Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    Well, actually, since not being around the thread for a long time, I've come up with a whole lot of ideas for part three, I just have to write them all up.
    Glad to hear it. I'll be looking forward to it. You've got some real creativity!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Haha great pic Kat
      Was that from the Avenger 2.0 director's series? When Martin Wood want's to demonstrate how we wants Felger to kiss Sam?
      Sounds like an AT at risk moment to me!

Comment

Testing, testing one, two, three:

The Royal Accountant risks life and limb struggling up a 200m high technical climb to the nook the Jester told her about. A fumble, a grapple and it all becomes annoyingly crystal. She shouts down in more than narked tone:-

"Oi Jest' there's no secret stash of vintage Sloe Gin in here!"

The RA curses and thinks "Ive been had - it was a cunning ploy by the Jest' to get me out of the way so she can spend some time alone by the river with Murray - Spring has sprung!! Just wait - I'll get my own back! Now is it easier to climb up or go back down?"

Comment

BINGO

Astro look - you did it - all those great instructions - I'm away!!! THANKYOU!!!!

Comment

deep space hon, i think we're all guilty in a way. I know that i've certainly said some unflattering things about people althugh i never try to make them too personal. in other words, sure i don't care for how vala dresses....but i'm not going to criticize claudia's method of dress. there's a difference between criticizing characters and people

as to real life, sometimes it sucks. and i wish that i, and i'm sure others as well, wish we were close enough to do something to help. All i can suggest is take things one day at a time and just do the best you can.

And trust me, i've been called more names that i can remember. to my sisters, i'm the big fat geek who's an embarrassment to them because i'm not skinny and cool. i'm not up on the latest trends or wear the hippest clothes. Among some of my friends, well the first group of internet 'friends' i had dumped me as soon as they realized that i didn't agree with their opinions about a certain character. since i didn't see things their way, i wsn't worth anything...literally.

I've found others and while i don't agree with them totally about things, they accept me as i am and respect my opinions. Don't let your friends or family get you down.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow Kat, I truly love the Samandan royal banners. I have to say I particularly like the one you made for me. I wish I had a sig pic like that.

Chopingal has done a wonderful job of keeping list of who’s who of Samanda royal court. I just want to fix one thing. Tok'ra Hostess was the Royal Scribe, and Dancer of Spaz was the Lurker Extroidinaire (because I think it was her who came up with that fabulous title in the first place). Otherwise I totally love the titles all you people have chosen/been given. I especially approve of our female Strix being appointed into the Samandan security ring.
              And it was asked earlier who was the unidentified lady in waiting around here. Well, that was me (I had two titles), but it's up for grabs, as I'm most happy with the title of Royal Page.
              I actually came up with the title here, but I think this thread is full of wonderful people and I don't mind sharing.
              sigpic

Comment

Right, now I've mastered so techno stuff thanks to Astro - I'd just like to say thanks for all the posters over the past few days - I've only just caught up from thursday!

Congratulations to everyone reaching the milestone posts

Astro for the bookmark SAGCT files post you have done a great job of listing everything for quick reference and I have written the post and page down for future use!! Many many thanks

ChopinGal - some great posts from you - you have been in fine form

Everyone has put up some excellent captions to the last few screencaps - you have all had me laughing.

Forever just seems to go from strength to strength with her fantastic photo manips - the banner of the homeworld security team was brilliant and like ChopinGal I loved the colours!! The banners for all the court titles is superb!

SamFan - the carter copter just awesome stuff. I hope you don't mind but I have set it as a wallpaper. Let me know of you want me to remove it!!

Thanks to everyone for the AT news snippets. I too hope we won't have to wait till ep 8 to see AT - Thats me waiting a whole year to see her in action again I hope you realise!! It will be nearly a year in any case

Deepspace lots of hugs and we all think the world of you!

The more I read these posts the more I realise what an incredible bunch of people we have posting here. Such an ecletic mix of people all brought together by an amazing actor and fantastic character - long may it continue.

I am actually gobsmacked by Strix's out of hours activities - Looks like strenuous stuff!! Our real life action hero - or should that be heroine - I've lost track of what has and hasn't been degenderised!!

Lots of people helping out with techno stuff - Astro, AD and everyone else!!

Keep up the good work everyone.

I'm musing on the next Oh Yea Times where there will be an update of 1speed's first glimpse of our Queen on the screen!!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  I posted this yesterday but I fear it got lost amidst all the talk of Sam's return in Beachhead...But here are questions I would love an answer for if you all could help me as a demoted system lord...

It's funny...I'm going back and watching the episodes I would have quantified as "less liked" as well...but now I'm looking at it as a Sam fan and am seeing it with new eyes. So even Sam-lite eps I look for what her contribution was...

