Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    I understand this pov, and this is indeed what any dabbling in the romance genre within a scifi show should bring to the whole. My main problem with the Sam/Jack ship on screen is that it is conceived and written by writers who are no good at it. Romance is not their forte, to put it bluntly.
    - but the upshot is that the characters of Jack and Sam (initially Jack, later more so Sam) suffer from poor handling of that aspect of the story-telling.
    Funny, we are on totally different sides of the ship issue and I still have to agree with your post to a large extent (part in bold). Of course, my solution would be to get a few new writers, but....

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    Two Sam fic recs, both by LJ

Mirror is a post Gemini tag with Sam and some fallout of the RepliCarter incident.

Once upon a time in Egypt is a brilliant fic that 'explains how Sam's death in Egypt of 3000 B.C. and the failed rebellion caused sufficient ripples throughout the centuries to keep Sam out of the Air Force' (I just copied that from the rec post that I read ).
    Wow, I loved Once upon a time in Egypt! Excellent recomendation!
    Happy Birthday LaCroix and Samandans going to AT2 have a blast!

Now, Ooober's question was a great one! I'd love to see the Jolinar storyline revisited, or anything Tok'ra involving Sam. I'd also like to see Sam kick some Lucian butt and maybe blow up one of their ships. Hey, she could blow up another sun for that matter! On the personal note, I want to know that Jack is her guy and she's happy. (Note: He's her guy, not the other way around.) That is my deepest wish for her personal life. Anything else would just be the icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

Sorry it's coming so late in the day, but every time I tried to "deliver" it earlier, the forum was down.

NC
      the 'net at my school has been all funky the past few days, and with the forum being down...aargh.

I'm pretty sure I'm late..but happy birthday LaCroix!! Hope you had a great day!

Can't wait to hear more from the people at AT2/Avalon!

----
      I'll have to come back later with my answer to Ooober's question with what we would like to see with Sam's character in the morning...It's 2am and I have class early tomorrow, so I should try to sleep.

Good night, Samanda!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
      My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
      My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
      My Stargate Videos
      It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
        Again, I thank all who have wished me a Happy Birthday.
        Happy birthday LaCroix...hope you had a wonderful day!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Good night Samandans...take care and be safe...and be happy!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey guys!!!!

Just checking in from the loverly hotel lobby of the RH in sunny(ahem*not*)Hounslow... I'm sittin here with ForeverSG1, Ambermoon and Shimmeringstar and thought we'd pop in to say hiya! Across the hall from us there's a huge vertical banner with Amanda's photo on it (complete with cute puppy!) while they set up for the Cocktail party this evening. We're SOOO stoked. Apparently, Amanda and her fam landed safely in London last night and all is (purportedly) on schedule! The G4 are so organized and so on top of things, I'm really amazed and the event hasn't even started yet. Some of us sat down and had drinks last night (I arrived late since my flight only got in around 10pm) but there was quite a GW crowd. Amazing how cool it is (for me - being a con virgin) to meet so many of us in the flesh (so to speak). I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Great times had and even better times to come. We'll keep checking in as the weekend unfolds.

[photo to be inserted here in a few minutes]

Forever wants to say: Yo.

Ambermoon wants to say: HELLO!

Shimmeringstar wants to say: HULLO (note the U). G'day.

mini wants to say: BIG NEWS. Huge. Back later with more.....

mini(the super excited squeeeing)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

big news? :O

Comment

Big news!?! You can't leave us like that!
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  That being said...I have a question for you all.

The whole ship thing aside (as in, don't bring up your desire for ship resolution one way or the other for this one question), what aspect of Sam's character and or backstory would you like to see addressed again and how?
                  My wishlist:

The Tok'ra - I think it would be interesting to revisit with Jolinar and the Tok'ra; see how Sam deals with this aspect of her personality that she has really accepted now; the differences between how uncomfortable she was and comfortable she could be now would be an interesting character study. They had the opportunity to do this in Ripple Effect which was missed.

The death of Jacob - I would love to have a storyline where Sam's grief and how it affected her was focused on even if it was in flashback.

