Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    It does look odd. I guess it could give off the impression of, you know, impending doom coming from all directions or something... But really, all it does for me is promote a lack of unity... Weren't the earlier seasons done differently? In S9 and S810, it's fairly obvious that the pics of each character were taken at separate times, whereas previous seasons had viable group pics to utilize, I suppose. Maybe that's the problem more than anything.
    IMHO, it's the result of a bad photoshop job. they've cobbled together existing pictures.

it's kinda like the atlantis s2 group shot...where they composited together a group of single shots...and it was glaringly obvious because the lighting on every single character was different

the show's suffered from this since it went to skiffy, very poor photoshop jobs
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Its the whole whereby a show gets a bigger budget, and suddenly everyone has to look like that. Because apparently its better. The audience doesn't think so and some of the actors are probably more than a little freaked at their new, airbrushed and badly 'photoshopped in' selves, but the whole unreal look seems to be a sign that you're a big show now
      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

*sneaks in to drop a few pics....#
        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

*sneaks out again....*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
              Just my take on the art work for R1 DVDs. For the past 9 seasons the R1 cover art has always had just the SG1 team on it so it makes sense that Landry is not on the S10 cover. As for Vala maybe the justification is that she is only part of SG1 (the team not the show) for part of S10 and there for was not included on the cover. It could have been a mistake by someone at Fox when doing the art work. Do I think Vala should be on the cover? Yes.

As for the looking in different directions - well all of the S10 in uniform promo shots I have seen were taken individually and they had the cast looking in different directions for them. In the past they have had at least one shot with everyone taken together and focusing in the same direction. This year when they did promo shots they were in street clothes not uniforms. It maybe all the folks at Fox had were the individual shots to work with for the cover.

As for the photoshoping yep I agree it is a bit much.
              "photoshopping" should not be so obvious. As a photoshop user, and I love it, my aim is to keep a picture looking "real"--in other words make it NOT look "photoshopped" unless you are doing a collage where you're drawing pictures together as an illustration or a piece of "fine" art. That cover art looks to me as if they are exploring possibilities. Surely it can't be the final one. (I hope)

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                "photoshopping" should not be so obvious. As a photoshop user, and I love it, my aim is to keep a picture looking "real"--in other words make it NOT look "photoshopped" unless you are doing a collage where you're drawing pictures together as an illustration or a piece of "fine" art. That cover art looks to me as if they are exploring possibilities. Surely it can't be the final one. (I hope)

donamac
                You never know. The cover for the season 7 finale DVD looked more than a little 'obvious' in some areas, especially Amanda's proportions and some facial features (lips, etc). I'm amazed that with software and skill outside of what people at home are usually capable of having and using successfully, that they can't make it look even a tiny bit less obvious
                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

I don't mind the art (silver looks cool), but where's Vala? I can understand Landry not being there, since Hammond wasn't on any of the boxsets (though Landry was on the s9 region 4 box). But Vala is a main character and everything... I would have thought she'd be on the box :s

Also, I wonder if the region 4/2 artwork is going to be any different?

Comment

if the person doing photoshop is a TRUE artist...you will never be able to tell they've fired up the program

scifi and mgm obviously don't hire artists...they hire hacks
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      I don't mind the art (silver looks cool), but where's Vala? I can understand Landry not being there, since Hammond wasn't on any of the boxsets (though Landry was on the s9 region 4 box). But Vala is a main character and everything... I would have thought she'd be on the box :s

Also, I wonder if the region 4/2 artwork is going to be any different?
                      I hope that region 2/Benelux version will be silver ones...that they can fit the other 9.

As for why Vala or Landry isn't on the cover...maybe they forgot about them Honestly I at least thing Vala should have been on it. Since she is a part of the team...so needs to be on...
                      As for Landry, besides season 8 Jack being on the cover, never have we seen Hammond on their. So the General in command of the SGC isn't important /sarcasm

Does anyone know when they will be out for region 2 or 4? I know for region 1 it is July somewhere... but haven't heard a single thing about the other regions...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                        Cover art for S10 DVD's has been released. You can check it out HERE
                        I know everyone's going on about the photoshopping BUT didn't anyone think that Sam and Cam look like brother and sister? Twins even?! Look at their faces ... eek!

The truth comes out ... Cam is her missing brother that Jacob Carter never spoke about ... fanfic just waiting to be written, all from a photo layout for S10.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                          I know everyone's going on about the photoshopping BUT didn't anyone think that Sam and Cam look like brother and sister? Twins even?! Look at their faces ... eek!

The truth comes out ... Cam is her missing brother that Jacob Carter never spoke about ... fanfic just waiting to be written, all from a photo layout for S10.
                          But...but, what about all those Grandma sayings of Cam, I don't think Sam would have forgotten them Oy, Sam and Cam...you may be on to something
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

You know for some of us it was hard to focus on the face since some assets (like boobs) where so in front

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              You know for some of us it was hard to focus on the face since some assets (like boobs) where so in front
                              And highlighted! The way they photoshopped the light just screams "Look! Boobies!"

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                                And highlighted! The way they photoshopped the light just screams "Look! Boobies!"
                                Yep. Sigh. I mean, not that I mind her breasts. Definitely not, heh. It's just... they really don't need the extra attention and now they just look obviously... tampered with.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X