Was PU the only episode SO FAR where we don't see Sam AT ALL during the entire episode? I mean, Season 9 doesn't count because we all know she won't be there for the first 5. But to date, isn't PU the only SAM FREE episode? (Even in clip shows, she's at least seen).
                  I think PU was the only truly Sam-Free episode through Season 8...
                  Next question...what episodes has AT been either

A. physically injured

or

B. put into genuine risk

as a result of AT's dedication to performing as much of the grunt work as she can?
                  concussion in the elevator (with Kowalksy) is the big one that I remember... and then there was Solitudes, where she had to climb up the ice - and kept falling/sliding back down (and she said they just kept filming!)...she also said something along the lines of 'I didn't know I could get that bruised up.'

...and then she smacked herself in the face with her gun in 'Smoke and Mirrors' (when they dove away from the exploding house)
                  Also, what do we know about Sam's childhood?
                  I don't think that they've told us much beyond the scene where Jacob comes home to tell her about her mom's death...

Comment

*deepspace puts head around the great doorway of Samanda*
                    Hi everyone. It’s me.
                    Just in case anyone missed me even a tiny little bit, I’ll try and explain a bit of why I haven’t been here.
                    It started back around the time of my last post. (Actually, things started before that but nevermind). I was sitting here at my computer, bored, because I was refreshing this thread over and over and nobody was posting. So what did silly me do? I went exploring the rest of Gateworld forums.
                    Big mistake. I encountered a numer of posts which really upset me. Some were character bashing posts, others were to do with people complaining that certain groups of posters only give rep to their certain groups of friends.
                    I got pretty upset, but not so much at the posters, but at myself, because it really made me look at myself and wonder what on earth I was doing. Because basically, I figured that, how was what I had been writing about Vala any better than character bashing? It wasn’t, so that meant I felt like crap. Also, I am guilty of not giving rep to people outside of this thread. Mostly because I don’t go outside of this thead, but still, the fact that it annoyed someone else made me angry at myself.
                    From there I took a step back from Gateworld for a while, because I felt like I wasn’t writing anything worthwhile. In that time I got caught up with too much horrible family stuff in RL. After that for a while everytime I tried to access the forum I was getting data base error messages and cannot find server pages. I assume that they were fixing things up on the site? I notice the search feature is back at last.
                    I’ve also been struggling madly to find some confidence in myself. It’s not working. I guess getting called a dork, a geek, a nerd, an ubernerd, a dope and immature all in a couple of weeks doesn’t help, but still, maybe I would have some confidence in myself if there was actually something about me to be confident in.
                    Mostly it’s the family issues that have been getting me down though. That’s why when catching up with this thread, and reading this post by charlie, I felt like I wanted to come back.
                    Deepspace! It's wonderful to have you back with us - you were definitely missed! Hope the family problems are lightening a little (or a lot). As for what you experienced on some of the other threads - I completely understand your reaction... I too, have ended up depressed or sad after venturing into some of the other threads - there are quite a few folks who simply post mean, nasty and hurtful comments (I wish they'd find something else to do with their attitudes... (maybe working out at the gym?). We are very lucky to have a group of folks at this thread who tend to stay more even-balanced... with a more positive and constructive outlook. So - Welcome Back!

One of the first things I notice, you guys sent flowers to Amanda . That is so great! It was a lovely idea.
                    I think this collaboration book that is being put together is even more fantastic. I would so so love to make some kind of contribution to it, but I fear nothing I do will be worthy of including. Nevertheless, I will have a go at something in the next day or so. Oh woe, what is happening to me, I'm actually considering contributing to something that is going to be sent to a brilliant actress, what am I thinking. Oh deepspace, you turned-into-a-silly-fangirl you.

However, just as an idea, what do people think of maybe putting this picture on the first page. Someone posted it earlier on the thread. Sam looking at her book of Samandan collaborations?
                    This is a wonderful idea, deepspace! I think this pic is perfect for the caption that you created!

Some rejuvinating Welcome Back Royal Blue Jello

Comment

i believe amanda has described herself as someone who could trip over thin air

i know she's talked about twisting her ankle and being grateful for the boots that helped support them. and i know she's talked about getting too close to an exploive one time and getting a little singed
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                        I'm hoping that wherever she is, and whatever she's doing, it's all just too important and too cool (strategically and scientifically and technically)
                        I second that idea! Hopefully Sam is off doing something amazing and important! I'd really like it if she was having fun, too....
                        I've been thinking ::argh!!! run! run! - she's thinking!!!::
                        LOL!
                        that Sam has to have made the Mark II naquadah reactor that the reinforcements from Earth took to Atlantis (I expect Rodney will keep it forever - and probably do very disturbing things with it every night before bed - just because Sam made it ), and, now that she has that kind of a power source, maybe she could use it to... say, power the first repository of Ancient knowledge that SG-1 found. Therefore, while the guys of SG1 are playing knights, participating in treasure hunts, and meeting the new bad guys, and she's off busily transcribing the scientific and technical achievements of the (presumably good) Ancients (as opposed to the new, bad Ancients).

