Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    thank you.

(why didn't i look there in the first place? )

so, let me see if i've got this straight... a person travels through one stargate to another (quickly?) till they reach the midway point (midway space station)? why a midway point? and then they go through the rest of the gates just as quickly for the last half of your journey?

sally
    They might need the midway point because any further would mean possible pattern degradation. It's like a signal boost or repeater for internet and cable connections.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      They might need the midway point because any further would mean possible pattern degradation. It's like a signal boost or repeater for internet and cable connections.
      okay.

i watched a very small amount of 'mckay and mrs miller' once to just see sam, so i'm sure i missed a LOT. but wasn't mckay's sister in this also, and didn't she have something to do with creating it? (or is this another thing she helped to create?)

mckay and sam created this then? what parts did they individually contribute to? were their contributions equally split?

also, could a puddle jumper go through the 'bridge' too? like a group of ppl traveling together instead of just an individual?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

okay.

i watched a very small amount of 'mckay and mrs miller' once to just see sam, so i'm sure i missed a LOT. but wasn't mckay's sister in this also, and didn't she have something to do with creating it? (or is this another thing she helped to create?)

mckay and sam created this then? what parts did they individually contribute to? were their contributions equally split?

also, could a puddle jumper go through the 'bridge' too? like a group of ppl traveling together instead of just an individual?

sally
        It's my understanding that McKay (and maybe Carter) had been trying to figure out something like this for a while, but Jeannie's genius plan just kinda popped into her head while she was playing with her daughter. Jeannie and Rodney are the ones who worked on it for however long, and Sam supported them to some extent (we don't really know how much she contributed).

If I had to guess, I'd say that Jeannie, Rodney, Radek & Co. probably did 85-90% of the work. But I could be wrong.

Comment

okay.

sally
          Maybe you should watch the episodes It'd explain all of this so you know what's going on in season4

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            It's my understanding that McKay (and maybe Carter) had been trying to figure out something like this for a while, but Jeannie's genius plan just kinda popped into her head while she was playing with her daughter. Jeannie and Rodney are the ones who worked on it for however long, and Sam supported them to some extent (we don't really know how much she contributed).

If I had to guess, I'd say that Jeannie, Rodney, Radek & Co. probably did 85-90% of the work. But I could be wrong.
            Jeannie had nothing to do with the Bridge. She solved a problem they had with drawing power from an alternate universe.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              I totally had that exact button... I wonder where it went. maybe the clowns ate it.

And in other news, only 49 more hours until I am on the road to Comic Con. I will share all m pictures with you all. There will be many.
              *is Jelous*
              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                Jeannie had nothing to do with the Bridge. She solved a problem they had with drawing power from an alternate universe.
                I thought that had to do with the bridge, though.

And it still hasn't been established how much contribution Carter put into the bridge, right?

I'm just saying... Carter's way talented but it's good to know exactly what she did to contribute to the bridge, and when she had the time with the Ori issues.

Comment

I thought that had to do with the bridge, though.
                  Nup. S03E08 McKay and Mrs Miller:
                  Spoiler:
                  CARTER: Well, I thought I could at least help you get Jeanie up to speed before you guys are out of comm range.
                  (Rodney and Jeanie both nod.)
                  CARTER: About a year ago, your brother came across an abandoned alien experiment called Project Arcturus.
                  (Rodney calls up the information on another screen as Sam continues talking.)
                  CARTER: It was an attempt to generate zero point energy.
                  JEANIE: That would be virtually limitless power. What happened?
                  McKAY: A slight problem. It was the creation of exotic particles in the containment field.
                  CARTER: He destroyed a solar system.
                  JEANIE: Meredith! (She smacks his arm.)
                  McKAY: It was uninhabited!
                  CARTER: Your brother, along with many others, has been trying to figure out a way to draw zero point energy from a parallel space time.
                  McKAY: Which would get us around the whole problem of the creation of dangerous exotic particles in our own space time.
                  JEANIE: And my theory is about bridging universes.
                  CARTER: Exactly. Yeah, we’re hoping to use your proof as the theoretical basis for building a bridge from a parallel space time to ours.
                  JEANIE: The energy you’d need would be enormous to the point of absurd.
                  McKAY: Absurd we can do. We have something called a Zero Point Module which essentially does what we’re attempting on a smaller scale – extract energy from subspace time.
                  JEANIE: So subspace is real?
                  CARTER: You’re flying in it.
                  JEANIE (nervously): Oh. (Then she forgets her nerves as she thinks more about the problem.) Aren’t you worried about the exotic particles crossing back over my bridge?
                  CARTER: Well, that’s the beauty of your theory. It should not only allow us to build a bridge, it should also allow us to manage the flow rate of energy.
                  JEANIE: Like a faucet.
                  (Rodney laughs condescendingly.)
                  McKAY: Well, something like that.
                  CARTER: It’s exactly like that.
                  (Rodney’s smile fades.)
                  JEANIE: What about the parallel universe? Aren’t you just shifting the exotic particle problem to their side?
                  CARTER: Potentially. But when you consider that the number of possible parallel universes that we could access borders on the infinite, the odds of us choosing at random one that’s inhabited are astronomically slim.
                  JEANIE: Wow.
                  CARTER: I know, it’s an awful lot to take in at once.
                  (Jeanie turns to Rodney, looking smug.)
                  JEANIE: I solved your problem in my spare time ... with finger paints.

