Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    I've had exactly one Stargate Dream - about Martin Wood.

Because I'm clearly more emotionally disturbed than I'd imagined.
    No way. Martin Wood is majorly cool. Amanda thinks so too.

What a shame he's married. *sigh*
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA!!!

I hope you have a great day, with a lot of SG related stuff...so was there cake? or was it blue jello???

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA!!!

I hope you have a great day, with a lot of SG related stuff...so was there cake? or was it blue jello???
        ummmm, blue jello cake? with whip cream frosting? hmmm...not sure how that would taste... i think my family would laugh at me if i asked for a stargate cake

Comment

I once had a dream where RDA was my colleague at work in the office 2 doors down. If only.

Back on topic: I caught There but for the Grace of God today on the marathon. Gotta love Dr. Carter's scene with the Jaffa. She pulls out the hand grenade. "Oh, and I'd like to blow us all to hell." Way to go Sam!
          (and I thought her hair was about the best of the AU hair )

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
            Happy Birthday Becca C

Sorry, I don't have any whip cream...I ah gave it to scari and I think she may be using it for other purposes
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I don't know if anyone has seen this post, but Darren is looking for posts to make a special send off feature for GateWord.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44866
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Happy Birthday Becca C

Sorry, I don't have any whip cream...I ah gave it to scari and I think she may be using it for other purposes
                From whence cometh my colourful reptuation?

Look at Kat. Even her minions have whips
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  others have covered a lot but...shep isn't being demoted. he'll still be a lt colonel.

but like they said, he USED to be the highest ranking military officer on the city, and thus 'boss' of the military aspect, and now he won't be. Sam will be ranking officer.

what i see happening? shep will kinda be sam's XO. he'll still be in charge of the miltary aspect, but he'll report to her - like i hope he did to weir - and if she give him an order, he HAS to do it.

shep will be like Jack was while sam will be like hammond was. hammond outranked jack easily, yet - from all appearances - jack took care of the team and personnel aspects and hammond did the administrative stuff
                  Which is essentially what Shep does now except he'll be required to follow Carter's orders. He's still got his team and he's still not in command of Atlantis.

And really...how different is it from him having to obey Ellis or Caldwell or any other superior officer?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    With each day my affection grows..

from JM's blog:

Spoiler:
                    Anonymous #3 writes: “Why not making a co-leadership on Atlantis ?”

Answer: Co-leaderships are lame.

Do any of us think they learned their lesson in that regard?
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                      Which is essentially what Shep does now except he'll be required to follow Carter's orders. He's still got his team and he's still not in command of Atlantis.

And really...how different is it from him having to obey Ellis or Caldwell or any other superior officer?
                      For most of us here, nothing. For some backwater fans, it's the fact that she's a WOMAN! They're still under the delusion that women do not or can not make good leaders.

I think Sam will be an excellent leader. She's smart, sassy (yes that woman is sassy) and has no problem telling anyone when they're being a d!ckhead. Admittedly I'll only be watching Atlantis when Sam's on it I am looking forward to seeing her in action as the leader.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Becca C!
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post

what sunny said, the fact that sam doens't have a boy part
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            what sunny said, the fact that sam doens't have a boy part
                            Hey just because my reproductive organs are on the inside...

sorry couldn't resist
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Birthday, Becca C!

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Hey just because my reproductive organs are on the inside...

sorry couldn't resist
                                "God, that's awful. Who talks like that?"

Did anyone else notice Amanda sounded just like Murphy Brown/Candice Bergen when she said that line?
                                Last edited by scifithinker; 20 June 2007, 01:21 PM.
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Working...
                                X