oh gosh i hated high school it sucked. I thought it would be so much better than primary and intermediate because everyone was more grown up. but as it turns out its just the same people only in a different invironment. Anyway i was labled a geek just cause i had glasses and once i got contacts i was still a geek and in 7th form i would sit by myself at lunch time cause no one wanted to sit with me cause i had been labled a geek in my early years of high school. But collage was great, i went to a performing arts school and it was just awesome no one judged me on my past and i had heaps of fun and loads of friends. Anywho, yeah just wanted to say high school sucks.
          I think high school here in Gent is a lot different. My school has small classes, no groups, everyone knows everyone, and we're really close with the teachers. I'm a high school senior and I personally LOVE high school (except for all the homework). there are exactly 6 people in my class lol the whole senior year has 17 students, which is a lot of fun!!

Comment

Funny that you all are discussing high school when my 10 year reunion is coming up in 2 weeks.

I didn't hate high school, but I didn't love it either. I was in theatre and the honors classes. Being a chubby kid meant that I wasn't one of the popular kids, but I had a great core group of friends - about 6 of us with another 6 or so that would float in and out. I didn't date anyone, but that was fine. I had enough of a social life with my friends and threatre and dancing.

Because I moved away, I lost touch with most of those core friends, but I've seen a couple of them a few times.

It will be good to see people again and quietly laugh at all the popular chicks who gained weight (I'm mean, I know )

To bring this back on topic, I figure that Sam would have been in a similar situation as I was in High School - not terribly popular, but not hated by anyone and had a great group of close friends - but that could just be me projecting

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
              I think high school here in Gent is a lot different. My school has small classes, no groups, everyone knows everyone, and we're really close with the teachers. I'm a high school senior and I personally LOVE high school (except for all the homework). there are exactly 6 people in my class lol the whole senior year has 17 students, which is a lot of fun!!
              Yeah in my las year of high school there were about 500 7th form students, and over 2500 students total
              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                Yeah in my las year of high school there were about 500 7th form students, and over 2500 students total
                wow that's a lot! Then I can imagine that there's a lot of groups and gossip going around. I'm pretty sure I would HATE a high school that big..

Comment

Yeah big was bad it just had too many
                  sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                    Here's a classic: Stargate Cantina
                    Help! All I'm getting is a white screen where the vid should be. Sound's fine.

Kay aka Mumsey
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I hated school...left school at 16 and I couldn't get out of the door fast enough!

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                      Funny that you all are discussing high school when my 10 year reunion is coming up in 2 weeks.

I didn't hate high school, but I didn't love it either. I was in theatre and the honors classes. Being a chubby kid meant that I wasn't one of the popular kids, but I had a great core group of friends - about 6 of us with another 6 or so that would float in and out. I didn't date anyone, but that was fine. I had enough of a social life with my friends and threatre and dancing.

Because I moved away, I lost touch with most of those core friends, but I've seen a couple of them a few times.

It will be good to see people again and quietly laugh at all the popular chicks who gained weight (I'm mean, I know )

To bring this back on topic, I figure that Sam would have been in a similar situation as I was in High School - not terribly popular, but not hated by anyone and had a great group of close friends - but that could just be me projecting
                      And I shall join in your attempt to be on topic. I always imagined Sam moved around a *fair* bit but that after her mothers death her Dad attempted to insert some stability into his kids lives (and make it easier on himself in the process too) and so high school-ish would have been perhaps her first chance to develop longer friendships. I kinda see her as a bit of a geek but not one who was particularly singled out for being picked on or bullied and, like you said, having a small group of friends who were somewhat similar in that regard...though I also imagine she'd have been friendly to most everyone who wasn't a jerk....but not having a whole lot of time spare to devote to social stuff cos she's a driven woman and I imagine she'd have been a driven teenager too.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                        I hated school...left school at 16 and I couldn't get out of the door fast enough!

And I shall join in your attempt to be on topic. I always imagined Sam moved around a *fair* bit but that after her mothers death her Dad attempted to insert some stability into his kids lives (and make it easier on himself in the process too) and so high school-ish would have been perhaps her first chance to develop longer friendships. I kinda see her as a bit of a geek but not one who was particularly singled out for being picked on or bullied and, like you said, having a small group of friends who were somewhat similar in that regard...though I also imagine she'd have been friendly to most everyone who wasn't a jerk....but not having a whole lot of time spare to devote to social stuff cos she's a driven woman and I imagine she'd have been a driven teenager too.
                        Exactly. That's how things were with me in high school. I was teased in grade school, but by the time I was in High School I was just mostly under the radar (though there were a couple girls that were just plain mean to everyone, but since they weren't in the honor's class I didn't have any run ins with them really).

I was really focused on school work and getting good grades, but I still made time to hang with my friends and be involved in the theatre productions.

I can't see Sam being in the theatre group, but I can see her joining some other typically 'geeky' school clubs like the chess team and definitly the Math team!

I also see her taking college courses her senior year (and possiblyher junior year as well).

Comment

Was browsing around www.scifi.com and found this wallpaper of Amanda, and the ones who like Sam in leather are going to love those

Spoilers because it is big:
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            Yeah, I'm not sure how they're going to wrap it up. That last episode seemed like a potential series ender to me. Though I'm not satisified with it, so I hope they get one more season.
                            My series is plotted out for five seasons of "The 4400", each corresponding to one season of SG-1, although they're very AU; the first story is set in Season Eight of SG-1 and One of "The 4400" and so on until what would have been Season Twelve of SG-1 and Five of "The 4400".

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            Very.

Spoiler:
                            And it seems like she's been going down that path for a while now. Did Diana ever find out that Maia was secretly spending time with her parents? I expected that to be touched on, but it wasn't.

Her implicit trust in Collier and his people suggests to me that she's going to follow them whether Diana likes it or not.
                            Spoiler:
                            In a way, I can understand where Maia's coming from; whether her dreams of a Holocaust for P-positives were genuine visions or the product of stress and an overactive imagination, Maia believes that they are real.

In her shoes, I'd also be of the opinion that it was better for my side to be in charge.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              Was browsing around www.scifi.com and found this wallpaper of Amanda, and the ones who like Sam in leather are going to love those

Spoiler:
                              omg pretty thanks for sharing Eve, have never seen that pic of her. Looks like I have a new desktop pic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Spoiler:
                                http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/desktops/images/desktop_05_1024.jpg
                                Love this pic. Maybe it's just my monitor, but they all look really washed out in all the new promo shots - well, Rachel and Jason not as much.

Comment

Working...
                                X