• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honey, i was born odd
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My parents bet everything on red. I don't know what happened.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Weird Psycho Fans - This is totally OT
        Spoiler:

My sister has this infatuation with a certain 80's musician/pop star. I won't name names, but many of you already already know who I'm talking about. Anyway. Recently she and a couple of her friends went in together to purchase a pair of his pants -- black leather pants that belonged to this particular singer -- at a charity auction for $1500.00.

They came into the mail today and when she got home from work, she took the package into her room and a few minutes later she came out wearing a black corset, black boots and the black leather pants. With the purchase of the pants, she also received a backstage pass to his next concert. She told me that she was planning to wear the outfit she had on and when she got back stage she was going to give him a hug and then whisper into his ear that after twenty five years she finally managed to get into his pants.

I seriously doubt she'll have the guts to actually do it. She's met him in person a dozen times and has hardly said a word to him, so I can't help but giggle, but it just goes to show you how crazy fans can get from every aspect of fandom.

OH! And it looks as if I may be able to actually use those tickets to the Monologues that I purchased! Whee! I may be bringing a crazy friend with me as well. I just hope there are no auctions taking place while we are there! LOL.

Kat (who is dancing a little jig right now)
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 01 February 2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Kat! That is awesome news! (The Monologues - not the pants... ). If you're coming by, we all have to get together for brunch or something, maybe Sat. or Sun. early afternoon!

Yay!

Hugs!!
          geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            I don't think I've posted this here: (spoilers for OT, pic from Nemesis)
            Spoiler:

Her hands were actually a bit closer, but men do tend to exagerate about the size of their fish.
            this is a pic i'd love to send to amanda. but i'd want to see the look on her face when she views it.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
              I'm the opposite. This is cool... something that entertainment history might look back on as the beginning of a major shift in how programs are produced and delivered to an audience. It's potentially groundbreaking. It's risky, no doubt, an investment of time, energy, and money that they have no guarantee will pay off. But I could imagine that it's new, and different, and exciting for those involved.

Edited to add: I bet a lot of people in the industry will be watching to see how this plays out, too.

i feel the same.

there's two huge bonuses to this project:

1- we get to see more amanda!

2- it's groudbreaking! whether it takes off or not, it'll be remembered as one of THE first to do something like this.

i'm VERY excited!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                With a slant towards X-Men but not so cheesy?
                Conflict is good and it makes for some fantastic and compelling stories. It'll be interesting then how all these 'freaks' interact with each other and society - some feeling hurt and suppressed, not wanting to help whilst others want to help and are more proactive about the whole issue.
                Wendy
                Hugs
                Hehe..that's what I said yesterday...
                Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                amanda the villian. now THAT would be fun.
                Yep...but thenagain...in my eyes she could never truly be the villian...I mean...I love replicarter...(yes you too Eve!!)...but I don't think I want to watch a whole series of shows where Amanda plays the bad dude.
                I also want to say that I loved Replicator Sam too! And I think that Amanda is such a versatile actress that Villain could really work, especially on a darker show, like the way Sanctuary seems to be.
                Maybe she could be one of those characters you think are good but a little misunderstood but then turns out to be pure evil!