If any such Ancient knowledge could be applied, it'd be a bonanza for Earth, and Sam just might be on Orilla while she's doing it, which would qualify as far away since the Asgard have been tinkering with another Ancient database for a good long while, and could both translate and assist. The SGC wouldn't be able to talk to her too much, presumably, because they'd have to send Prometheus to get her, or, I'm guessing, hook up one of the Mark II naquadah generators to the Stargate to power a wormhole to the Asgards' galaxy, and they couldn't spare the ship or waste the generators in routine communications. So, Sam could have scheduled communications and exchange data with the SGC, using an improved version of Rodney's compression scheme, no doubt, which would let her participate, and let us see what she's doing, but not get her 'back' until somebody gets invaded. Of course, if I were writing it, there'd be remarks and/or whining about the size of the personal emails she's sending Jack as compared to those that she's sending everybody else (I can see Daniel having to compare, and Jack asking him if he has a case of email envy or something) and when Sam did come 'back' she'd be bringing some incredibly advanced, powerful, exotic and dazzling device/weapon/ship she's invented that lets the Tau'ri prevail against the current threat, or defend against the Orii in some way.
                        I like the way you think, Simha!
                        Of course, if I were writing it, I'd also wangle a way to get Sam promoted to full bird colonel
                        I am *so* in agreement!
                        ::sending powerful 'making appearances before being actually "back"' vibes in the direction of TPTB::

My regards to all the inhabitants of the gracious domain of Samanda
                        Simha
                        What a great post, Simha! Definitely in the spirit of our strong female hero!

This was made from the Royal Accountant's Special Stock

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

I'm not sure what they are putting in AT's blue jello, but whatever it is... I want a bowl too!!
                          Wonderful pic, Kat! - That kind of smile makes everyone else smile!

(And here is some of AT's *special* blue jello )

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            I thought AD’s suggestion of trying an F-302 version of one of the copter pics was a great idea. So here it is, and my goodness, that bird has a HUGE wing span!

F-302 Medium Size (800x600)
                            F-302 Large Size (1024x768)
                            Beautifully done, Samfan! I am in awe of your photoshopping skills - you and Kat are both naturals at graphic design with photographs!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              Testing, testing one, two, three:

The Royal Accountant risks life and limb struggling up a 200m high technical climb to the nook the Jester told her about. A fumble, a grapple and it all becomes annoyingly crystal. She shouts down in more than narked tone:-

"Oi Jest' there's no secret stash of vintage Sloe Gin in here!"

The RA curses and thinks "Ive been had - it was a cunning ploy by the Jest' to get me out of the way so she can spend some time alone by the river with Murray - Spring has sprung!! Just wait - I'll get my own back! Now is it easier to climb up or go back down?"

Congratulations on wrangling the pics onto the web! The pic shows wonderfully... and I have to say, that you bear a striking resemblance to the Queen from that angle!

I would think that all hearty climbers would thoroughly enjoy some rejuvinating Royal Blue after a challenging climb (especially as the cache of slow gin had already been pilfered...and the Royal Jester was distracted down below with one Murray).

(The *Special* Stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                                Right, now I've mastered so techno stuff thanks to Astro - I'd just like to say thanks for all the posters over the past few days - I've only just caught up from thursday!

Congratulations to everyone reaching the milestone posts

Astro for the bookmark SAGCT files post you have done a great job of listing everything for quick reference and I have written the post and page down for future use!! Many many thanks

ChopinGal - some great posts from you - you have been in fine form

Everyone has put up some excellent captions to the last few screencaps - you have all had me laughing.

Forever just seems to go from strength to strength with her fantastic photo manips - the banner of the homeworld security team was brilliant and like ChopinGal I loved the colours!! The banners for all the court titles is superb!

SamFan - the carter copter just awesome stuff. I hope you don't mind but I have set it as a wallpaper. Let me know of you want me to remove it!!

Thanks to everyone for the AT news snippets. I too hope we won't have to wait till ep 8 to see AT - Thats me waiting a whole year to see her in action again I hope you realise!! It will be nearly a year in any case

Deepspace lots of hugs and we all think the world of you!

The more I read these posts the more I realise what an incredible bunch of people we have posting here. Such an ecletic mix of people all brought together by an amazing actor and fantastic character - long may it continue.

I am actually gobsmacked by Strix's out of hours activities - Looks like strenuous stuff!! Our real life action hero - or should that be heroine - I've lost track of what has and hasn't been degenderised!!
                                LOL (at genderised)

And I want to echo your perfectly worded observation and sentiment, Coley: The more I read these posts the more I realise what an incredible bunch of people we have posting here. Such an ecletic mix of people all brought together by an amazing actor and fantastic character - long may it continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X