How she really feels about being back on SG1 and why she came back to the SGC; why she's made the choices she has - the backstory of why she chose to leave and come back is non-existent really. It would be good to do this even in flashback.

RepliCarter - She died too soon. Bringing her back and allowing Sam to have an up close opportunity to find redemption and vindication would be good.

BlowingupaSun!Sam - I guess I'd like Sam to get that kind of moment again where she suggests doing something completely outlandish technically/scientifically in order to save the world and it works!

I personally was happy with how Heroes dealt with Sam and her grief over Janet - althought admittedly I would also have preferred to have had Sam interact more in RE with her - and I'm not fussed about revisiting Cassie. I kind of accept that its a relationship she has but which I don't need to know about it but then I didn't really enjoy Rite of Passage. However, it would be nice if the relationship was mentioned even in passing now and again, like Sam's brother, other than being used as the poorest excuse in the world for Sam leaving the SGC.
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

mini, you big tease! Details, please!!!

Seriously, I'm glad that you're having such a good time and the con hasn't even started.

Remember, you're representing Samanda, so enjoy, but don't do anything we wouldn't do. Wait, with this bunch, that wouldn't leave anything out, would it? Ok, so enjoy, but act responsibly. No, that won't work either, will it? We want you to leave reality for a while and kick back, since we're living vicariously by you all. Oh, to hell with it. Just have a really good time and send lots of pictures and DETAILS!!!!!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                      mini, you big tease! Details, please!!!

Seriously, I'm glad that you're having such a good time and the con hasn't even started.

Remember, you're representing Samanda, so enjoy, but don't do anything we wouldn't do. Wait, with this bunch, that wouldn't leave anything out, would it? Ok, so enjoy, but act responsibly. No, that won't work either, will it? We want you to leave reality for a while and kick back, since we're living vicariously by you all. Oh, to hell with it. Just have a really good time and send lots of pictures and DETAILS!!!!!

NC
                      LOL, what tame? this wild bunch

Glad you gals are having such a wonderful time, but don't keep us waiting too long for the news
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey, come back, WHAT BIG NEWS?!
                        Nice to hear from you and thanks for posting and a "big HELLO" back at you
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                          Hey guys!!!!

Just checking in from the loverly hotel lobby of the RH in sunny(ahem*not*)Hounslow... I'm sittin here with ForeverSG1, Ambermoon and Shimmeringstar and thought we'd pop in to say hiya! Across the hall from us there's a huge vertical banner with Amanda's photo on it (complete with cute puppy!) while they set up for the Cocktail party this evening. We're SOOO stoked. Apparently, Amanda and her fam landed safely in London last night and all is (purportedly) on schedule! The G4 are so organized and so on top of things, I'm really amazed and the event hasn't even started yet. Some of us sat down and had drinks last night (I arrived late since my flight only got in around 10pm) but there was quite a GW crowd. Amazing how cool it is (for me - being a con virgin) to meet so many of us in the flesh (so to speak). I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Great times had and even better times to come. We'll keep checking in as the weekend unfolds.

[photo to be inserted here in a few minutes]

Forever wants to say: Yo.

Ambermoon wants to say: HELLO!

Shimmeringstar wants to say: HULLO (note the U). G'day.

mini wants to say: BIG NEWS. Huge. Back later with more.....

mini(the super excited squeeeing)geek
                          Hi! I'm glad to hear everyone is arriving safely and getting a chance to meet! I have never been to a con myself so I just have to live vicariously through all of you. Soooooo you were saying something about News?!?!

I have been to London once and I remember a beautiful city with yes Shimmeringstar long long days of walking! Have fun, I look forward to pictures and ahem... NEWS.

Comment

Big News. Gives us a hint, please.

Comment

hey, i'm HERE and i don't know what the big news is
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                hey, i'm HERE and i don't know what the big news is
                                Well big is relative, right? So big for one person might simply be of adequate interest to another.

Yeah...that's what I'll keep saying to myself as I slowly go NUTS!!!!!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X