Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
    HI Becky/G4

Wanted to compliment you on the new web layout and the really nice photos of Amanda with the first puppy at AT1 and then holding him again at AT2. That was neat to see!

The dates are still showing for May event though. Changing to August, right?

And, wow! I didn't recognize Amanda in the lower-right promo picture of Sanctuary. It's a great photo and certainly does show her new non-Stargate persona. The woman does it all!
    i think second week of august is when tickets go on sale and the con is in may
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

HI Becky/G4

The event is in May 2008 as stated.

We are hoping to put the tickets on sale in August 2007

Kay G4
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

HI Becky/G4

Wanted to compliment you on the new web layout and the really nice photos of Amanda with the first puppy at AT1 and then holding him again at AT2. That was neat to see!

And, wow! I didn't recognize Amanda in the lower-right promo picture of Sanctuary. It's a great photo and certainly does show her new non-Stargate persona. The woman does it all!

No the dates for AT3 are still may 2-4th 2008. Registration will open in August 2007
        Becks
        G4

Comment

Originally posted by mywraithcommander View Post
          amanda was wearing a lingerie top not a bikini in stargate atlantis
          I believe Amanda was wearing a blue lace bra. According to what she has said in past interviews, she was suppose to wear something else, but the item in question fell apart in the water and so they were stuck trying to find something else for her to wear. So they improvised and just used the bra she had on with some added touches to it. I really don't see what the problem is as it wasn't see through. She was covered as much as she would have been had she been wearing a bikini or swimming suit. And it's not like we haven't seen just as much cleavage from Vala in S9 or all the female system lords ( Nirrti, Osiris, and Hathor ) throughout the years.

The scene was suppose to be a hallucination. It was suppose to represent how Rodney saw Sam. His fantasy of her, so in this particular case I thought the scene was appropriate. I mean how was this any more inappropriate than say Vala wearing her little Daisy Duke outfit in Bounty?
          However, I don't believe that Claudia should be blamed for the shows choices in wardrobe.
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 21 July 2007, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            I'm going to keep my eye on it and see who they get for guests. It may be worth it to pop over from Sydney for a week.
            Oh that would be cool

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
            I was watching the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and one character was named Helen Carter.
            HAHA funny

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
            Hi everyone

I just wanted to say hi its my first post here and i m a huge amanda fan i cant wait to see her in atlantis its gonna be so cool ! ( claps hands)

I think its going to be good to see her interact with the atlantis team and also how she handles certain situations boath as a scientist and military leader also i cant wait to see how she handles Mckay hes gonna be a handfull .

Id love to go to the AT3 but im stuck all the way in australia that sucks is there anyone going? i would give anything just to meet her or get an autograph .

sorry just had to say that its so hard living so far away .

elaine
            Hey welcome Yeah liveing so far way from can suck at times
            sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

The scene was suppose to be a hallucination. It was suppose to represent how Rodney saw Sam. His fantasy of her, so in this particular case I thought the scene was appropriate. I mean how was this any more inappropriate than say Vala wearing her little Daisy Duke outfit in Bounty?
              However, I don't believe that Claudia should be blamed for the shows choice of wardrobe.
              Good point. I found the Daisy Duke more disturbing/inappropriate as it seemed gratuitous--at least the "hallucination Sam" outfit had something to do with the story and was NOT the real Sam. AT may actually have been more covered than Vala...
              But I certainly don't blame CB for the outfit. I think CB has said that Vala isn't afraid to use her sex appeal. I can understand her using it as a tool to manipulate people when she was on the run, etc. but to me the Bounty outfit was just trashy to no purpose.

But back on topic--[QUOTESkydiver]
              i hope we get a weir/carter 'hand off' thread.

dunno if it's possible, but it would be nice if handled correctly[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'd love to see
              Spoiler:
              Sam visit Weir in the Atlantis infirmary (I'm guessing they won't have sent her home right away). I could see something along the lines of Weir showing she isn't happy to be out of things but that she respects Sam's ability. Maybe Weir tells her to give it time, that the gang will get used to her.
              What I don't want to see is an immediate acceptance w/out at least grumbling among themselves or expressions among themselves of feeling divided loyalty. Hopefully TPTB recognize the mistake they made with the Mitchell hard sell.

