Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
    I don't like it. Looks too Photo-shopped, IMO.
    Well of course it does silly, because all of Sci-Fi's SG-1 photos are photoshopped now and that's where they got that photo.

"You can't make an apple pie out of a cabbage."

*I have no clue what that means, but it sounded very Camerian to me*

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
      I keep finding great photos of Sam and Janet which remind me how much we miss Janet. She should have been around for the last seasons of SG1. Sigh. Instead, let's play

CAPTIONARY ...

Sam: Janet, I asked you to whisper sweet nothings in my ear, not stick a thermometer in my ear!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
        Omg that's gorgeous!!!!
        I love Amanda's pic on it
        To bad I'll be getting the special silver box, they don't even sell the others here. *hopes for a nice pic on the other DVDbox*
        Honestly I like the silver boxsets, they fit well together...well they did untill season 8, season 9 just sits with the rest...

Yep that was my thought too...Way to much photoshopped...But the pic is okay, if you think the photoshop off of it It could have been a great pic, without the photoshopping

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
          Honestly I like the silver boxsets, they fit well together...well they did untill season 8, season 9 just sits with the rest...
          I know, they should've made the season 9 box better. It really stands out lol.
          I really prefer the atlantis boxes, very colorful

Comment

they are waay, waay too photoshopped. i swear the actors look like plastic dolls they've been air brushed so much

from the pov of a sam fan, i love it, but i have to wonder...why isn't vala and landry on it? they're the two actors tptb have pimped beyond measure
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

First I'm a little late but...
              Happy Birthday Sally!!

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
              Cover art for S10 DVD's has been released. You can check it out HERE
              I love the cover but yeah it looks very air brushed and photoshoped < (if thats even a word LOL)

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Yep that was my thought too...Way to much photoshopped...But the pic is okay, if you think the photoshop off of it It could have been a great pic, without the photoshopping

One of the biggest isssues I have with that box set is that they are all looking off in different directions. It's the same issue I had with the poster/banner Sci-fi released using these same images. It just looked very odd to me.

...well that and the photo enhancements.

Comment

Cover art for S10 DVD's has been released. You can check it out HERE
                  Thanks for the link, tsax!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  they are waay, waay too photoshopped. i swear the actors look like plastic dolls they've been air brushed so much

from the pov of a sam fan, i love it, but i have to wonder...why isn't vala and landry on it? they're the two actors tptb have pimped beyond measure
                  Pimping aside, I do wonder why Landry and especially Vala were ignored. I mean, it's like pretending like the characters were never there.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  One of the biggest isssues I have with that box set is that they are all looking off in different directions. It's the same issue I had with the poster/banner Sci-fi released using these same images. It just looked very odd to me.
                  It does look odd. I guess it could give off the impression of, you know, impending doom coming from all directions or something... But really, all it does for me is promote a lack of unity... Weren't the earlier seasons done differently? In S9 and S810, it's fairly obvious that the pics of each character were taken at separate times, whereas previous seasons had viable group pics to utilize, I suppose. Maybe that's the problem more than anything.

ETA: I had to check the tvshowsondvd website, just to be sure. The past seasons look obviously cropped and photoshopped, but everyone is looking in the same direction. Even S9.

...well that and the photo enhancements.
                  Heh. Yeah, the photo enhancements. Were they - any of them - really necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    ...unlike the Stuck dvd....which I am still waiting patiently to hear if we will be able to get access to one...before the end of this century!!!
                    That was one good movie! I heard that they destroyed the negatives though? Maybe just a rumour... I was able to get my hands on a copy though.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    With regard to JD...
                    Spoiler:
                    I got the impression that it was time travel...I guess we'll have to wait and see!! I wonder if he knows about Ashley being his daughter?? Yay...I love this!!

I got my dad to watch it on his computer...he's got firefox and swears by it...even though we watched it through youtube...but he seemed more interested in wanting to see it on dvd rather than through downloading!!
                    I'm going to get firefox before the next webisode is released...I hope!!
                    Actually that makes sense. The time travel thing...

Spoiler:
                    It would explain how Ashley's only in her early 20s while Helen's 157. Bah! I guess we'll have to wait and see!

And yeah. It'll be awhile before it comes out on DVD and TV. Webby version it is! I guess you could always download and burn the wepisodes onto disc and pop it into the DVD player for him.

I agree! They look really... shiny. The poses are good. But... yeah. Shiny.

San Diego Comic Con 2007 Attendee
                    San Diego Comic Con 2008 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

"You can't make an apple pie out of a cabbage."
                      Damn it.
                      *throws cabbage into the garbage*
                      <mutter>

(yet apparently here in canada you can make something alarmingly close... http://www.canadianliving.com/Canadi...dRe=4186&idSM=)
                      Last edited by minigeek; 17 May 2007, 11:29 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        Damn it.
                        *throws cabbage into the garbage*
                        <mutter>

(yet apparently here in canada you can make something alarmingly close... http://www.canadianliving.com/Canadi...dRe=4186&idSM=)
                        Mmmmmm. I had some of this when I was in Canada in Feb. It's scrummy!

Kay aka Mumsey
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Just my take on the art work for R1 DVDs. For the past 9 seasons the R1 cover art has always had just the SG1 team on it so it makes sense that Landry is not on the S10 cover. As for Vala maybe the justification is that she is only part of SG1 (the team not the show) for part of S10 and there for was not included on the cover. It could have been a mistake by someone at Fox when doing the art work. Do I think Vala should be on the cover? Yes.

As for the looking in different directions - well all of the S10 in uniform promo shots I have seen were taken individually and they had the cast looking in different directions for them. In the past they have had at least one shot with everyone taken together and focusing in the same direction. This year when they did promo shots they were in street clothes not uniforms. It maybe all the folks at Fox had were the individual shots to work with for the cover.

As for the photoshoping yep I agree it is a bit much.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

As for the photoshoping yep I agree it is a bit much.
                            Why oh why do they insist on plasticizing the cast? Just because you have technology does that make it the best choice? I would say no. And regarding the focus on AT's assets...
                            Reminds me of the convention clip that was posted a while back where Amanda was commenting on how glad she was Sam wasn't sexualized and then the chesty photo of her appears behind her. "Well, hello!"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Why oh why do they insist on plasticizing the cast? Just because you have technology does that make it the best choice? I would say no. And regarding the focus on AT's assets...
                              Reminds me of the convention clip that was posted a while back where Amanda was commenting on how glad she was Sam wasn't sexualized and then the chesty photo of her appears behind her. "Well, hello!"
                              The entire cast is "Naturally" good looking, its too bad they can't use their natural beauty for the pics.

on a side note, I've been reading too much about Sanctuary, everytime I see jckfan I think I'm seeing JTR
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Because they all need to be 'improved' so much Amanda's naturally not built like a waif and has had another child. She does not need to manipulated in that particular 'region' whatsoever. Oi.

OT: I will probably have to accept that I will not be able to see Muse next month. This saddens me greatly
                                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Working...
                                X