No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With thanks to my buddy, geogirl, from a galaxy far far away ...

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
      Does anyone remember how I felt a few months ago when my grandmother mentioned that she had done tequila shots in Mexico? So cool. Well, on saturday night she topped that... my uncle picked up a toy bike out of the toy box we have for visting kids and said "oh, it's an Indian!"

Grandma looked up and said, "an Indian? I used to take rides on one of those when I was a teenager."

My jaw dropped, seriously. "You rode an Indian? In the '40s!?!" Heh, she is the coolest Grandma in the world, but I didn't tell her why I thought that was so cool.
      Of course she's cool ... her genes let you bungee jump!

Vroom vroom ... I recently found an old photo of my mom on a motorcycle - it even had a sidecar but mom was driving the thing! Love these spunky ladies!

Comment

I hope to splurge on a new bike this spring, if I can get my ducks in a row for it. And I'm very excited. It's a glorious feeling to ride, nothing but you and the road and the powerful force of nature above and below. *sigh*

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

two or three days ago, when someone mentioned reading 'WW3' and giving the links... i've read that fic twice, and now it's pulled me into an excitement on rereading some of those great samwhump stories.

i (re)read 'G.I. jane' today, and i emailed myself the links for 'night terrors' and 'the road from nadir'.

btw, on another note... i'm reading joe's blog today and...

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            btw, on another note... i'm reading joe's blog today and...
            Did I miss something? I found Joe's blog entry this week to be ... refreshingly relevant and witty.

On a chilly note:

http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/art....jsp?id=118438

Cheers,
            geek
            Last edited by minigeek; 26 March 2007, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              Did I miss something?

On a chilly note:

http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/art....jsp?id=118438

Cheers,
              geek
              LOL mini, we're taking the layers off, and he's putting them on
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                LOL mini, we're taking the layers off, and he's putting them on
                Yes, but *hooches*? Brr.

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
                  Happy belated birthday Scifi girl, I hope you had a great day !!

More expressions from Stuck (these crack me up )

Spoiler:

Someone needs to make an icon of those. It would be fun!

Hugs to SamCarterRocks ::Tight Hugs::

My vids got taken down at youtube. I got my Ori butt kicked. :: Turns around:: Can you see the marks?? :: Makes a circle motion:: Not so much here or here. :: Hand hovers over large purple area :: Right about here.

:: HUGE GIANT MIMED SIGH::

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    Hey SamCarterRocks! (((SCR))) I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing - I hope you and your family are doing well.

To catch you up, hmmm...

Amanda, RDA and Ben went up to the Arctic last Friday for some filming of the second movie, Continuum. She posted an update along those lines on her official site.

LAD found some interesting information during the set tour at the Vancouver Convention this weekend.

S4 spoilers...
                    Spoiler:
                    Apparently Sam's pictures are in Weir's office, suggesting that Sam is indeed leading Atlantis next season. It's been said that she's filmed a few episodes already.

Famantha and MajorSam got a hold of copies of a once-long lost film AT did a while ago with J.R. Bourne (Martouf) called "Stuck." It looks like there are some discussions going on regarding getting that distributed some time in the future.

If you're wanting to get any updates on Sanctuary, there should be info at Ooobs/Myrth's site or on the thread here at GW.

I think those are the biggies. I'm sure I missed something though.

ETA: There's also a cute behind-the-scenes vid on the ever-ailing youtube here. It's cute, and there's some con footage that I've never seen before in there. A video response is also here.

ETA2: For people like ShimmeringStar who dig Sam/Cam, here's a video focused on them as well.
                    Ahh...well i knew about Amanda, RDA and Ben going to the Arctic..didn't know about Amanda wrting about it..i'll go check it out as soon as i finish writing this.. As for my grand-father..yeah we are doing well, he had been sick so..he's better where he is..thanks for the updates i'll go check it out, well thats it for now lol. take care SCR, XxX

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      You rang...Oh I am so in a caption mood today lol... captions of the helmet

and some of the caps I already made a few months ago (click for bigger)
                      Spoiler:

Hehe..love your pics!!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        Did I miss something? I found Joe's blog entry this week to be ... refreshingly relevant and witty.
                        [B]
                        i meant joe's march 25th entry (and replies to him at the end).

and as i said in another thread; i'd LOVE to trade places with amanda!

and i'd LOVE to know where *amanda's* sleeping.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I like biker!Sam

Ya know, I brought myself a leather jacket the other day (yeah, that damn student loan ). I had been thinking about it for weeks, but it wasn't until I was walking back to my flat with my purchase that I suddenly realised how much like Sam's it is It's like the one she wore in Covenant (and other eps) but not as shiny.

ChopinGal- She is pretty cool. But you should have seen her face when I told her I'm going to jump out of a plane on my 21st birthday! Wide eyed terror. I love her to bits.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            and as i said in another thread; i'd LOVE to trade places with amanda!

and i'd LOVE to know where *amanda's* sleeping.
                            sally
                            Prion over at the SG1 filming in the artic thread posted this:

www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/cno/n87/usw/issue_20/eggshell2.htm

Hooches look like pretty luxurious digs, a virtual Arctic Club Med! YIKES!!!

The scientists spending time up there are something else, I don't know how long I could live in a hooch, wow.

Motorcycles? Scared to death of them.

((Chelle)) - hope you are ok.

Welcome back to everyone who hasn't been here for a while! And welcome to all the newcomers!
                            Last edited by tagger; 27 March 2007, 08:51 AM.
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                              Does anyone remember how I felt a few months ago when my grandmother mentioned that she had done tequila shots in Mexico? So cool. Well, on saturday night she topped that... my uncle picked up a toy bike out of the toy box we have for visting kids and said "oh, it's an Indian!"

Grandma looked up and said, "an Indian? I used to take rides on one of those when I was a teenager."

My jaw dropped, seriously. "You rode an Indian? In the '40s!?!" Heh, she is the coolest Grandma in the world, but I didn't tell her why I thought that was so cool.
                              NZBG, Your Grandma sounds so COOL!
                              Originally posted by SamCarterRocks View Post
                              Hey guys...!!!
                              Well, i have to admit that i haven't been here a while and, well because of the unfortunate passing of my grand-father i haven't been on for in a LONG TIME!! and i'm completely lost,,
                              So if you guys don't mind i'll start from here..
                              Hope everyone is good !!!
                              (((((((((((SamCarterRocks))))))))))))

I know you have already been told all the news so...I'll give you a hug instead

(((((((((SamCarterRocks))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Here's a little vid I came across tonight and is for those of us who remember "Cagney & Lacey". That might sound OT, but it isn't.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCX7Q2ObimQ
                                Last edited by SamFan31; 27 March 2007, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X