Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i agree with amanda. that's what drew me to stargate, the face that sam was simply a co-worker. she wasn't there to be rescued every week, or put there to loook pretty. she was there, in the thick of things, getting dirty, saving their tushes, getting hers saved...she was a friend and co-worker first and her real sex appeal was the simple fact that she's a good looking woman.

if the show really is headed the way it appears, then i can see amanda going to the writers and telling them to finish up sam's storyline and to write her out.

i know nothing about her life goals and other issues, but i would imagine that she doesn't necessarily need this job anymore. she is well liked and respected among the vancouver industry and should have no problem getting more work. not to mention having the ability to participate in the con circuit.

i would imagine also, and i am not trying to pry, that if she and alan wish to give olivia a little brother or sister, then next year would be the perfect time and she very well may wish to just leave and let the show head down the path it seems to be going

and, as much as i would miss her and Sam, i'd rather she quit while she still respects her job than stay for the sake of staying.
    If AT wants to leave, I'll have to respect her decision... but I'll be so... sad! AT is a tremendous bright spot for the show - she's made it so different -and special - from so many other scifi shows.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      ROTFLOL! Very nicely done, Über! What fun!
      And, since it looks like you are probably out of blue jello now, I figure that I'd better help you restock...

i've actually tried blue jello. i love it! i like the blue berry taste. (my fave otter pop is blue. okay, only americans will know what an otter pop is - a popsicle). anyhoo, a couple of years ago i saw some blue jello cartons at the grocery store, so i bought it and tried it. if our sam/amanda thinks it's good, then that's all there is to it.

olivia's one month and one day old!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Even though the giant jelly bean might freak her out a little, I still think we should have a Samanda Appreciation Day and invite AT to join us for Blue Jello and cake.

Think she'd be up for it MajorSam???
        if we accomplish this, it would be fitting to have it start off with astro's *wonderful* pictorials.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

<<<APPLAUSE>>>

ROTFLOL! That was such fun, TH! Any idea where I could find the (original) song online so that I can listen to it?

So many of you folks are so creative! I am so impressed - and glad that you are all posting on this thread so that I get to enjoy things like this.
          Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spidermantheme.mp3

Between this and the Oscar Mayer theme song I dug up the other day, not only am I the Royal Photographer, I apparently seem to be also one of the Royal Sound Editors as well...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I was a bit wary of Anise and am now wary of Vala, but i will definately give her a chance because i really liked Claudia Black in Prometheus Unbound.

Even though i fall into the young male demographic i would much prefer the skimpy outfits to be kept to a minimum, unless it serves a purpose to the story eg. undercover as a Harem Girl (dont laugh, the Goa'uld are a bit like that!)

The in your face T & A is one of the things i hate about Enterprise and Voyager, it just demeaned the characters of Seven of Nine and T'pol in my opinion.
            One of the reason i love Stargate so much is because it does not do that, and it's also why i love Sam Carter, she isn't like that. These types of characters (the strong female characters that don't always wear skimpy outfits) are few and far between. Carter, Fraiser and Jadzia Dax and Kira from DS9 are the types of Female Characters i love. (its funny SG1 is number 1 in my book, DS9 is number 2...go figure)

But i am definately giving TPTB a chance, SG1 is my all time favourite show and I honestly think it gets better each year (Season 8 is my favourite Season)

Well that's my view on it, bye!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Caption this.

sally
              Sam: Daniel & Vala battling it out in a ring of Jello?

Jack: Hey it was Teal'c's idea

Sam: Well I guess this is one way to get her to change outfits

Jack: Yeah

Sam: But did it really have to be the blue jello?
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

That's a good thing...because Royal Blue is the only kind of Jello I go for these days...