And it still hasn't been established how much contribution Carter put into the bridge, right?

I'm just saying... Carter's a busy, talented gal, but it's good to know exactly what she did to contribute to the bridge.
                  S03E03 Irresistable
                  Spoiler:
                  McKAY: We should be focusing on harvesting space Gates.
                  SHEPPARD: That’s what we’re doing, Rodney. The MALP detected life signs. We have to check it out. That’s the protocol.
                  McKAY: I am just saying that identifying potential space Gates to complete the intergalactic bridge should be our priority, not making contact with the locals of some backwater hamlet.
                  TEYLA: Are you that eager to return to Earth, Rodney?
                  McKAY: This isn’t just about me – it is about the ability to go back and forth between Earth and Atlantis conveniently ... and whenever I want to.
                  DEX: How’s that work again?
                  (Rodney swings his chair around to face Ronon, eager to tell him all about it.)
                  McKAY: OK. Once we’ve seeded enough Stargates across the void between Pegasus and the Milky Way, we’ll be able to take a Jumper from one to the other to the other ‘til we reach the other side. That way, we won’t tax the ZedPM, we won’t be reliant on the Daedalus, and travel time between Earth and Atlantis will be cut from three weeks to thirty minutes. (He smiles and turns his chair back to face the front.)
                  TEYLA: Very clever.
                  McKAY: Yes. (He hesitates for a moment.) Samantha Carter’s idea.

Comment

Thank you, Your Pwnage.

Comment

Thank you, Your Pwnage.
                      Ahem....ENGLISH
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Ahem....ENGLISH
                        She was referring to my superiority (ie pwnage aka ownage) over everyone else in this thread, indeed this forum and pretty much everyone else on the internet.

Comment

Yeah I wondered how Sam gets to Atlantis too... during one of the s4 previews
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam and Dr. Lee are wearing SGC uniforms offworld. They are getting ready to gate somewhere, but where? I thought they gated to Atlantis or to the Daedalus... but why do that from offworld?

Another problem with that is Atlantis is lost in space so the gate doesn't work. They are losing power from the ZPM so they can't use the bridge unless they use a PJ to gate from one stargate to another but they don't have a place of origin to start dialing.

Does Daedalus go in search for Atlantis? Is that the ship Sam is on?

lol I know lots of questions... that won't be answered until s4 begins. Still fun guessing

On another note I'm really hoping when they decide to land the city again... they don't land in the exact same spot as they left. I'm hoping for a new planet Not sure they have the $$ to regenerate another world but I like the idea of them lost in space at the moment...

Edit: Sorry for messing up the spoielrs for anyone that saw it before I edited!!
                          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 23 July 2007, 04:31 PM.

Comment

She was referring to my superiority (ie pwnage aka ownage) over everyone else in this thread, indeed this forum and pretty much everyone else on the internet.

AD vous avez une grande tête
                            Last edited by Mandysg1; 23 July 2007, 04:35 PM.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Maybe you should watch the episodes It'd explain all of this so you know what's going on in season4
                              i'll be going about it backwards. IF i like what i'm seeing in season 4 -non sam related- then i'll go back and watch the other 3 seasons.

i've thought about starting up a thread to ask questions to atlantis fans, but i *knew* the angry and/or mean spirited ppl would come in and ruin it. or tell me to go watch to find out.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                AD vous avez une grande tête
                                french? is for losers

Comment

Working...
                                X