Comment

I believe Amanda was wearing a blue lace bra. According to what she has said in past interviews, she was suppose to wear something else, but the item in question fell apart in the water and so they were stuck trying to find something else for her to wear. So they improvised and just used the bra she had on with some added touches to it. I really don't see what the problem is as it wasn't see through. She was covered as much as she would have been had she been wearing a bikini or swimming suit. And it's not like we haven't seen just as much cleavage from Vala in S9 or all the female system lords ( Nirrti, Osiris, and Hathor ) throughout the years.
                However, I don't believe that Claudia should be blamed for the shows choices in wardrobe.
                Exactly. And with that being McKay's imagination...we're just lucky Sam had that on....and later on....
                Spoiler:
                in 'The Pegasus Project', we can see how disturbed she was by his...fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                  Exactly. And with that being McKay's imagination...we're just lucky Sam had that on....and later on....
                  Spoiler:
                  in 'The Pegasus Project', we can see how disturbed she was by his...fantasy.
                  I thought she was more amused by it than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    <snip>
                    But back on topic--
                    Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i hope we get a weir/carter 'hand off' thread.

dunno if it's possible, but it would be nice if handled correctly
                    I agree. I'd love to see
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam visit Weir in the Atlantis infirmary (I'm guessing they won't have sent her home right away). I could see something along the lines of Weir showing she isn't happy to be out of things but that she respects Sam's ability. Maybe Weir tells her to give it time, that the gang will get used to her.
                    What I don't want to see is an immediate acceptance w/out at least grumbling among themselves or expressions among themselves of feeling divided loyalty. Hopefully TPTB recognize the mistake they made with the Mitchell hard sell.
                    I'm waiting to see what the circumstances are of Weir's departure before I decide if there should grumbling or divided loyalties.
                    Spoiler:
                    If Weir is incapacitated or goes missing then all I would expect on that front would be a natural reservation on people's part until they get to know the new person. If she is outed for political reasons then I would expect more animosity from certain people.

I really am hoping for a realistic change of cast but I'm not holding my breath. As a fan of both Weir and Sam I am really at odds with that particular change, it's good and bad at the same time. If TPTB can make it a realistic change then I can live with it.
                    -

Comment

irrc, they had made her a lined swimsuit thing, that bubbled horribly under water (ie air trapped between the layers) and it looked just awful. the story that amanda tells is that she grabbed that blue bra because it was clean and it was on top of hte pile and her main concern was grabbing something that they could use without digging for it and waking olivia up

and like others have said, vala was lying on daniel's bed in a chemise and panties, and her daisy dukes weren't that much more covering...add to it the latent sexual innuendo in her lying in daniel's bed, scantily clad and propositioning him....sam's bra is nothing.

given that it was mckay's fantasy (which, of course, also means that we're comparing 'real' vala's clothing choices and rodney's fantasy of sam...i could almost say wet dream since sam WAS quite wet) i think that we're lucky that sam wasn't 'wearing' less...of course we were also dealing with a woman that was just a few months post partem, who was nursing and was very insecure about her body at the time. she's said as much in teh commentaries. something along the line of 'i look like someone who'd just had a baby'
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The scene with sam and rodney was sexual. That's why.
                        Last edited by mywraithcommander; 21 July 2007, 08:35 PM.

Comment

OMG, is this seriously an issue? I mean seriously...this?

Sam was wearing a bra, which wasn't see through, so therefore equivalent to a bikini, which girls/women wear all the time on public family friendly beaches.

And sexual? They kissed! In Rodney's head! You see girls wearing a bikini kissing guys/respective others, on public family friendly beaches all the time.

If I was going to take issue with anything, it would be Vala's revealing wardrobe and sexual comments/innuendos...but even then it's not stuff that you don't already see on most tv shows/movies nowadays anyway.
                          Last edited by Nikki; 21 July 2007, 11:18 PM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by mywraithcommander
                            Both claudia in episode "The Ties that Bind" and amanda in "Grace Under Pressure" were wearing very intimate clothing, one showing her breasts in lingerie and one wearing panties.

But, why would the bra be nothing? She was wearing one.
                            Just curious… are you abnormally prudish or something? The scene required an illusion of Sam to be McKay’s fantasy. I don’t see how her dressing like a librarian would fit the scenario.

And Vala was trying to seduce Daniel in the scene where CB wore the lingerie. How is that not sexual? It was appropriate to the scene and completely in character, but it was overtly sexual.

Personally, I have no problem with the costume choices as long as they are in character and there is no nudity. While not overtly sexual, SG has had skimpy costumes for some characters from the very start. Why complain about this now? Just b/c it was Sam who usually doesn’t dress in such a fashion? Well, I’m sorry to tell you this – it wasn’t Sam. It was McKay’s fantasy of Sam.

Is it b/c it was AT who went along with it? Again, I’m sorry. She’s an actress and she wears costumes so she can accurately portray a character. The costume was appropriate for the scene. Although we know now that it was a bra, it appeared to be more like a bikini top when I viewed the episode. From other people’s comments, it seems I was not the only one. If Amanda herself hadn’t said it was a bra, I wouldn’t have known any better. She did not “expose” her breasts. She was fully covered at all times and the scene with her in the bra lasted mere seconds.

I’m sorry if you have such delicate sensibilities, but I’m amazed you have been able to watch Stargate at all if you think that tiny little scene was inappropriate for the general audience.

Comment

Oh look! our very own troll

Remember the rules - Don't Feed 'Em and report rule infringing posts
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                Oh look! our very own troll

Remember the rules - Don't Feed 'Em and report rule infringing posts
                                I was answering a question. Not being a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X