Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
    The newest official magazine has a nice long interview with Amanda, and she’s one of the two centerfold posters. In the interview she mentions how nice it is to have another woman on the set, Claudia, and how the two of them are trying to put little moments into the scenes.

My favorite part –

On a more personal note, Tapping has another female in her life – her daughter Olivia. Balancing motherhood and her Stargate SG-1 responsibilities, she acknowledges, takes work. “I bring her with me to work every day and I say that sounding like a hypocrite, because she’s not with me today, because I was supposed to have a shorter day today,” Tapping says. “And I didn’t have her yesterday because I did an episode where I was wounded and covered in blood, and I just didn’t want her to see that and not understand. But for the first year and up until this week, Olivia’s been with me every day. It’s been a great blessing because up until last week I was still breastfeeding her. So it was important that she was with me. The juggling is the not enough sleep and the trying to find time to do my homework. I used to come into my trailer to do my homework, and now I come into my trailer and there’s this terrific little face that wants to play, read and cuddle. So I don’t get my homework done at work anymore, and consequently I have a lot of middle-of-the-night script-reading sessions. It’s learning to live on complete sleep deprivation; that’s what I’ve learned about being a mom and working a 15-hour-a- day job. It is a juggling act, but I’m blessed that I’m able to bring her to work with me."

She goes on to say that Olivia is now getting to the age where she doesn’t think it’s a good idea to bring her to work every day. The interview must have been done before the cancellation announcement, because she talks about being contractually obligated to next season for 20 full episodes and how that will make it more difficult with Olivia, because she wants to spend more time with her.

Links to pictures of the interview, and the centerfold

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...age1oct_06.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...age2oct_06.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...age3oct_06.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...age4oct_06.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...foldoct_06.jpg

NC
    Thank you so much for writing and scanning everything!
    What a nice interview and great to here something from litte Olivia again. Hope they've got a great time!

Mick

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      Vote #1 Amanda for Cylon God
      now THAT would rock!!!!
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        That works. I don't see how a film could be done by late 2007 (October/November is when they like to release DVDs, right?) if they don't start filming around that time or before.

But what could she have been filming this month that she wouldn't be able to TALK about until February?

BTW, "Indian Jones meets the Ori" sounds... horrendous.
        they could get it done in a few months ,depending on the effects.

a movie is realy just two episodes smashed together.

thus, handled right, they could do the taping in a couple of weeks or so, then the effects and editing

we're not talking a hollywood movie with 6 weeks of filming, we're talking abuot folks that know how to do a lot of work in a short amount of time

handled properly, and presuming the script is written, etc, and depending on the effects, i see no reason why they can't crank out 2 movies next year.

it's really only 4 episodes

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          But what could she have been filming this month that she wouldn't be able to TALK about until February?
          If I had my way, she'd be cast in James Cameron's hush-hush new baby, "Avatar" (Project 880) has location paperwork to suggest it may very well be shooting even now (at least partially) in Vancouver. We're getting to do some of the CG on that via a contract from a shop called Weta Digital (a NZ shop - I,Robot, King Kong - you get the picture? Very cool shop), and most of the pre-prod I've seen is also super-cool groundbreaking stuff. Should be wild. I hear they've got some prototype 3D camera rigs involved and the whole film won't take more than two months to shoot because the rest will be contracted for post. So that's my pipe-hope - to see Amanda in this one! Problem is, there's no way it'd be out this upcoming year. Too much post work, so I don't know how that would fit in with anyone talking about it in February, then again you never know how their PR is going to work.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            If I had my way, she'd be cast in James Cameron's hush-hush new baby, "Avatar" (Project 880) has location paperwork to suggest it may very well be shooting even now (at least partially) in Vancouver. We're getting to do some of the CG on that via a contract from a shop called Weta Digital (a NZ shop - I,Robot, King Kong - you get the picture? Very cool shop), and most of the pre-prod I've seen is also super-cool groundbreaking stuff. Should be wild. I hear they've got some prototype 3D camera rigs involved and the whole film won't take more than two months to shoot because the rest will be contracted for post. So that's my pipe-hope - to see Amanda in this one! Problem is, there's no way it'd be out this upcoming year. Too much post work, so I don't know how that would fit in with anyone talking about it in February, then again you never know how their PR is going to work.

mg
            Won't happen. AT in a James Cameron project. I would die. And I'm too young to die. See? Won't happen....

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              Won't happen. AT in a James Cameron project. I would die. And I'm too young to die. See? Won't happen....
              I said it was my pipe dream.

-

Comment

Well, it's been nice having you around Jennifer
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                  Personally, I'm just glad she is still willing to do science fiction. I was afraid she would be burned out on that genre, and she technobabbles so beautifully! I do hope she does several different types of movies before doing another series. I desperately want to see her do a comedy, maybe even a romantic comedy if the female lead is a strong character. I think Amanda would make a great Tomb Raider type character. She could do all those cool stunts easily after all the stunts she's done in SG. I wouldn't mind seeing her appear as a guest on BSG, but not a regular please. Now, Eureka might be a fun place for her to land for awhile. Maybe she could do a recurring role there and a recurring role on Atlantis while making movies. That would be great, because we'd see a lot of Amanda!
                  I have to agree... I love her in SciFi things...And I think it is good that she still wants to do that...but I hope they don't only cast her on scifi things cause they know she can do that...cause she can do so much more...I mean I don't want her be the person who only did scifi because she played Samantha Carter on SG.
                  And off course I would love her in other scifi shows I watch...cause well that makes Scifi much more interestign with Amanda

But I also want her to do other things...So people who don't know her, and who don't watch scifi, yes there are some out there lol, get to know her...cause she really is amazing and moer people get to know her the better...cause she deserves all the admiration, cause she is an awsome actrice...

I know when she does somehting else I will watch, even if it is not my genre of things, even if it is General hospital I would watch it...Cause I know with Amanda in it, it would be great...Just to see her act makes me wanna wath it.

I love to see her in some drama or comedie...or maybe even a warmovie...

If I could choose one thing I want her in than it is in a costume drama...I think that would be neat to see...don't know if she would like it that much though But to see her in dresses of the 1900...yes that sounds like fun

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Well, it's been nice having you around Jennifer

Hey Jenn...you want us to invite Amanda on your funeral

Comment

mg
                    weta, those are the folks that did most of the LOTR stuff

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      weta, those are the folks that did most of the LOTR stuff

Comment

mg
                        Weird I was just thinking the same thing last night!

I wouldn't mind seeing her in the new Wolverine movie with Hugh Jackman either. Or even better the upcoming Indiana Jones 4 movie. From all the rumors I've read, it's suppose to start filming in early 2007. A movie with Harrison Ford, Sean Connery and Amanda? Oh yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                          Weird I was just thinking the same thing last night!

I wouldn't mind seeing her in the new Wolverine movie with Hugh Jackman either. Or even better the upcoming Indiana Jones 4 movie. From all the rumors I've read, it's suppose to start filming in early 2007. A movie with Harrison Ford, Sean Connery and Amanda? Oh yeah!
                          Yeah any of those would rock. As long as she's not in AVP2... I'll be happy.

Comment

Yeah any of those would rock. As long as she's not in AVP2... I'll be happy.

Yeah no AVP2. I'm really not into movies like that. It would be very hard for me to enjoy the movie even if she was in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                              Yeah no AVP2. I'm really not into movies like that. It would be very hard for me to enjoy the movie even if she was in it.
                              It must be that I'm tired, because I don't know what movie you are talking about
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                It must be that I'm tired, because I don't know what movie you are talking about
                                Alien vs. Predator 2.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X