Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    You crack me up I would say go for it I do think the kids will be afraid of you though...
    But it might a solution for you not keep cleaning up...you just gave me an idea to put something up if you enter my bathroom for my roomie...
    Somethign about the fact that a bathroom isn't a swimmingpool...

okay stil laughing here lol
    My kids afraid of me???? NEVER!!!! They know where I'm coming from...Niki will laugh...Tom will just shrug and dump his rubbish on the lounge floor and hubby will probably make some smart a$$ remark about me not getting enough sleep or just being a b@#$&!!! hehehehehe....so long as it provokes a reaction then my job is done!!!!! hahahahaha

Can't wait for Tuesday night...Sanctuary!!!! Yay!!! I say Tuesday coz it's Monday everywhere else so I don't get it til Tuesday...still haven't bought any bundles yet but that's partly because I have a new credit card that doesn't work yet...you know...my days just keep getting better and better...hehehehe Night all!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      Chelle the difference between a braid and a plait is us lol. As far as I know (If Neep or Space will confirm it for NZ as well) the tri nations of the south call it a plait. The one that goes all the way from the top all fancy like is called a french plait in SA, and I've heard it referred to as a french braid in the UK.

Oh and Sam's hair looks lovely
      North Americans, I think, call it a braid or a french braid as well, though I guess I'm presuming to speak for my friends to the North, which I oughtn't to do (though if the UKers do they probably do as well.

Must say what has me a bit concerned is 'tri-nations to the south'. Sounds a bit ominous, especially coming from a Penguin....

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        Hey schnooky!!!! I actually had a great day today...it was just a little longer than normal is all but I left a clean house this morning and came home to it exactly the way I left it...and that was FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!
        I love it when I clean my little tiny house and it stays that way for more than 10 minutes!! I'm kinda dreading coming home from work on Monday night though....the clan should be home by then and no doubt the house will once again look as though a naquada reactor had gone critical in it...I plan on making a sign and sticking it to the front door...

BEFORE YOU ENTER...TAKE A GOOD LOOK AROUND...THIS HOUSE IS TO REMAIN LIKE THIS TIL THE COW COMES HOME!!!
        PUT YOUR STUFF AWAY AND DON'T MAKE A FRELLIN MESS!!!
        BY ORDERS OF YOUR WIFE AND MOTHER...BE WARNED...
        I'M TIRED AND OVERWORKED!!
        IF YOU MESS IT...CLEAN IT UP
        IF YOU OPEN IT...SHUT IT
        IF YOU TURN IT ON...TURN IT OFF
        IF YOU PUT IT DOWN...PICK IT UP
        WELCOME HOME!!
        LOVE YOU GUYS!!

So..what you think??? Too harsh?? hehehehehe
        Hehehe, Chelle you're sign is brilliant my My Mum would have wanted one like that when we lived with her too. LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          North Americans, I think, call it a braid or a french braid as well, though I guess I'm presuming to speak for my friends to the North, which I oughtn't to do (though if the UKers do they probably do as well.

Must say what has me a bit concerned is 'tri-nations to the south'. Sounds a bit ominous, especially coming from a Penguin....
          Hee hee. I'm a bit of a rugby nut. The Tri Nations is an annual tournament between South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand - the best teams in the world.

"PengYn is so far off topic, will someone kindly steer her back on?"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            Mind if I just sit here and Squeeeee with you and Jena??? I think Amanda/Sam looks great in her Atlantis get-up...I can't wait to see the eps...*sobs*...next year!!!!!!!!!...D'oH!!!
            You can if it's ok with Sally. I think you were thinking of the difference btw a braid and a french braid. I can't french braid, but I can braid. In fact, I am doing it right now.

Comment

Why is everyone else facing the wrong way?
              OTT Funnies

Spoiler:

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary
              8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
              9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
              9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
              10:30am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
              12:00pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
              1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
              3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
              5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
              7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
              8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
              11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

"Excerpts from a Cat's Diary"
              Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt or the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I
              had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.
              Bas****s!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices Tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow-but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now...

Coffee Addict
              It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine Medical
              need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some
              kind of recreational activity.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

i didn't think sam wearing her dress blues was ever a real consideration

she's not an AF officer in charge of an AF base
                she's an AF officer assigned to a civilian base as its commander

bit of a difference.

sure she could choose to wear her class A's and it would be appropriate regulation wise - like folks wear at teh Pentagon, her blue skirt, white shirt, tie and heels

but it ain't practical.

she would wear what was practical.

and really, she's in another galaxy, who's gonna care what she wears?
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                  You can if it's ok with Sally. I think you were thinking of the difference btw a braid and a french braid. I can't french braid, but I can braid. In fact, I am doing it right now.
                  Me too, I can braid but I need someone else to french braid my hair. I'm just not coordinated

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                    Watching Family Ties right now (it's almost over) and I really enjoyed it, but my favorite bits are
                    Spoiler:
                    when Sam calls Vala's dad a jerk, for the way he treated Vala. BOOYAH! In your face Valadad! And when Sam brings Vala some wine and they sorta talk. See, Sam does like Vala! OH and Teal'c going to the Vagina Monolauges!
                    Yes the parts I liked were
                    Spoiler:
                    the friendship bits with Sam and Vala. To nitpick, it would have been nice to see more foundation for that during the season, though. I could have done without the whole Vala's dad storyline, but oh, well. I did like that they were able to find the real ship in the end & that Sam seemed pretty key in doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Oh and Sam's hair looks lovely [/COLOR]
                      I agree. I think very suited to command, yet feminine. Like Carter herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

bit of a difference.

sure she could choose to wear her class A's and it would be appropriate regulation wise - like folks wear at teh Pentagon, her blue skirt, white shirt, tie and heels

but it ain't practical.

Yeah, she'd have to wear impractical shoes. Hammond didn't have to walk around in heels.
                        Also I think to be part of Atlantis she'd dress according to their code. Haven't seen enough of the new Atlantis uniforms to decide if I like them. (trying to avoid spoilers)

Comment

I think I feel inspired...some more icons... and of course on the day I found my muse back, I have to get back to work

1. 2. 3.
                          4. 5. 6.
                          7. 8. 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post

Why is everyone else facing the wrong way?
                            Ah they told me they needed some sort of butt shot.
                            Is that what they told you? They just told me to watch your butt back.
                            They told me to stand here and look pretty
                            Indeed.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                              *sigh* You've seen one green screen, you've seen em all.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

bit of a difference.

but it ain't practical.

Mmm... Jack ?
                                *runs away afraid of the polar bears*

Comment

Working...
                                X