Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Yeah, I see her being friendly, and having a few friends, but more comfortable talking shop than in making small talk. And even though she's brilliant, she wouldn't have slid by, she'd have always been striving, so I see her spending extra hours in the lab and that sort of thing.
    Definitely. I see Sam as somebody who would never be content with 99%. She'd always strive for 100%.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      That's impossible, Sally. Everybody who watches sci-fi knows
      Spoiler:
      there are no toilets on starships.

Spoiler:
      No toilets on starships because the toilets are too busy masquerading as spaceships

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
        Wet Socks + Crazy Samandans = The New Doohickey
        I think that is a sequel to Mandy her fic

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
        O.K., I did an internet search on Sanctuary (well, maybe a couple of dozen) and got a new interview. No new information but if you want to read it...
        http://www.clubjade.net/

Also, our little thread comes up on some of the searches. By discussing Amanda's new project, we are helping promote it. Good job Samandans!
        THANK YOU SO MUCH...going to check that out

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
        Makes sense.

It's a good investment for the military to help their people get the best education they can.

In Sam's case, it definitely paid off - if it hadn't been for her, and all she had learned and discovered, there would be no Earth any more.

Post 6,000.
        CONGRATS ON 6000...WOW that is a lot

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        ***wonders if the true genius is the one who didn't do the test***
        Nope cause you didn't do it and we all know you aren't a genius

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Just a quick musing... I just realised how Amanda-heavy the front page of Gateworld is at the moment There's the big Interview banner, the little interview button, the Sanctuary news, the TV Zone special pic, the Tapping in 14 episodes news and I got the Amanda banner at the top of the page to boot. I was in Sam/Amanda heaven *groans*
        I spotted that too...and you know what I said the first thing I saw it...WOW AMANDA!!!! way to go...
        And of course also in Amanda heaven but haven't been out there since line in the sand so
        I actually never go out there so...

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
          Wow, I just saw this pic... while we're on that topic, a few tidbits of some of my summer!

Aaah, the Canadian Rockies *sigh*

I agree, Sieze the day, Nothing is impossible!!!!
          Wow!

Vertigo - inducing for me, but absolutely lovely lakes, waterfalls, snow, mountains. *sighs happily* The universe is a grand place!!

We rarely get snow and I miss seeing it on mountains!

The orange zinc oxide sun block works wonders, doesn't it? hehe

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
          Wow! All of this cool stuff going on! Great comments Chopingal! I couldn't agree more.

*and I have to admit that I just *had* to google 'dystopian'... and couldn't help but laugh at the first definition listed: 'dystopian - of or pertaining to or resembling a dystopia'... don'cha just luv dictionary definitions?! *

And now that I have a handle on what dystopian means... I couldn't agree more with CG's sentiments RE Season 9!
          Hey! Astro is here!

Oh to be Sam right then. Sigh. Shirtless Jack/RDA...mmmm.
          Ditto!

That was fantastic. Loved it. Thanks for the rec!

I guess I can be a bit brave and recommend a fic which I wrote the first draft of and Anni edited with/for me so after a few rounds it became a collaboration. OK so all the good parts are hers and all the sucky parts are mine. She wanted to put my name on it alone but I said NUHUH.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3063248/1/

Ya'll probably read it, it's not new.
          Beautifully written, loved it!

(I had never read it before.)
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
            Wow!

The orange zinc oxide sun block works wonders, doesn't it? hehe
            Yes. Yes it does

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Any "new" news on Sanctuary yet?

I just noticed in everyone's posts, it says sanctuary for all - sounds even better.

The anticipation and my western diet are killing me.
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

Oh, I've read that one, tis great. Thanks C7

While I'm at it - Rachel's "Goddesses" is probably one of the best stargate stories I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Ever. Did I mention Ever? It just showed up on ff.net.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3375445/1/

So fantastic. Such Carter goodness. And Weir goodness too! Insanely intelligent plot. Wicked character interaction. Better than on television, I'm not kidding. We should rec it on the "Tapping Gates to Atlantis" thread...

mg
                for someone like me that's not familiar with atlantis, will i be lost in this fic?

(i'll start watching atlantis the moment sam enters the picture)

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  for someone like me that's not familiar with atlantis, will i be lost in this fic?

(i'll start watching atlantis the moment sam enters the picture)

sally
                  Absolutely not. You see, unlike much of the television we've been seeing prior to recent episodes, Rachel writes character-driven stories. You'll be caught up in the action which is *driven* by the characters, and not the other way around. The story itself requires no knowledge of either series to make sense and resonate. It's fantastic overall. If you ask me.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

ok I was playing a bit with PS... wanted to try something new and I came up with that...must say not my best thing I have ever done but just ok to show you all...

Hope you all like it

Comment

We polar bears do love the blue jello, don't we?
                      Maybe ......

a bit too much ????

-

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        That was one of the first ones I got
                        Heh, I actually got the cricket one. Not that I would know what it means! I have just picked up a bit of the jargon from my cricket mad friends.

Absolutely not. You see, unlike much of the television we've been seeing prior to recent episodes, Rachel writes character-driven stories. You'll be caught up in the action which is *driven* by the characters, and not the other way around. The story itself requires no knowledge of either series to make sense and resonate. It's fantastic overall. If you ask me.
                        Yep.

You know what's sad though? This is a quote from Jo Mallozzi's latest blog (I know, not strictly SG-1, but I think it's still revealing).

"On the Stargate front, I’m almost finished my rewrite of Reunion and am, admittedly, a little worried. While the script offers plenty of action, it is primarily a character-driven story. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of notes we receive from the network."

How much does it suck that the writers have to be continually worrying about some kind of action quota? Sure, I love the action... but does every single episode need tonnes of it at the expense of character development?
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

the shroud

Spoiler:
                          so no one has told me yet if sam really was in command of the oddessey. i really want to know.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                            You know what's sad though? This is a quote from Jo Mallozzi's latest blog (I know, not strictly SG-1, but I think it's still revealing).

"On the Stargate front, I’m almost finished my rewrite of Reunion and am, admittedly, a little worried. While the script offers plenty of action, it is primarily a character-driven story. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of notes we receive from the network."

How much does it suck that the writers have to be continually worrying about some kind of action quota? Sure, I love the action... but does every single episode need tonnes of it at the expense of character development?
                            Yeah, I posted about that in the anti-S10 thread; I completely agree. You have to give Joe credit, though. He knows exactly what he's doing with that blog of his.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Untrue. Which you would know, if you read Sam/Jack fiction. Since you don't, how the heck do you know?

Heck, Denise's "Trickets" series counts among those, as does Rachel's "Pond with no Fish", and there are others I'm forgetting now. Oh, Strix wrote a great one.

You know not what you speak of, young padawan PITA.
                              how about gracie's 'the hidden one' or doc's 'the weather outside' (in fact, most of doc's fic has sam/jack ust in it)

even my evolution is a sam/jack fic, just an au one. Mirror, Mirror was gen.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                the shroud

Spoiler:
                                so no one has told me yet if sam really was in command of the oddessey. i really want to know.

sally
                                Spoiler:
                                It seemed to me she was. She was sitting in the middle chair, where the commanding officer usually sits.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X