(actually, I've honestly never tried blue jello...does it taste good?)
                Oddly, my daughter won't eat anything but blue jello. I think she's a secret Sam-wanna-be. As for the blue jello... it's like a raspberry I think... I personally found it tasted better with a bit of vodka mixed in. Though I'm sure Sam doesn't eat hers like that...well at least not on base.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  I wonder what Amanda thinks about how she had to wear the sleeveless tee for some of season eight's episodes even though it is not regulation. Don't get me wrong --- she looked great and it did not detract from the show, but it was really to sex up the show (Teal'c too wore them). I have to say, though, after seeing Vala, the sexing up of Sam is quite tame! And boy, they could really "exploit" the natural beauty of AT, but fortunately they have not gone down that road with Sam Carter. Sam is quite attractive without having to sex her up.
                  I've read many fan posts ranting about the sexing up of the show with the sleeveless T's... but I didn't find them sexy...it was just bare arms... I also didn't think they looked comfortable - but I may be missing something here.

The show's writers and directors and such have done a wonderful job with Sam's attire. Mostly they let her wear the same clothes as the guys - she is one of the military. I also found her 'civvies' to be generally conservative and in good taste. I thought she looked great in Chimera - and I liked seeing her as a woman (without looking like a hooker or a scifi babe in a revealing alien costume). To be honest, over the scope of the show's 8 seasons, I think they have dressed Sam as a real woman would dress - both on duty in the military and when off duty (and I could be wrong, but I think AT had some influence in how Sam dressed when offduty, such as in Chimera).

Because they were *so* good about how honestly they attired Sam Carter, I would have been ok with a scene where she's in a swimsuit at the beach in San Diego with her brother's family... or some such. Just a few minutes of a scene of her life outside the SGC, but where she's in something that we don't normally see her in.

Now... I have to qualify this with - I am picturing a fairly simple swimsuit -and I am not picturing a Hollywood bombshell bikini or some such.

Because I see Sam/AT as someone who comes across 'real'... I don't think AT would strut or prance around like a model... I can see her as one of my relatives or friends even in a swimsuit.

I think that my posts over the past few months show that I am an ardent Sam Carter fan (ChopinGal is rolling her eyes and chuckling while muttering 'understatement' )... and I tend to be fairly protective of what I see as a fantastic female lead on a scifi show... so I guess I'd say that, right now, I'm comfortable with whatever attire AT is comfortable wearing - if she wants to wear a swimsuit - fine... if she wants to wear a sexy dress (as in Chimera) - that's fine too... so far, it's all looked like stuff we could all buy at a regular store if we wanted to...(we wouldn't have to go to a Hollywood studio and find the scifi-women's-sexy-apparel section).

If they were ever to change the show so that AT was wearing Vala-type clothes (as we can see in the Avalon photo)... or a catsuit like 7 of 9's in Star Trek... then my opinion would change radically.

But for now, I think Sam's attire has been wonderfully 'real'.

(I know that there is some dispute over whether or not the Air Force would actually let them wear the sleeveless T's... but isn't that what they have military advisors for? They made AT cut her hair way back in Season 3 or 4 or so, so surely they wouldn't let the sleeveless T's continue if they didn't think it was reasonable on some level?)
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 23 April 2005, 10:44 PM.

Comment

I've read many fan posts ranting about the sexing up of the show with the sleeveless T's... but I didn't find them sexy... I also didn't think they looked comfortable - but I may be missing something here.

The show's writers and directors and such have done a wonderful job with Sam's attire. Mostly they let her wear the same clothes as the guys - she is one of the military. I also found her 'civvies' to be generally conservative and in good taste. I thought she looked great in Chimera - and I liked seeing her as a woman (without looking like a hooker or a scifi babe in a revealing alien costume). To be honest, over the scope of the show's 8 seasons, I think they have dressed Sam as a real woman would dress - both on duty in the military and when off duty (and I could be wrong, but I think AT had some influence in how Sam dressed when offduty, such as in Chimera).

Because they were *so* good about how honestly they attired Sam Carter, I would have been ok with a scene where she's in a swimsuit at the beach in San Diego with her brother's family... or some such. Just a few minutes of a scene of her life outside the SGC, but where she's in something that we don't normally see her in.