Wendy
                Hugs
                Or maybe it's the other way around...we think she's really bad and evil but turns out to be really good and angelic!!
                Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                Really disappointed in "Sanctuary" - Internet Series WTF ? Why not give it for free
                I had such high hopes for AT after "Stargate" - big motion pictures with chances for Golden Globes and Oscars...
                Really, really disappointed
                There there pete...don't fret yet...we on't know for sure if we have to pay for it...but then again this is business so anythings possible...but as for the GG and Oscars...Amanda absolutley outshines all those hollywood starlets and deserves better than that...she'll always have the potential to go to hollywood and get one of those dust collectors but honestly, I think she's quite happy where she is...and besides, I think hollywood is sooooo overated...I don't like what it does to it's stars...if Amanda's happy than that's all that counts...IMHO!!
                Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                Honestly I am happy that it is an internet serie...I mean this is a good concept...now a days a lot of people do things with the internet and for people who don't live in the state this is a change to see this show...I think it is great and I am happy it will be legally downloaded I think...honeslty I don't mind paying for it at all!!! only thing I do have is the fact that it will not be on tv...and I do love to watch things on tv...but then again you can put it on a dvd yourself and watch it on tv so...that is fixed
                And I think for Amanda it is a great career movie... And as for the big motion pictures...yes it would be nice to see her in it but that also means less time with her family...and we all know she likes to spend time with them too so this is precisly what she needs... I still am excited about it...
                And Golden globes and oscars...Well we all know she will never get that, if you are honest, even if she really deserves it!!! Cause she is really a great actress!!!
                But honestly what are those kind of things anyway...just a bunch of people who vote for it...I think what is more important is that the people like her, her fans like what she does, the people who watch the show daily, who go and watch the movie...they are important...
                Well that is my oppinion anyway...
                What do you mean we all know she will never get that...tsk tsk Eve...anything is possible with Amanda...but you're right i that hollywood would take more of her time and that would mean less time with her family...but like I said just above...if she's happy then that's all that matters...right??!!
                who says it won't be free? I don't recall seeing anything about it being pay per view yet
                as to movies/oscars/golden globes....vancouver is not hollywood. And as talented as she is, she's not one of the 'in' crowd there.
                I dont' know her anywhere near personally, but if i had to make a guess, i'd think she'd rather stay in vancouver with her friends and famioly and have a good career, than trot down to hollywood and be 'just another actor' in that dog eat dog atmosphere.
                Yep...I agree totally with you on that Sky!! Well said!
                Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                Ugh, I (personally) can't stand the L.A. (industry) scene. It's so completely affected. Sucks the life out of a person's soul, unless you've got *extremely* thick skin and are willing to be just as disingenuous to get what you want. Some folks love it, I know, some don't see it that way and that's completely fair, but I could never (personally) live or work there. It might also be because I'm Canadian and our industry scene here is quite different. I don't deny that. And I'm talking about L.A., mind you. California is a beautiful state!
                ...yep..spot on!!
                that's why i love batman and can't stand superman. I need flaws,and sups is so 'white bread' that he's boring. even in stargate, maybourne was just a run of the mill 'baddie of the week' until chain reaction and he had another side adn THEN he got intriguing
                I too miss replicarter. I think an arc with her was a huge missed opportunity. as to the hair, well maybe she does want to make a stand that's not 'oh, look, it's carter'.
                I think it is. doesn't freak me out personally, but that's me
                Ok...I'm thinking a lot like you again sky...or could that be the other wau around seeings how we are a day ahead of you...it's Friday arvo here btw...but wow...everyhting you said is what I think...even the thing about her hair...it doesn't freak me out per say...I think it looks totally wicked...so different from Sam Carter which I think is part of the point...and so role defining..IMHO!!
                Originally posted by Lida View Post
                Amanda Tapping, from season 1, made Carter a real person. Maybe the writers went over top quite a few times, but AT pulled them all off. She is not only a fantatic actress, she is one of the most caring, loving and generous people I've ever met.
                You are so lucky to have met her...one day I hope to have that priveledge...but of course I am also hoping to meet some Samandans too and shippers...that's my dream anyway!!
                Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                Book 7 will be out July 21. Don't feel bad. I'm still on Book 4.
                Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
                I am not better, because I have not read book five yet.
                Hehe...well I haven't read any of the books...but I have seen the movies
                I believe I read somewhere, perhaps in the Gateworld article, that anyone can view the episodes from all over the world/net. So it should be too! I always think it's unfair that one country gets it before the other. I should get to see Amanda when everyone else does!
                Wendy
                Hugs
                Here in Australia we have only just finished season 9 of SG1 and SGA was in the middle of season2 when they pulled it off the air...not sure why either...so yeah...it's such a royal pain in the mikta to not be able to see episodes like the rest of the world!
                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i had a dream about amanda and sanctuary.
                all i can remember is amanda's character is doing some kind of tv thing, and she's standing outside of her cozy small craft store. she's got blond hair and is dressed really casual. her boyfriend (in the story) is watching her on tv and is grinning. best part, it's richard dean anderson playing her boyfriend! bad news, my dream went off into something else and i never got to see a love scene between them. (stupid brain).
                then the dream went off, like i said, into something else, but now that the day's went on, i can't really remember what it was.
                man, am i excited about this new show of hers! and excited about seeing some upcoming sg1 eps ('line in the sand' {which i keep wanting to call 'in the line of sand'}, and 'the road not taken'). and sam's going to continue on atlantis! this is an amanda smorgasbord of fun!!
                sally
                What is it with dreams??? Why do they always seem to end on a cliff hanger??? That's probably why I hate season ending cliffhangers!!...I have had 3 Stargate dreams and rthey all ended when it was just starting to get good...why, why, why???...It's just not fair!
                Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                Well, the announcement and pics of Amanda's new show definately deserve

MY 1000'TH POST!!!!!!!

