Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    ya gotta admit, the thought of a chocolate covered jack, with a cherry on top, is sure to keep the cockles of your heart warm on a cold winters' night
    ::Gasp:: Are we talking doohickeys again?

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      ::Gasp:: Are we talking doohickeys again?

suse

buahahah
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

It's too early here, but I think it's the correct day for where you are, so

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          there's no definite number, darren's been rather cagey about it

i would GUESS that it's about 20. so rep Mandy, you then have to rep 19 other people before you can rep mandy again. And you have a limit of a certain number of reps you can give out in 24 hours

He had to put limits on the system because, years ago, we had others that abused it, greening and greening each other just to get the jello blocks, so the limits were installed to keep that from happening
          Okay, I've been waiting Sky the moderator wielder of the wet noodle said to rep Mandy
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Okay, I've been waiting Sky the moderator wielder of the wet noodle said to rep Mandy
            Are ya sure about that Mandy? she didn't say which color the rep had to be

Comment

Running full speed through the posts and I still can't catch up... hehe

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
              Amanda is also totally correct Latin- it means 'ought to be loved' or 'worthy' as you put it, which is nicer for a name.
              It's an example of a grammatical term called the gerundive. Its how I always remembered it (that and 'Miranda', which means 'ought to be admired') Maybe I would have done better in my exams if I'd directly linked it to AT...
              Nice, interesting.

Originally posted by Myrth View Post
              NEW ONLINE AMANDA CHAT - Woo Hoo!

The Amanda Tapping Club Presents: Amanda Tapping - A Chat With Her Fans

Friday February 16th 10am PST (Brisith Columbia: Vancouver time)

The AT Club would like to invite you to a special online event. Amanda will join us at www.theamandatappingclub.net for an online chat, answering your questions. Amanda truly enjoys her chats with her fans and is thrilled to be participating once again.

Please go to www.theamandatappingclub.net and submit your questions by 11pm Thurs 15th Feb PST, and we will ask as many as we can during the chat while Amanda is with us.

We look forward to seeing you there!

The Amanda Tapping Club

Thanks for heads up... looking forward to transcript.

Originally posted by starrgazer
              "The nature of this business is incestuous - it isn't what you know, it's who you know."

And based on my experience in getting the job I have now, that is the complete truth. (Through the volunteer work I do for a local TV station, and the people I met there, not because of my education).

Then throw in the gender issue, and it gets better... I was hired on as a part-time director, and was only moved into a Producer's position when the previous producer quit, and they were in a desperate rush to find someone to replace her. (There but for the Grace of God, I suppose - because a few months either way, and I'd be back at McDonalds doing orientations and wishing I was anywhere but there all over again - even Netu!!)

I know this board is not for venting about work, and such, but just thought I'd relate some of my experiences about being a woman in the field...

Alas, I have lines to learn, and SG-1 is on right now... will go watch Sam be in charge for a bit and feel better about being a woman in the workforce... but should probably run lines instead. *sigh* procrastination!

Cheers,
              Starrgazer
              Keep up the good work! Don't get discouraged!

Originally posted by suse View Post
              I clicked and an itty bitty screen popped up, but nothing else.

suse
              Me too,

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              Akk! Youtube isn't working for me!

*dies*
              Samandan sarcophagus engaged - full health restored with no eveeel side effects.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
              Agreed!
              Spoiler:
              playing a mother, being 157 years old. Oh yeah I see (predict, hope to see) a wise doctor battling the demons of her past. Protecting those that seek sanctuary... Helping her daughter cope with who her father was and dealing with it herself. and leading those at the sanctuary into a war.... OK so that's just my imagination... But that's where my imagination has taken me until I hear more
              oh yeah I'm excited about this!!
              Yippeeee, Sanctuary news, and she plays a doctor, perfect, I'm in!
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                Are ya sure about that Mandy? she didn't say which color the rep had to be
                What! We all know its supposed to be green, right

and be careful ann, your 1000th post is coming up, I'm sure you want it to be green too
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I just want to say that I'm so looking forward to
                  Spoiler:
                  this 2 hours pilot !! I'll have to get some friends with me to watch this !!
                  a get together in Toronto maybe

ok I'm going to bed now, good night all
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
                    I just want to say that I'm so looking forward to
                    Spoiler:
                    this 2 hours pilot !! I'll have to get some friends with me to watch this !!
                    a get together in Toronto maybe
                    I'm in !!
                    I'll even provide the media centre hooked up to the big screen TV

mini(seriously, I mentioned that I was a)GEEK(right?)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                      I'm in !!

I get the feeling you are living up to your name ____GEEK
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'm in !!

*gasp* me too!

My media centre hooked big screen is called Darth Vader <g>

*cough* I mean... no, I don't name all of my computers...

(Pats my current "Gandalf the Grey" No offense dear...)
                        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

I get the feeling you are living up to your name ____GEEK
                          Look, I already told ya, GiantAmazonGeek didn't fit in the box.

Comment

I'm in !!

woohoo but : media centre ?? this seems.. big ?
                            so I'll keep my fingers crossed, I'll have exams in April.. and then I'll have to fly back home so, let's hope it will be released at the beginning of spring !!

great things come with being a geek

and I'm really going to bed now !!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                              *gasp* me too!

My media centre hooked big screen is called Darth Vader <g>

*cough* I mean... no, I don't name all of my computers...

(Pats my current "Gandalf the Grey" No offense dear...)
                              They're networked aren't they? Wirelessly. Don't deny it.

Comment

What! We all know its supposed to be green, right

and be careful ann, your 1000th post is coming up, I'm sure you want it to be green too
                                After 3 years I finally made it to 1000 posts! whew Who would have thought I could talk so much .... you hush Mandy and JanSam

Comment

Working...
                                X