Now... I have to qualify this with - I am picturing a fairly simple swimsuit -and I am not picturing a Hollywood bombshell bikini or some such.

Because I see Sam/AT as someone who comes across 'real'... I don't think AT would strut or prance around like a model... I can see her as one of my relatives or friends even in a swimsuit.

I think that my posts over the past few months show that I am an ardent Sam Carter fan (ChopinGal is rolling her eyes and chuckling while muttering 'understatement' )... and I tend to be fairly protective of what I see as a fantastic female lead on a scifi show... so I guess I'd say that, right now, I'm comfortable with whatever attire AT is comfortable wearing - if she wants to wear a swimsuit - fine... if she wants to wear a sexy dress (as in Chimera) - that's fine too... so far, it's all looked like stuff we could all buy at a regular store if we wanted to...(we wouldn't have to go to a Hollywood studio and find the scifi-women's-sexy-apparel section).

If they were ever to change the show so that AT was wearing Vala-type clothes (as we can see in the Avalon photo)... or a catsuit like 7 of 9's in Star Trek... then my opinion would change radically.

But for now, I think Sam's attire has been wonderfully 'real'.

(I know that there is some dispute over whether or not the Air Force would actually let them wear the sleeveless T's... but isn't that what they have military advisors for? They made AT cut her hair way back in Season 3 or 4 or so, so surely they wouldn't let the sleeveless T's continue if they didn't think it was reasonable on some level?)
                    The dress that AT was wearing in Chimera was one that she had recently wore to awards show.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      The dress that AT was wearing in Chimera was one that she had recently wore to awards show.

I have a newspaper clipping from a local paper that my friend gave to me about 2 years ago, because it was of Amanda. She's wearing the dress from Chimera... when I saw Chimera, I was like "wow, dude, isn't that her OWN dress?? Cool!"
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        Here's the commentary by Martin Wood and Amanda during the scenes at Felger's house. At the end, what AT is laughing about is the scene when Felger does a spit take, and apparently wanted to do it more than once.

Click here for first audio clip.

Click here for second clip.

NC
                        Way, way too much fun! Thanks so much for posting both the pics and the audio clips for that commentary, NC!

Comment

Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spidermantheme.mp3

Between this and the Oscar Mayer theme song I dug up the other day, not only am I the Royal Photographer, I apparently seem to be also one of the Royal Sound Editors as well...

Thanks UBer! That was perfect - and I went back and reread Tokra's post - with the Spiderman tune playing - so much fun! Thanks to both you and TH!

More blue jello? Or would your rather have a piece of deepspace's birthday cake? There's still some left, and I've kept it in the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Sam: Daniel & Vala battling it out in a ring of Jello?
                            Jack: Hey it was Teal'c's idea
                            Sam: Well I guess this is one way to get her to change outfits
                            Jack: Yeah
                            Sam: But did it really have to be the blue jello?
                            LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Oddly, my daughter won't eat anything but blue jello. I think she's a secret Sam-wanna-be.
                              Your daughter is one smart little cookie!
                              Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              As for the blue jello... it's like a raspberry I think... I personally found it tasted better with a bit of vodka mixed in.
                              Kat... you've been into both the Royal Liquor Cabinet *and* the special stock of Royal Blue Jello! Hmmm... Agent Dark will probaly be speaking with you shortly... Of course, it's not like you don't deserve it for all of your wonderful pics and posts

Comment

Thanks UBer! That was perfect - and I went back and reread Tokra's post - with the Spiderman tune playing - so much fun! Thanks to both you and TH!

More blue jello? Or would your rather have a piece of deepspace's birthday cake? There's still some left, and I've kept it in the fridge
                                Okay you all will either be happy with me or find me really annoying...

But the artist in me just couldn't stand seeing that poor anemic jelly bean any longer and had to photoshop it up a bit...

Also, the blue jello, I got rid of the hand and upped the saturation and contrast of the blue...

So...you're either going to want to sling things at me or say thank you (I'm pulling for the second option personally)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X