Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
    ((((Hugs to you from Everyone at AT2))))))

Now quite a tired crew!
    How is it going in London?? HAve you had your Q/A session yet? I'm sure you are havinga wonderful time.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      You know that is EVIL it is just cause you can't come up with one

ok well an easy one cause at 4am you can not think anymore...
      Who were Sam's fiance's (also give the names of them) (sp? Help Mandy...where are you lol)
      Ooops sorry Eve, wasn't here to help

but you are doing fine
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
        Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I popped in. Work has been taking up a lot of my time. The good news in that is I've really been enjoying the new job. I really do think it was the work I was born to do.

Not having Stargate on does sort of leave me with nothing to discuss.

I have mentioned before my "inner Sam Carter".

I'm going to be needing her.

I'm afraid I'm no longer in remission. Two of the tumors have started growing again-and frighteningly, the sarcoma might have spread to a lymph node. We're not sure about that one.

I'd been having more pain recently, but had put it off to being more active, and it really didn't start getting noticable till last weekend. I got the results of my recent CT on Wed. Now, of course, I notice the pain a lot.

I'm going to assume it was my mind hiding the pain from me. Because if my mind can do that, it can just darn well get to work getting rid of these tumors again. I start a clinical trial on Monday of a drug that has been very successful in kidney cancer-doubling the survival rate. So far with sarcomas it's been relatively successful in, at least, stunting the cancer growth. I could deal with that-since the pain isn't that bad. Good things about this study is that I can keep working, the side effects are minimal, and it's oral not IV. Plus, I was the last person to get on the study.

I'd appreciate any good thoughts or prayers you could send my way. And I'm going to try to show my face around here again, more often. You guys really helped me through the last time.

This is GABIT weekend, isn't it? I can't wait to hear all the stories! And hear how Amanda likes Mini's poster. Did we ever get to see a picture of the final masterpiece?
        (((Deejay))) I know how anxious you were waiting for the results, and I'm sorry that the cancer came back This new treatment sounds very hopeful and even better less side effects. My best wishes and prayers are with you, and please do keep us updated
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

My guess is everyone is having a great time at GABIT and we won't hear much until tomorrow.
          Managed to see Fair Game this week on the SciFi episodes. Every time I see Sam get her promotion to Major I get a silly grin on my face. You'd think after seeing it, what?--5 times? I wouldn't enjoy that moment so much. I think it's that proud smile of Sam's that gets me. And I love how happy the guys are for her. I think Teal'c even smiles a little.

Comment

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I popped in. Work has been taking up a lot of my time. The good news in that is I've really been enjoying the new job. I really do think it was the work I was born to do.

I'm afraid I'm no longer in remission. Two of the tumors have started growing again-and frighteningly, the sarcoma might have spread to a lymph node. We're not sure about that one.

I'd been having more pain recently, but had put it off to being more active, and it really didn't start getting noticable till last weekend. I got the results of my recent CT on Wed. Now, of course, I notice the pain a lot.

I'm going to assume it was my mind hiding the pain from me. Because if my mind can do that, it can just darn well get to work getting rid of these tumors again. I start a clinical trial on Monday of a drug that has been very successful in kidney cancer-doubling the survival rate. So far with sarcomas it's been relatively successful in, at least, stunting the cancer growth. I could deal with that-since the pain isn't that bad. Good things about this study is that I can keep working, the side effects are minimal, and it's oral not IV. Plus, I was the last person to get on the study.

I'd appreciate any good thoughts or prayers you could send my way. And I'm going to try to show my face around here again, more often. You guys really helped me through the last time.

This is GABIT weekend, isn't it? I can't wait to hear all the stories! And hear how Amanda likes Mini's poster. Did we ever get to see a picture of the final masterpiece?
            Oh that's bad, i hope that everything in the end will turn out good this is very bad You have to get better!

((((Deejay435))))
            sigpic

Comment

HELLO SAMANDA!!

Two Q & A's down and we're all off to the auction in a few minutes.

We're hoping to all get together for dinner tonight and hopefully we'll have
              time to write up some notes of the days events for everyone.

I thought I'd share a picture from last nights cocktail party to wet your appetites
              a little until we have more time to post.

Hope all is well,
              Kat

Comment

Ah, what a happy morning pic. Thanks, Kat!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  HELLO SAMANDA!!

I thought I'd share a picture from last nights cocktail party to wet your appetites

Hope all is well,
                  Kat
                  Talk about jacket envy

Thanks for the great pic Kat
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

oh yeah, you did!!!

Thanks for the great photo Kat. Can't wait to read some more lines! Have fun on the auction!

PS: I wish you all the best Deejay! I'm not the guy for praying, but I'll have you in my mind and heart anyway! Welcome to the thread Famantha and gratz to Repli on 250 posts! (my first milestone is da*n near)
                    Last edited by MickSpeed; 18 November 2006, 08:40 AM.

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

HELLO SAMANDA!!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...1/AT2/AT2a.jpg

Hope all is well,
                      Kat
                      Ohhhhhhhh *falls over*

Everyone: have fun!!! Amanda sure has!

PS: I know flowers were going to be present

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm sending prayers and super mega big hugs your way!!!!

I hope everything will end up okay and wish you all the luck and courage in the world to fight this. Be well soon and keep us updated!

(((((Dee)))))

Comment

HELLO SAMANDA!!

Hope all is well,
                          Kat

Thanks Kat!! You take the best pics!! I see her hair is growing out nicely!
                          Did she remember you?

Comment

MajorSam????? *Waves HI!!* Glad to see here

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                              MajorSam????? *Waves HI!!* Glad to see here
                              Also *waves hi* to MajorSam and to Poz

*while impatiently waiting word from our gals at Gabit*
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hi Mandy!!! What is it like 12 midnight there by now?

Comment

Working...
                                X