Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
    Spoiler:

Maybe, but it'll be an experience of a lifetime! I bet Amanda will enjoy it. She hasn't flown in a jet, but she gets to go to the arctic! Cool! (er...cold )
    Spoiler:
    And who knows, maybe she'll get to go aboard a 688 Class Attack Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Spoiler:
      Maybe, but it'll be an experience of a lifetime! I bet Amanda will enjoy it. She hasn't flown in a jet, but she gets to go to the arctic! Cool! (er...cold )
      Spoiler:
      It's interesting that an official statement was made about this by MGM. It must be a pretty big deal to film there or something. And then they have the Navy involved... All in all, it sounds like a very neat experience.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

I know where you come frm MegYn...just always post your thoughts and idea's even if everyone is negative sometimes then you just need something positive to see it from another side...So that people who only see negative things also see something positive about it
        i'm totally backing up this statement. the true nature of a discussion thread is to read the good, bad, and in between to get an in depth view of the topic. that can't happen if someone shys away from stating their views. so go for it, megyn!

and I have a question: Where can I find a lot of team promo pictures? does anyone know a good site cause I don't know
        a team pic? like this:

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          I just looked at a gazillion screen caps of 'Unending'.
          Spoiler:
          I think that if anything is going to make me cry...it will likely be Amanda's performance. Just looking at the pictures of some of her scenes got me teared up! I am so glad she is going to SGA. I'm so not ready to let go of Sam Carter yet.
          Unending:
          Spoiler:
          I cried several times during the episode. Most of the time, it was because of the look on Amanda's face. The slight sadness and gentle tone when saying goodbye to Thor... The way she smiled up at Vala when Vala found Sam alone in the mess hall and Sam had obviously just been crying broke my heart. Amazing subtlety few could pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            Unending:
            Spoiler:
            I cried several times during the episode. Most of the time, it was because of the look on Amanda's face. The slight sadness and gentle tone when saying goodbye to Thor... The way she smiled up at Vala when Vala found Sam alone in the mess hall and Sam had obviously just been crying broke my heart. Amazing subtlety few could pull off.
            Jenn...I cried all the time during it...and Amanda was the reason that is for sure!!!!
            I am actually trying to post an entry on my LJ about it and I am still crying...this show really touched my soul... and it is hard to know this is the end!

Comment

yay, new pics!

(i had to go find where these came from. found it.)

someone's GOT to make a helen smileyface.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

((((((((((samanda's))))))))

I watched Unending last night and:
                Spoiler:

I actually liked most of the ep. The poor Asgard(sp?) did they really have to kill them off? The emotions all the characters showed were great and very moving, and I liked watching them age it was very clever and of course Sam aged very gracefully And the cello was amazingly beautiful(I wonder if Amanda learned to play it?) I think we saw "sad" Sam of season 1-8 again rather than happy, content Sam we've seen in the last two seasons and Amanda as always was fantastic especially her emotional scenes they made me cry right along with Sam. I loved the scene with her Teal'c outside the infirmary after Gen Landray(sp?) was dying the hug between them was lovely. The last scenes were so emotion watching the Stargate engage one sheveron(sp?) at a time and hearing Walter calling them out, and the conversation between sg1 while they waited at the bottom of the ramp was very poignant. Needless to say, by the end of it I was crying like a baby
                There were some bits I didn't like about it but that's just my shippy brain talking so..

I hope you can all understand my ramblings It took me ages to know what to write lol
                I wanted to thank all the gals on YIM I couldn't have gotten though yesterday without you, wuv you all((((((((((YIM Gals & All of GW)))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hey all.. I thought I better pop up and beg everyone's patience with the promised "fleshy version" of the Amanda chat transcript. I'm not a liar, I swear. It's been slow going though because the quality of the recording isn't great (my fault), so it's taking longer than I anticipated to pull the rest of the info out of it. I beg your patience a little longer, but it is still coming.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    Thanks for the link, tsax! Man, N. John Smith wasn't kidding when he said that Amanda's schedule was busy these days. I wonder if she and Ben have to be there for the whole week.
                    I would guess that Ben and Amanda will be there for the week. They have been trying to get it worked out to film up there for several years.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

unending;
                      Spoiler:

i'm thinking that they thought for the first time in years that they were going to get another season, then got shut down after this was written.

anyway. it was a pretty good ep. obviously, with it being the last ep, and being accustomed to the "last" sg1 eps having something in them for my kind, i was a bit disappointed that their was no slightly s/j ship mention. and even more disappointed that, with it being the last ep, that there was no mention of jack at all.

also, on a vala/daniel (sorry, but there's no good way to put that in just initials) ship note, i'm just not buying into that relationship as a romance. i'm just not feeling it. i don't buy it, don't believe it. it didn't have a negative affect on my enjoyment of the episode, aside from the fact that i though daniel was a total ass to her in that one scene. but hey, the daniel/vala shippers must be pretty damn happy so how can i begruge that? although i did love her little comment to teal'c asking who she'd hooked up with. "was it you muscles?". adorable.

