Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I don't quite remember who asked for this, my apologies. However, I do remember someone asking for a hug collage; so I went searching for photos with Sam hugging or being hugged and here is what I came up with. I did find two photos, one with her hugging her brother and one where she is hugging the girl goodbye in 1969(can't remember her name), but they didn't seem to fit well so I decided not to use them. I'm also sure there are more photos of Sam hugging her dad, but I didn't want it to be just a Sam and Dad collage. I'll save that for the next one.

So Much More Than Words
    Kat
    That was my suggestion, Kat - you said that you were looking for things to play with when the forum goes down... and someone said that it would be nice to send AT hugs from us for both coming back to work, and for Mother's Day... so I thought a Sam-gets-hugs collage sounded apros-pos

And - your collage is wonderful! Thanks so much!
    It definitely says (((((Sam))))) and (((((AT)))))
    Very special.

Once more, the Royal Order of Special Blue Jello is most definitely in order!

Comment

After many, many, many days of not keeping track of the GW forums, Spaz happens upon a rather well-known road to a town known as Samanda. She can't keep track of all of the posts, of course, because finals are kicking her butt. Nevertheless, it's Saturday, and she finds herself here again...

"Hey guys!"

*She ducks just in time as fifty posts fly by her at the speed of light.*

"Whoa... That was close - ah!"

*Again, she jumps out of the way as another "Guess The Ep-Add A Quote" pic is posted in record time.*

"Hey, uh... I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a nice weekend... Thought I'd catch up on some past convos, but that seems quite impossible... Maybe next week after school is out? OK... Cool...

OK, so real question: Did Samo ever go into what AT said about the whole acting process? I know there's... something... I just don't know if it was discussed. I know that many posts were made about what she said in audio commentary, but I wasn't sure if Samo received any inside info in regards to that. The whole "getting into character, knowing your character, being your character" issue interests me a lot, and AT does seem kinda method, so I was just wondering.
      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 07 May 2005, 09:36 PM. Reason: Ahh, the art of clarification...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        I agree completely ... AT is quite good at the physicality of acting. She seems to be very mindful at all times of what her body should be doing in the role she's playing.

She even manages a grimace as she makes her way over to the downed drone in the episode. The two times in Death Knell where I felt she dropped it just a bit was the stream and taking the drink of water and then diving behind the log ... and then up and running away. And, at very end, getting up and running to the pile of rocks (after Teal'c had distracted the resurrected super soldier). You could probably argue, though, that her adrenaline in both cases caused her to respond without the noticeable limp and pain which had been slowing her down all along.

All in all, it was a great job of acting!
        I enjoyed listening to AT do the commentary for this episode.

When they got to this scene she talked about how there was an ant hill were she was laying.

When they got to the scene were she was drinking the water they talked about how there were pollywogs in the water

Then they talked about how close the flame effect from the shooting was to her in this scene

I really enjoy the commentaries that AT does because they are informative and funny. Death Knell is done with Peter DeLuise. My favorite is when AT does them with Martin Wood.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          I enjoyed listening to AT do the commentary for this episode.

When they got to this scene she talked about how there was an ant hill were she was laying.

When they got to the scene were she was drinking the water they talked about how there were pollywogs in the water

Then they talked about how close the flame effect from the shooting was to her in this scene

I really enjoy the commentaries that AT does because they are informative and funny. Death Knell is done with Peter DeLuise. My favorite is when AT does them with Martin Wood.
          I totally agree with you... my favorite is with AT and Martin Wood as well.
          They always seem to give a great deal of behind the scenes detail with just the right touch of humour. I always get a chuckle whenever I watch these commentaries, because AT always comes across as the favorite cousin that all the boys( and some of the girls possibly ) have a crush on.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            "Yup, ol' Doc Fraiser was right: Carter's got a cute little caboose."

... or ...

"If I let Carter keep talking about spinwave technology maybe she won't notice me copping a feel ... "

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I don't quite remember who asked for this, my apologies. However, I do remember someone asking for a hug collage; so I went searching for photos with Sam hugging or being hugged and here is what I came up with. I did find two photos, one with her hugging her brother and one where she is hugging the girl goodbye in 1969(can't remember her name), but they didn't seem to fit well so I decided not to use them. I'm also sure there are more photos of Sam hugging her dad, but I didn't want it to be just a Sam and Dad collage. I'll save that for the next one.

So Much More Than Words
              Kat
              Gorgeous!
              Royal Page of Samanda
              "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

*checks out number of post since she's been away* Holy Hannah!!! Not even going to try and catch up with all those! I haven't been on the boards for about two weeks...everythings been crazy. This man who's been more of a father to me than my own had a heart attack - he's okay now thank God, but I guess it really made me appreciate the whole Sam/Jacob thing and what it might feel like to lose someone who means that much to you. My own father and i have never really gotten along, and methinks it's time to mend some bridges!
                Then last friday my friend Brooke gave birth to her firstborn, a gorgeous, perfect little boy who sadly never took a breath. I just pray for all mother's, and Amanda especially that she never has to suffer the loss of her daughter and that Olivia grows up healthy and happy. To top it all off, I'm preparing to leave a show (yes, I'm theatre chick) I've been doing since I was eleven (I'm now about to turn 18) and had to announce it to the rest of the cast on saturday - these people are like my family, so it's all been very emotional.

