No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teh heee! Those candles are OooooOOOOooooober cool!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

Sorry it's late but I had to get the Über candles specially made
      Awwww. Über candles!

How CÜTE.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
        Hey all I started a game Favorite Sam episode here is the link

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...15#post6795415

this is not a H&H have fun!!!
        thanks for starting this game, poundpuppy!

~and i like it's not a competition~

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

The Heat is on!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3604132/1/

Will be posting all the early chapters on a regular basis. Shippers of Samanda, enjoy!

Comment

Hey I have a request.

Could any of our Über-talented animated gif makers take this image:

...and make one with Carter doing the drumming?

And Magnus? And Ashley? And Will???

Heck...Bigfoot and Druitt too while yer at it.

It wouldn't have to be that small although it'd be nice to be able to choose between a smaller and larger version. Of each.

Any takers???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
              Hey I have a request.

Could any of our Über-talented animated gif makers take this image:

...and make one with Carter doing the drumming?

And Magnus? And Ashley? And Will???

Heck...Bigfoot and Druitt too while yer at it.

It wouldn't have to be that small although it'd be nice to be able to choose between a smaller and larger version. Of each.

Any takers???
              Not me. I gave up doing one a year ago.

I really tried though! Honest! See!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                Not me. I gave up doing one a year ago.

I really tried though! Honest! See!

Spoiler:

That's okay.

You focus your efforts on writing and making more collages.

And writing.

Comment

i'm reading joe's blog, and a sheppard fan is asking for sheppard to not be demoted because of sam. shep was never leader of atlantis, right? how could sam demote sheppard? (real question for a non atlantis fan)

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i'm reading joe's blog, and a sheppard fan is asking for sheppard to not be demoted because of sam. shep was never leader of atlantis, right? how could sam demote sheppard? (real question for a non atlantis fan)

sally
                    Shep was never leader. He might have been highest ranking military officer, but that's it. Weir was the head honcho. It's not like they're kicking Sheppard back to Major. He'll just have to listen to another smart, strong, and beautiful woman. Nothing wrong with that, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
                      Shep was the military commander of Atlantis after Weir...uh...compelled the IOA to make it so. Granted, she basically was continuing the trend of the first year, where he was forced into the role pretty much right away.

He "served" under Weir...except of course, Liz wasn't military. Shep respects her for the most part but isn't bound to follow any order she gives and there were times when he did whatever he darn well pleased regardless of what she said.

Carter changes everything.

She not only will be in charge of Atlantis, but as the highest ranking officer, will become the de facto leader of the military there too. Also as a superior officer and as his CO, he'd be required to follow her orders or potentially face serious consequences...just like he's required to obey Caldwell or Ellis or anyone else who outranks him.

So from the most narrow of definitions...possibly yes. He will no longer be the highest ranking officer on Atlantis...Sam will be.

That being said...perhaps Carter keeps him operationally in charge of the military contingency and keeps McKay in charge of the civilians...then she'd serve as the overall leader, where they both report to her.

If that's the case...then no. He will continue on in the same role as before except now will now he will be required to obey the orders that the head of Atlantis gives him. It's no longer optional.

Comment

SG-1's Shanks Retraces Steps

article from SciFi Wire:

"One of the first things that Christopher and Amanda and I had done when we first showed up for the first season of the show was we walked up to where they were still building the SGC set," Shanks said in an interview. "We walked up to where the briefing room was going to be, and we looked down at this huge set and this huge prop Stargate, and we all just sat there stunned. It was like, 'Wow, this is real. They're building this for us. This is the beginning of something amazing.'"

Shanks, Judge and Tapping returned to that same spot after shooting the last scene of the finale, which also happened to be the very last SG-1 scene to go before the camera. "So we made a point, at the very end, after we'd wrapped, of running back upstairs to that briefing room and taking a final look," Shanks said. "It was bittersweet, but at the same time it was a nice way to bookend the emotional journey we'd been on for a decade."

Read full article HERE
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Every time I see this in my photobucket account I think about Astro - so I know you don't post much anymore but you do lurk some - I miss your voice around here Astro

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                            If anyone is watching the SG marathon, you know how they have fan comments scrolling across the bottom of the screen. I've seen a lot of great and insightful bits about Sam scroll across.
                            It was fun seeing all the opinions and reasoning for the opinions as, other than my recent experiences at cons I hadn't had many opportunities to chat about the show and the characters with live people

I am glad I'd seen all the shows before though 'cause it was rather distracting. Today was so fun watching ALL day. It seemed like my phone rang an awful lot though. And I always have to answer it if it's someone I know--LOVE call ID as I get so many "begging" calls and can avoid them. (That's a recent addition to my list of conveniences.)

And Sam IS a GREAT character!!!

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              SG-1's Shanks Retraces Steps

article from SciFi Wire:

"One of the first things that Christopher and Amanda and I had done when we first showed up for the first season of the show was we walked up to where they were still building the SGC set," Shanks said in an interview. "We walked up to where the briefing room was going to be, and we looked down at this huge set and this huge prop Stargate, and we all just sat there stunned. It was like, 'Wow, this is real. They're building this for us. This is the beginning of something amazing.'"

Shanks, Judge and Tapping returned to that same spot after shooting the last scene of the finale, which also happened to be the very last SG-1 scene to go before the camera. "So we made a point, at the very end, after we'd wrapped, of running back upstairs to that briefing room and taking a final look," Shanks said. "It was bittersweet, but at the same time it was a nice way to bookend the emotional journey we'd been on for a decade."

Read full article HERE
                              "Emotional bookends"...

That's a really great way of saying it. I can't imagine how bittersweet that full circle/bookends moment really was...can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                                i just love Space race. I watched it the other day and i just love the "Indeed" to T its just brilliant and the "ah whats a girl to do" to daniel. it so funny i love that ep.
                                Watching it now. I do love this episode... "what's a girl to do?" I love the "ah dunno" just before it too.

*eta*
                                Oh, and

That's not our language!
                                It's mine, sir.

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X