It's funny though, I saw her in the first week of Jan (Saw, in passing, no talking ) And though her hair was long, it wasn't brown yet... bah. That woulda just shocked me right out!!
                (Yes, I'm easily pleased when it comes to Amanda... *shrug* )
                Congrats on your milestone MajorSam!!
                And you saw Amanda you say?? Cool...so do you like live in the same area as her...sorry..don't mean to pry...it's more a rhetorical question than not...ok...I'm outa here before I really put my foot in it!!
                i think hte brown hair is a wig
                no matter how good the salon is, it's hard on the hair to dye it darker then process it lighter. easier to get a good wig
                Yep...again..I agree...this is getting weird!!
                Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                Changing your hair colour either way is hard on the hair. Actually, what is Amanda's natural colour?
                Amanda is a natural blonde...much like myself but there are many shades of blonde...my hairdresser informs me that I am a dark blonde...I used to be really really really blonde when i was little but it got darker as I got older...my kids are the same...so I'm thinking Amanda's probably a lighter blonde...but I also think she's had it coloured over the years...just to highlight it...if you know what I mean!
                it's been some shade of blonde in everything i've ever seen her in. with her fair skin and blue eyes, it'd be kinda odd for her hair to be dark
                Fair skin??? You think?? Not so sure about that...she's pretty tanned up IMO...put it this way...she's a heck of a lot browner than me and I'm not as fair as my mum...I mean...I'm almost translucent but I don't think Amanda's that fair...is she??? Hmmm...I had heard that she tans well when on holiday...lucky duck...I go red then back to snow white...D'oH!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I like to see the romance begin on screen - I hate it when it's rushed; one minute two people are meeting and then three scenes later they're regularly dating and spending many nights together. I love to see the magic on the screen and love to watch it develop.

So, if romance is in the series it would be best if it developed in front of the audience rather than after the director says 'cut'.

And, I thought your post made complete sense to me. Either that, or we're both senseless!

Wendy
                  Hugs
                  well, if they ship amanda's character with anyone, let him be a HUNK! and i mean that!! *drools*

sally, the shipper
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 1000 posts MajorSam! You are half way to a custom avatar!

I'm going to agree that a) Amanda is a natural blonde (remember the Olivia pic), b) the brunette is a wig, and c) she looks great as a brunette.

Hubby and I were discussing the new series tonight before dinner, and my daughter overheard. She was getting excited, but I chilled her out quickly. I told her we'd have to wait and see whether she could see this one or not, and she shrugged it off with, "Well, at least I get to see Atlantis." I am really, really glad we're getting Amanda in SGA next year. Hopefully, that will keep my mother/daughter battles to a minimum if this new series is too dark for the kiddos. Of course, SG-1 was our date night series for years before the kids finally got old enough to join us, so it would kind of be nice to have a new date night show...something we didn't have to share with the kids. I'm thinking Sanctuary might be that show.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                      On that note, I had my first Sam/Jack dream the other night with an actual love scene in it woohooo! It's only before been kissing and the like!
                      first, congratz on 1 trillion posts! or 1 thousand. close enough.

second, email me with the details of the s/j dream!

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

i think hte brown hair is a wig

no matter how good the salon is, it's hard on the hair to dye it darker then process it lighter. easier to get a good wig
                        Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Changing your hair colour either way is hard on the hair. Actually, what is Amanda's natural colour?
                        i'm actually wondering if her hair 'is' going to be dark in it. i still wonder about the lightlness of it at the bottom (in that pic). i know ppl are saying it's prob just special effects, but still...

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          well, if they ship amanda's character with anyone, let him be a HUNK! and i mean that!! *drools*

sally, the shipper

No shipping! Deceased, separated, divorced husband is good ( well not good, but at least there hopefully won't be a lot of shipping ). Shipping is bad. Big hex on shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            No shipping! Dead husband is good. Shipping is bad.
                            imo ship Amanda's character with that hot blonde chick

Comment

Umm, Agent Dark, I thought you might want to move to Canada and get a part on the series then they could ship Amanda's character with you.

Actually, like I said earlier, I really hope they don't play the ship card right away. If something develops naturally then great fabulous, but I'd really rather see her character develop and grow for awhile. I'm not antiship by any means (see sig), but onscreen ship too soon is liable to look forced.

*cough*Vaniel*cough*
                              (Not trying to offend anyone...just my opinion of course.)

We don't want that!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                Umm, Agent Dark, I thought you might want to move to Canada and get a part on the series then they could ship Amanda's character with you.
                                You're an ideas woman!
                                Last edited by Agent_Dark; 01 February 2007, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X