now on the to more relevant topic. sam. amazing as always. aside from my minor issue of her not mentioning jack, and continuing on that with not mentioning cassie or anyone mentioning anyone that they would obviously have missed. yeah, sam was fantastic. some great scenes in there. great s/t hugage. lovin' it. great little scene with thor. and a brilliant scene with landry (well more than one good one). absolutely great chemistry between amanda tapping and beau bridges (not 'shippy, don't worry).

i'd love to know if amanda actually did learn to play some cello for those scenes, although i'm presuming the actual audio we heard was not her playing, unless she's been hiding another amazing talent from the world.

and talk about aging well (i know it was just make up but), yowza! sam 20-50 years older? still damn hot.

so overall, a pretty good ep. not really what i was expecting. didn't really get everything i would have hoped for. not all of it rang totally true for me, but overall, pretty dang good. although i am glad there's sg1 dvd movies still to come, because if that was definitely the last we were to see of sg1 on their own show, i would be less happy.

(of course my opinion my be influenced by my inability to see it on sky when it aired last night, and having to wait until this morning before i left for work to see it)

right then. thats my muddled up thoughts on the ep done.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                        I would guess that Ben and Amanda will be there for the week. They have been trying to get it worked out to film up there for several years.
                        Yeah, Amanda seemed quite thrilled about filming in the Arctic when she spoke to us at the monologues. Although for some strange reason I got the impression they were filming in the Arctic the week of the play not the end of the month according to the things she said to several of the girls. However, I'm sure it's going to be a unique -- once in a lifetime --experience for Amanda. This definitely seems to be Amanda's year.

Comment

well, it takes you time to get there, especially dealing with weather and rendevousing with the ship. i would GUESS that they'll fly to an air base and then RV with the sub, or be picked up by the sub or another ship in van and tahn taken there

either way, if they're taping for a week, i'd guess that it'd take them the better part of another week to travel to and from and that's withhout weather delays

pretty cool

now, on antoher topic, we have one last 'duty' for folks
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ewpost&t=39180

we're voting on a title for the samanda story and the more the merrier
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                            Unending:
                            Spoiler:
                            Unending:

Spoiler:
                            Heh. Crying. Wish I could...

I loved it. I loved it, loved it, loved it.

Did everyone see the blue jello in all of their trays? Sam was in charge of "replicating" the food, right? That made me smile.

And Sam hugged Thor!

Anyway... I watched it sitting against a wall in a foyer area of my uni (my battery ran out and there is a power point behind the newspaper stand) and my friend found me and sat with me. I explained what ep it was, and even though she isn't a scifi fan she said "you're going to cry in front of all these people?" She knows me too well. Literally hundreds of people walked past me as I sat on the floor and laughed, squeed and avoided crying.

I loved the ending. All the chevrons, the indeed, everyone else taking the piss of the indeed (). It was amazing.

When I closed my laptop, my friend said "you're grinning, not crying!" Heh, I was shaking.

I need some time to absorb... I'm getting choked up now but I'm still at uni, standing at a computer station in a busy hallway.

I'm focusing on the good (they finally gave us a Stargate Christmas scene!) and avoiding the negative stuff (Thor? A perfect ep for an RDA guest spot...) because Stargate deserves to be celebrated right now. When we all finish crying.

Heh, not very articulate. But can you blame me?
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                              Hi Everyone,

((((((((((samanda's))))))))

I watched Unending last night and:
                              Spoiler:

I actually liked most of the ep. The poor Asgard(sp?) did they really have to kill them off? The emotions all the characters showed were great and very moving, and I liked watching them age it was very clever and of course Sam aged very gracefully And the cello was amazingly beautiful(I wonder if Amanda learned to play it?) I think we saw "sad" Sam of season 1-8 again rather than happy, content Sam we've seen in the last two seasons and Amanda as always was fantastic especially her emotional scenes they made me cry right along with Sam. I loved the scene with her Teal'c outside the infirmary after Gen Landray(sp?) was dying the hug between them was lovely. The last scenes were so emotion watching the Stargate engage one sheveron(sp?) at a time and hearing Walter calling them out, and the conversation between sg1 while they waited at the bottom of the ramp was very poignant. Needless to say, by the end of it I was crying like a baby
                              There were some bits I didn't like about it but that's just my shippy brain talking so..

I hope you can all understand my ramblings It took me ages to know what to write lol
                              I wanted to thank all the gals on YIM I couldn't have gotten though yesterday without you, wuv you all((((((((((YIM Gals & All of GW)))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              ^ the 66000th post everybody! can't think of a better screen name to have made it either.

yay sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                well, it takes you time to get there, especially dealing with weather and rendevousing with the ship. i would GUESS that they'll fly to an air base and then RV with the sub, or be picked up by the sub or another ship in van and tahn taken there

either way, if they're taping for a week, i'd guess that it'd take them the better part of another week to travel to and from and that's withhout weather delays

pretty cool
                                so what dates are we talking about here? i want to know if it's possible that amanda could show up at the vancouver con at the end of march?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X