Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
    So for Sam-whump what did you like more LITS or Death Knell ?
    I really have to go with Death Knell, at least Sam didn't just sit there helpless, but really tried to kill the Supersoldier and according to Jacob he really was supposed to die after being hit by that rocket !!! Not to mention that although it was jack that killed him, it was only with sam's help...
    That's kind of hard to answer, while both shows had whump, the degree of whump was very different. With Death Knell, Sam was still mobile and although in pain, her wounds were not life threatening.

don't know if I need spoiler tags?
    Spoiler:
    With LITS, Sam's injury was definitely life threatening, you got the feeling she could die any minute, and we see Sam's realization that she is going to die. Played very well I might add by Amanda

So her scenes in LITS are more dramatic and DK they are more action. So I guess it depends which type of episode you prefer, drama or action....Darn I can't decide
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      That's kind of hard to answer, while both shows had whump, the degree of whump was very different. With Death Knell, Sam was still mobile and although in pain, her wounds were not life threatening.

Spoiler:
      With LITS, Sam's injury was definitely life threatening, you got the feeling she could die any minute, and we see Sam's realization that she is going to die. Played very well I might add by Amanda

So her scenes in LITS are more dramatic and DK they are more action. So I guess it depends which type of episode you prefer, drama or action....Darn I can't decide
      About LITS
      Spoiler:

I never for a moment got the feeling that Sam was about to die

After all she gets to Atlantis next season
      I don't know it seems that even the better episodes this season can't get me in the "SG-1" mood nowdays

Comment

spoilers for 'line in the sand'

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

Beyond "Continuum," I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get much Sam whump anymore... So I guess we have to enjoy it now.
        Spoiler:
        i think... i liked 'line in the sand' whump more. i think just because it was *so* serious, and i've never seen one of sam's injuries that bad. no, i take that back, we have, but this one just... it was played more raw i guess.

i also wouldn't be surprised that sam's contribution on the show (atlantis) becomes more, just because sam/amanda draws that attention.

so maybe, the back half of s4, or if there's an s5 and sam's in it... we could get that sam whump.

Spoiler:

i actually LOVE both!

but both situations were different enough for sam (and the viewers) that i almost don't think we should decide which one. it's kind of like apples and oranges for me i guess.

and i definitely felt
        Spoiler:
        sam could have died.

i *really* love amanda's work in this episode. just look at how she played sam zonked on morphine. look how she had her eyes move, like she was being played in slow motion.

the only thing wrong with this ep was there wasn't *enough* sam whump!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I really have to go with Death Knell, at least Sam didn't just sit there helpless, but really tried to kill the Supersoldier and according to Jacob he really was supposed to die after being hit by that rocket !!! Not to mention that although it was jack that killed him, it was only with sam's help...
          id' have to go with death knell.

i much prefer the 'struggle through the pain' whump more than the HC care giver/care receiver scenario
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            spoilers for 'line in the sand'

the only thing wrong with this ep was there wasn't *enough* sam whump!

sally
            But Sally,

Spoiler:
            Sam had to survive you know
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

OMG. Just OMG.

Space noticed something on the noticeboard at uni this morning. She yelled "Holy Hannah!"

Someone looked at her. Space pointed to the poster and explained to her all about a new show that was coming out on the internet. The girl nodded and went back to her book.

Space took a photo of the poster with her phone.

We *need* to find the Amanda fans at our University!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                Thanks for that Sally!!
                I personally feel that Sheppard is a little cocky but not in an "in your face" kinda way...if that makes sense??...I actually like the guy/character...I find it hard to listen to Cam sometimes but not with Sheppard! Actually...I'mnot sure if cocky is the right word...he's pretty laid back if anything...I like him....I think he's great...right up there with Jack...IMHO!!
                Oh, puhleez--he's no Jack. Ok, I'm (ahem) a bit partial to Jack. You could even say a jckfan But I agree with you otherwise. He's pretty irreverent, but I wouldn't say cocky. At first I though he was a pretty pale imitation of Jack. Their Atlantis version of Jack that didn't quite work. But I think he came into his own a bit and I find him pretty likeable.

Comment

a question for those that have seen both 'line in the sand' and 'the road not taken'. both have great sam stuff. which one do you prefer, though, and why? (i haven't seen 'rnt' yet)

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I loved her grit and determination in Death Knell but I have to say regarding your point about LITS
                    Spoiler:
                    she was a lot more seriously wounded there, so I think in a way it was all the more impressive. She instructed Cam how to activate the device in the first place & then did all the brain work that enabled the village to be saved, while bleeding and doped up on morphine. I like both.

Also on LITS did it occur to anyone else that a missed opportunity
                    Spoiler:
                    to mention Sam's history came regarding the morphine dose? In the past Sam needed higher doses of sedatives due to Jolinar, so my guess would be the same for morphine. That would have been worth mentioning. Something like:

Cam: "Sorry Sam, I know the morphine isn't working as well as it normally would, but I don't know how much to give you without it being dangerous."
                    Sam: "It's not your fault Jolinar screwed up my biochemistry. I can manage."
                    Last edited by jckfan55; 26 April 2007, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Caption Time

I said not to call me dear. Got it now?
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

a question for those that have seen both 'line in the sand' and 'the road not taken'. both have great sam stuff. which one do you prefer, though, and why? (i haven't seen 'rnt' yet)

sally
                        Definitely The Road Not Taken because there was a lot more Sam in it and we got to see lots of different aspects of Sam
                        -

Comment

Caption Time

Just another day at the office.
                          Ok, this is the last time I work with Siler on a "simple repair."

Comment

I have another story about Space.

Right now- She is in my apartment, stealing my foodz. We are both sitting in our other friend's room... I'm on the internet, Anja is doing a crossword and Space is... Space...

We are listening to Have You Ever Seen the Rain from Unending. She isn't used to apartment buildings... She took a sheet of refill paper and wrote the symbols for peace, love and happy then "I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain??" Then she wrapped it around some lollies and threw them down to some women sitting at a cafe at the bottom of the building next to ours. They unwrapped it, read it and looked up...
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

sally
                              sam was 'better' in trnt, but the story, imho, was weak and a missed opportunity.

i liked the sam/cameron friendship aspect in lits

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

Also on LITS did it occur to anyone else that a missed opportunity
                              Spoiler:
                              to mention Sam's history came regarding the morphine dose? In the past Sam needed higher doses of sedatives due to Jolinar, so my guess would be the same for morphine. That would have been worth mentioning. Something like:

Cam: "Sorry Sam, I know the morphine isn't working as well as it normally would, but I don't know how much to give you without it being dangerous."
                              Sam: "It's not your fault Jolinar screwed up my biochemistry. I can manage."
                              yep. a missed opportunity. but jolinar is a verboten topic with these guys. part of that baggage that they hate so much
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Caption Time

This is *so* not a Mary Kay party.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X