No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for any sam fans that are still reading the 'tapping gates to atlantis' (not sure of exact title name); are most of the posts still against this?

i haven't read there in quite some time, but i'm curious if the flavor of this idea (sam on some atlantis) has gotten any more pro?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Well this is not new news but the revamped Stargate SG-1 site has a small bit on Amanda hosting the Gemini Awards on their news page.

However I do like how this reads:
      The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television singled out Tapping to be the only host of the evening, a credit to her professionalism, quick wit and beauty.

click here for full report
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
        Well this is not new news but the revamped Stargate SG-1 site has a small bit on Amanda hosting the Gemini Awards on their news page.

The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television singled out Tapping to be the only host of the evening, a credit to her professionalism, quick wit and beauty.

I like how that reads, too.

Comment

For those interested in the SG action figures the Replicator Carter action figure is know available for pre-order - the pre order on the other figures have started months before the figures ship - so I would not look for this to be available for several months. I have seen it the figure a couple of times at cons last summer. For more info including price go here

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/tsaxlady/RC.jpg
          EDIT: Before anyone asks yes the knife hand is on the wrong arm -

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/tsaxlady/AT.jpg
          I just checked my series 2 order and it is still sitting at preorder. Dude, Christmas is way too close and Sam is not gonna make it on time. I have Jack, Daniel, and Jaffa for my daughter, but I'm afraid she is gonna be opening a box with a picture of Sam, Teal'c, and Thor. She doesn't know she is getting the dolls, but she always wants to look at them on the web page. I asked if she wanted a Replicarter doll, but she said Replicarter scares her. Hmm, the Ori don't scare her much. The goual'd don't bother her too much. I'd say that is a testament to Amanda's amazing acting abilities. She does evil so well. Of course, she's also great at geeky, superhero, soldier....
          Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          for any sam fans that are still reading the 'tapping gates to atlantis' (not sure of exact title name); are most of the posts still against this?

i haven't read there in quite some time, but i'm curious if the flavor of this idea (sam on some atlantis) has gotten any more pro?

sally
          I'm afraid I haven't visited for awhile either. I go on the offensive when Sam is being slammed, so it is hard for me to hang out on threads that start getting too negative (about her any way). Maybe I should visit again, but I guess I'd better wait until morning. Night Samandans!

Comment

Thanx...like how they say that*and it's soo true*

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
            uhm i'm for and against it

For: Because i want to see Amanda as Sam more, and because i like SG. I also watch Atlantis, so if we don't have a SG-1 anymore, and she will be on Atlantis i will be happy

Against: Because i think, the cast of Atlantis is already very good, not that Amanda wouldn't make it better. But then you are really starting with a crossover while Atlantis is now on his own. Also there is that thing with McKay i think if they are around each other the whole time, that that dissappears and i wouldn't like that. It's funny now the way it is.
            And as last i think that Amanda could now start with other projects and leave SG behind her, so far she can...and with being on Atlantis doesn't help

Hmmm....if i look now, i think i'm more against it then before, but i'm still not sure which one i prefer
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              Hey all...long time no see. I don't know about you all (I've been Oooooober swamped with work, I'm sad to say)...but I'll bet many of you have some special plans for the holidays like spending time with friends and family and it's entirely possible that if I don't do this now, I won't be able to say "howdy" to some of you until you get back from your holiday travelling.

So here it is...five days early...my audio Christmas card to you all. I know, I must be nuts to put myself out there like this and set myself up for possible humiliation and criticism...but I hope that you all will simply listen to it and know that the sentiment behind my little attempt to entertain you with song is genuine. I wish nothing but the best for each and every one of you and look forward to spending more time with you in 2007 and beyond.

So...without further adieu...

I love your voice! It's so pretty. I had to listen to your singing more then a couple of times. And as others have mentioned, I love your cute little "hehe" at the end. I giggle everytime I hear it.

Comment

Wow...cool...how come I've never seen this before...not to worry it is still nice to read even if it is old news! Thanks tsax!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm sure glad it's quiet here lately...I'm slowly running out of time to get all the things I need to do, done by Sunday...I have to work all this weekend and it's soooooo bad there at the moment that my heads spinning...I don't think I've popped as many headache pills in the last few days as I have in my entire life...but...there is a light at the end of the tunnel...I got hubby in the kitchen perparing a salad for Saturday night and the pasta is cooking too...and now that the kids have finished school I have them doing a few things around the house...much to thier dismay!!
                  So I thought I'd quickly take some time out for myself and read some posts...coz the way things a re going, I won't be in much til Tuesday...and even then I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get in!
                  It was pretty hot today...37C but thankfully Christmas day is meant to be much cooler...so that's something to look forward to!
                  Anyhoo...I'm going to get ready to finish the chrissy cards so I just wanted to say....
                  MERRY CHRISTMAS SAMANDA!!
                  I hope you all have a wonderful christmas and a fabulously safe and happy new year!!
                  Take care everyone, be safe and be happy!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

That's a great quote, tsax. Really goes to show how much the (Canadian) industry does respect Amanda.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Fly-by post!

Just checked in briefly during a break this morning and found this. Darren's been busy today. Beware of (small and insignificant) spoilers. The big news is when the first and second movies will start shooting. Seems they'll spend about six weeks on the first one:

If you've already seen this, my apologies, but I believe it was just posted this morning.

Later!

Comment

yes, it is quite flattering towards her.

I do think, even putting aside being a Sam/Amanda fan, that she has a lot of friends and a very good reputation amongst 'the industry' in vancouver

such a rep will only help her in the future
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          yes, it is quite flattering towards her.

I do think, even putting aside being a Sam/Amanda fan, that she has a lot of friends and a very good reputation amongst 'the industry' in vancouver

such a rep will only help her in the future
                          I understand from folks in Vancouver that she's very giving of her time and very generous about taking part in extra curricular activities that benefit not only others but the industry in general, and she does almost all of it quietly without asking for anything in return. Her attitude towards those seeking her input, participation or advice on even the smallest of projects seems to continually be supportive and upbeat. That's given her really great word of mouth which constantly makes it back here even to Toronto, and I really have to admire that. Gal's got nothing but class. If only we could clone a few more Amanda Tappings in this industry.

Comment

Is anyone else having probelems sending greetings to Kamil? When I go to the web site it says the domain name is free...

Suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              Is anyone else having probelems sending greetings to Kamil? When I go to the web site it says the domain name is free...

Suse
                              http://amandatapping.com/

Works for me!

Comment

dunno, i mailed him a couple of days ago and never got a reply

course, i've sent in my greetings/notes before and when the site goes up mine isnt' there, so i don't worry about it much

not much i can do to change or fix it if it gets lost
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X