Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by tara3583
    Do you need a bottle washer and general keeper of all things that need to be kept tidy in this
    great land of ours? because i can't do nice pics but could do that

    Hmmm ... sounds like a strong possibility ... Bean Counter and Jester, alone, can leave some mighty big messes behind them.

    Do you wish to apply for Royal Groundskeeper or, more creatively, Royal Landscaper (gardens, lawns, paths, etc) or do you want Royal Housekeeper or Lady-in-Waiting (attendant to the Queen inside the palace)?! Except ... I think there is a Lady-in-Waiting floating about ... is there? Please announce yourself or the position's up for grabs!

    Jester
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 May 2005, 10:52 AM.

    Comment


      *waves* Hi everyone! I normally lurk in this thread, but I enjoy reading everyone's posts!

      Does anyone have any Sam/Amanda pics of her with the short hair (like season 5 or 6)? I'm getting my hair cut in two weeks and I've been looking for a really good picture to take to my hairdresser. I haven't had time to cap one for myself. I love her hair short because it's so managable (and quick to style!)

      Thanks everybody!
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by Strix varia
        In the name of equal opportunity, I would humbly apply for a position in the Royal Guard under the supervision of Agent Dark, Head of Security, and his trusty assistants, Carterslave and 1speed4Sam. It seems appropriate that at least one member of the female persuasion be present on this team, and I believe I am qualified. I am proficient in the following weapons: long sword, short sword, two-handed sword, dagger, rapier, epee, schlager, ax, two-handed ax, mace, spear, halberd, glaive, long bow, and crossbow.

        I am also familiar with the operation of varies siege weapons such as trebuchets and catapults. Although I prefer medieval weapons, I can use modern weapons such as pistols, shotguns, and 22-rifles. I'm fairly sure I can learn proficiency with a zat and staff weapon. I have much combat experience in wars and scirmishes, have served as a squire to a knight for 20 years, and have held the auspicious position of Captain of the Mooneschadowe Liondragon Guard:

        http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/liondragon.jpg

        Moments after this picture was taken, I saved my king by taking an arrow in the chest (alas, I wish I could say it was a deliberately heroic move, but I had no idea who was behind me at the time). BUT, I will happily throw myself into the heat of battle in the name of protecting our wondrous Queen.

        References available upon request.


        Pssst, Jester - this lass is obviously highly trained and very dangerous - appoint her to the security team most certainly - but on the condition she never gets to guard the liquor cabinet - or our next mother hen clandestine weekly tipple and tattle may be our last!!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Skydiver
          mmhm

          time for another topic rousing question

          we've already done the 'if the house was on fire what would sam grab'
          and 'what is sam's guilty pleasure tv show'

          how about

          what is sam's 'comfort food'

          ok, comfort food is something that's not necessarily good for you, and is probably bad for you, but it's something you want if you're feeling down or icky or just need some, well comfort.

          my idea

          she'd go for chicken fried steak with all the fixings (for those that don't know, chicken fried steak is a round steak that's pounded to tenderize it, then breaded and fried (usually pan fried) then covered with white/cream gravy - gravy that's got a milk and flour base instead of a meat juice base- and is usually served with mashed potatos and often green beans)

          it's a southern/midwestern dish

          if she's not up for a big meal, then fries and gravy. there's something soothing about french fries dipped in cream gravy

          what do you guys think?
          Fries in gravy? Ew. I always thought that it was a Canadian thing. No offense, but that's just not my cup o'tea.

          I'm going to go really bland with this and say home-made Chocolate-Chip cookies. I think that perhaps that's one of her specialities.
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by Strix varia
            In the name of equal opportunity, I would humbly apply for a position in the Royal Guard under the supervision of Agent Dark, Head of Security, and his trusty assistants, Carterslave and 1speed4Sam. It seems appropriate that at least one member of the female persuasion be present on this team, and I believe I am qualified. I am proficient in the following weapons: long sword, short sword, two-handed sword, dagger, rapier, epee, schlager, ax, two-handed ax, mace, spear, halberd, glaive, long bow, and crossbow.

            I am also familiar with the operation of varies siege weapons such as trebuchets and catapults. Although I prefer medieval weapons, I can use modern weapons such as pistols, shotguns, and 22-rifles. I'm fairly sure I can learn proficiency with a zat and staff weapon. I have much combat experience in wars and scirmishes, have served as a squire to a knight for 20 years, and have held the auspicious position of Captain of the Mooneschadowe Liondragon Guard:

            http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/liondragon.jpg

            Moments after this picture was taken, I saved my king by taking an arrow in the chest (alas, I wish I could say it was a deliberately heroic move, but I had no idea who was behind me at the time). BUT, I will happily throw myself into the heat of battle in the name of protecting our wondrous Queen.

            References available upon request.
            My Dear Madam

            Of course! We must take affirmative action on this and introduce a female presence in the royal guard house. Brilliant suggestion and, no need for further references, you have already proven yourself in the line of duty (wince). Are you still in hospital or available for immediate service?

            I must warn you that there may be a need for undercover work in this position. But I do trust that you will continue to remain discreet about all such operations.

            Let it be known that Strix varia has been appointed to Royal Security as Personal Bodyguard to the Queen. Should the additional need for espionage be required, she will be expected to pick up the slack of the other members of security, especially 1speed who may be moving more slowly than the others on his bicycle.

            Besides your Keflar vest, a good supply of black-leather clothing will be required. Equal opportunity for (Wo)men in Black ... you will establish a formidable presence in the kingdom for sure and give the men some competition.

            I will now add your position to Post #6973

            Thank you for coming forth and offering your services.

            Jester
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 May 2005, 11:04 AM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ChevronSeven
              *waves* Hi everyone! I normally lurk in this thread, but I enjoy reading everyone's posts!