Throughout this crazy time I've been trying to deal with these emotions - loss and grief and whatever else - that are so new to me. And for some strange reason the person I've looked to as a role model, to find out how to cope and how to behave is the character of Sam character. Make-believe or no, I've spent the last eight years watching her and wanting to be like her. I now find myself thinking 'what would Sam do?' and looking at her experiences of loss (losing Janet, Jacob, dealing with the thought of Cassie dying etc) and her brushes with death. Her tears, her losses, her grief....and her courage, determination, resolve and sheer force of will throughout the worst experiences of her life have been inspiring and have helped me keep going. I keep saying to myself 'be strong, be like Sam'. And when I'm out with other people and the last thing I feel like doing is smiling I say to myself 'be like Amanda, do what she would do.'
                If this is the effect that an actress can have, both by being herself and by playing an amazing character with enough conviction and humanity to make it seem real, then maybe more people should watch tv! Sorry, I know this is sort of rambling and not particularly articulate - but I felt I had to say something to someone or I'd burst!
                Last edited by Charlie; 08 May 2005, 05:13 AM. Reason: I sounded like a crazy person....probably still do, but hey!
                Royal Page of Samanda
                "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                  "Yup, ol' Doc Fraiser was right: Carter's got a cute little caboose."

... or ...

"If I let Carter keep talking about spinwave technology maybe she won't notice me copping a feel ... "
                  ROTFL, but can't rep - must spread!!

Comment

ERRR Take 1 - again!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Ode to Our Lonely Friend At a Distance

For such a loyal fan as thee
                      Who has now gone on a posting spree
                      Alas there but for Sky so brief
                      Was no one on to share the treat

You are our bright wit across the sea
                      But time zones put in jeopardy
                      Any fun with back-and-forthing
                      At the moment of the thoughting*

I have the solution to your woes
                      And herewith dare I to propose
                      Come join us here in the States
                      So we can talk about the Gate

You and hound can find safe haven
                      Settle as a Berkshire maiden
                      Bike the hills and sunny vales
                      And stay on thread with cheery tales

* a new word perhaps to describe the here-and-now of Coley's thinking

Jester, you are more special to me than my abacus - and even my sloe gin - which is always close to my heart, hic! Err when it's not in my mouth! RA

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        I'd like to tie Simhavaktra's idea with chocdoc'so... the Air Force and the SGC put together an offensive (or a counter attack) of some sort to deal with some 'possible' off-earth alien threat... Sam and Daniel advocate a more trusting and investigative approach... they are overrulled...Sam can't speak out too much because she has to follow orders, but Daniel can get *really* tweaked... the Replicarter/Gemini incident is used by people on both sides of the arguement (each 'side' sees things differently). Ultimately, the 'shoot first' group wins and the more aggressive military approach is approved. Sam has to follow orders - she does so reluctantly, but she is professional about it and 'shuts up and carries on'. Daniel harrasses her about it (he's pissed at everyone now).

They go offworld to carry out the mission - with several other teams. An aggressive Marine Colonel is in overall charge of the mission. It all goes to he!!... the SGC teams are decimated. Sam ultimately sacrifices herself to get the rest of her team through the gate. She's injured and ensconces herself to provide cover fire as she orders Mitchell to get the rest of the team, and himself, back to the SGC.

Ultimately, Sam holds out against the enemy until she passes out... or she Escapes and Evades (while hampered by her injury... say a shoulder wound) for awhile (a few days or so)... eventually, Sam either makes contact with some non-militaristic locals and then proceeds to talk rationally with them... or the SGC sends another assualt group through the 'Gate - which diverts the attention of her pursuers... then Sam doubles back and attacks them from the rear as they face the larger force of new SGC personnel in front of them.

In the end, the aliens are found to be reasonable and even friendly... of a technological level at least equal to that of earth, but with some inventions and tech that we don't have - and we have some that they don't.

Errr... or something along those lines?

Fantastic ideas from everyone - brilliantly brought together by Astro. So when are you starting the fanfic for it? Down on knees begging!

Comment

i'm going to be gone till late monday night, and even then, i might not be able to pop in here. so, as my parting gift, i give you a pic to caption.

check out their wonderful facial expressions and have fun!

sally

Sam: "And you can take your eyes off my specially modified P90 ....Sir - it's with me!"

Comment

i'm going to be gone till late monday night, and even then, i might not be able to pop in here. so, as my parting gift, i give you a pic to caption.

check out their wonderful facial expressions and have fun!

sally

Sam: "I'll try and explain it in another way!"

O'Neill: "I wonder if she wants that cake"

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Well, here it is. My 1000th post on GW and I knew I'd have to post it here on this the SAGC thread.

I wondered what special Sam insight I could share with you or what kind of wisdom I could impart to my fellow Samandans on this most auspicious occasion.

And after a great deal of thought...

...hmm...

...nope.

I got nothing.

Congratulations Uber and as ChopinGal has already written - you've given the thread a great deal Cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

... *And* I also like references to the domestic things that she doesn't do "I can't spin, weave or dye" (her line went something like that in Emancipation).... In a future episode, I'd like to see or hear a reference to Sam's lack of culinary prowess in the kitchen... something maybe with Cassie... she could banish Sam from the kitchen while taking care of dinner preparations or such... or maybe Sam volunteers to fix dinner and Cassie looks horrified and then tries to hide her reaction as she fumbles for an appropriate way to get Sam to order for a pizza...
                                In Rite of Passage, doesn't Janet thank Sam for "baking" the birthday cake and Sam interjects quickly "buying". I think that happens ... which definitely shows how domestic our Sam is ... *not*.

Although ... in Forsaken, Sam is kinda flirting with Aden Corso and tells him she makes a mean souffle! So, go figure!

Comment

Working...
                                X