              Does anyone have any Sam/Amanda pics of her with the short hair (like season 5 or 6)? I'm getting my hair cut in two weeks and I've been looking for a really good picture to take to my hairdresser. I haven't had time to cap one for myself. I love her hair short because it's so managable (and quick to style!)

              Thanks everybody!
              Hi there Chevron7! Astro and myself are firm fans of the Sam short hairstyle!

              There have been plenty of piccis put up by ForeverSG1 and UberSG1 - Maybe if you pm them they could send you something to print off - or is it as easy as clicking on the photo in the post and pressing the print command - Astro where are you when we need you?!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Coley
                Hi there Chevron7! Astro and myself are firm fans of the Sam short hairstyle!

                There have been plenty of piccis put up by ForeverSG1 and UberSG1 - Maybe if you pm them they could send you something to print off - or is it as easy as clicking on the photo in the post and pressing the print command - Astro where are you when we need you?!
                Thanks Coley! I'll start searching for them when I get home!
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by gatebee
                  I know I am new to this thread but can I be an apprentise in the making.
                  Dearest Newbie, welcome aboard! Indeed, we will incorporate you shortly into the Queen's service. Rather than "apprentice", may we ask at what are you most proficient? Any skills or services that you feel may be useful to the good of the kingdom. Please tell us more.

                  Jester

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                    *waves* Hi everyone! I normally lurk in this thread, but I enjoy reading everyone's posts!

                    Does anyone have any Sam/Amanda pics of her with the short hair (like season 5 or 6)? I'm getting my hair cut in two weeks and I've been looking for a really good picture to take to my hairdresser. I haven't had time to cap one for myself. I love her hair short because it's so managable (and quick to style!)

                    Thanks everybody!
                    take a peek at the photogallery of www.amandatapping.com
                    or even gateworld's screen caps for each eps
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                      Fries in gravy? Ew. I always thought that it was a Canadian thing. No offense, but that's just not my cup o'tea.

                      I'm going to go really bland with this and say home-made Chocolate-Chip cookies. I think that perhaps that's one of her specialities.

                      fries in brown gravy is definitely a canadian thing. so is a lack of biscuits (and i'm not talking about cookies)
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by majorsal
                        k, i'll post it here. it's real small and rather simple, but it's what came to mind immediately and stated what i feel.

                        ~~~

                        Thank you for being an actress, Amanda, otherwise I, and MILLIONS of others, wouldn't have been able to know you.

                        Love,
                        MajorSal (Sally)

                        ~~~


                        sally
                        Wonderful post, Sally! I downloaded it into the growing collection.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by gatebee
                          pic fr myrth

                          indeed she is a beautiful lady
                          Great pic myrth and gatebee!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Well this is something I've been working on for awhile. I've been having difficulties finding pictures that I think go well with each title, so I haven't finished some of them. But since this list was added today I thought I'd go ahead and post what I have so far.
                            Originally posted by chopingal
                            ChopinGal
                            The Royal Court of Samanda

                            Madam President, Major Sam
                            Madam Vice-President, Major Sal

                            Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist


                            Accountant/Bean Counter and Editor of Oh Yea What Say Times, Coley


                            Court Jester and Bard, Chopin Gal


                            Census Taker, Skydiver


                            Wise Elder, Nearly Circular

                            Head of Security, Agent Dark


                            Royal Page, deepspace

                            Royal Photographer, Uber SG-1 Fan


                            Royal Nanny and Assistant Photographer, Forever Sg1
                            First Assistant Head of Security, Carterslave
                            Second Assistant Head of Security, 1speed4Sam

                            Lurker Extraordinaire, Tok'ra Hostess and many unidentified others


                            Please come forth, good citizens, if I have left any valued member of the Court missing or mis-titled. We shall post open positions to the Court in the next edition of the Times. Remember, you, too, can serve the Queen!
                            If I haven't made one for anyone on the list and you would be interested in having one, please let me know. Also, if you have an idea of a good picture, please send me that as well. Otherwise I'll continue to make these in my spare time.
                            OK - this is wonderful - and fun! What a beautiful job, Kat! But - you didn't make one for yourself!? Hmmm... in progress?

                            Five-stars, Kat! Or, more appropriately, five blue jellos!
                            Last edited by astrogeologist; 13 May 2005, 12:04 PM.

                            Comment


                              This is really off-topic, but I had to post this because it had my 14yr old and I smiling when we heard it. As most of you may already know, I have a 4 year old daughter whom I homeschool. Today we were telling stories while she colored and this is a story she made up out of the blue. I found it so touching that I had her tell it to me again and I typed it onto the computer as she spoke. (The second version is a little different than the original, but it's still quite amusing).

                              Once apon a time there was a little puppy who didn't have any friends. She was a sad little puppy because she only had one eye and she never blink, blink, blinked(blinking as she speaks). She had two hands but no fingers(wiggling fingers). She sat all day hoping to find a friend, but noone would play with her. Then one day she met another little puppy who only had one leg and they became best friends.

                              The End.

                              It's just amazing how a child's mind works.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                Hmmm ... sounds like a strong possibility ... Bean Counter and Jester, alone, can leave some mighty big messes behind them.

                                Do you wish to apply for Royal Groundskeeper or, more creatively, Royal Landscaper (gardens, lawns, paths, etc) or do you want Royal Housekeeper or Lady-in-Waiting (attendant to the Queen inside the palace)?! Except ... I think there is a Lady-in-Waiting floating about ... is there? Please announce yourself or the position's up for grabs!

                                Jester


                                Ummmm Royal lady in waiting sounds nice but if the post is already taken then i think i'll apply for royal housekeeper
                                Our Queen may need alot of help once the little
                                Princess is mobile
                                ......TARA......

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X