a quaint little seashore town
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Heh. This reminds me of Sir Norman Fry from Little Britain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFChf12kmi8

ROFL
        y'know, i didn't even think of that until now, but i recently saw little britain live, and i think i've inadvertently ripped it off!

Comment

THANK YOU, lida!!

(goes to save post)

sally

Originally posted by Lida
          I'm very tired right now, but I felt I had to write this. I was on location with AT last week. We were shooting in Central Park, in Burnaby, and Amanda was in her off world black uniform, looking absoluting gorgeous. Now this is what I found to be important...of the 6 main characters also there on location, AT was the most gracious, warm and welcoming. She came right up to my husband, remembered his name and gave him a hug. When she saw me, I got the same hug. She joked with us and thanked us for our contribution. In short, if Sam is a great character, it is because Amanda is a great lady. If I admired her prior to this meeting, my new admiration knows no bounds.

During the shoot, someone got the idea to dress me up as a medic, and I finally got to wear the off world uniform. I was in seventh heaven, and of course AT commented on my "new" look, poitive, of course. I doubt my on screen moment was captured, but it was such a hoot, as it was my first costume, make-up and hairstyling of the day. I was sitting in AT's chair, in the make up trailer and Jan Newman, the original make up artist did my make up. Plastered all over the mirror were pictures of Olivia. She truly looks like an angel. She has the most beautiful blonde hair and Amanda's blue eyes, and from someone I met while there, a friend of AT's and RDA's, she is an 18 month old toddler, who already knows her ABC's and is learning to count.

The shoot ran hours over-time, and yet right before she left, I gave Amanda a sterling silver Guardian Angel necklace for Olivia, and she was truly moved. She hugged and thanked me, and when I told her I would be seeing her again in London, she laughed and said she would look forward to it. I understand that celebrities are used to dealing with "fans", but I never once felt that AT was anything but genuine.

Just my take, on a wonderful lady.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Does Jack's helping Daniel have anything to do with how he learned how to juggle in WoO
              well i certainly don't have any ideas about what you might be referring to (me grammar bad?).

seriously though, i'm not sure how jack learning to juggle THREE pingpong balls has anything to do with how jack was helping him. unless you're implying something a little ODD shall we say about daniel.

uuummm, aaanywaaayyy......

*desperately tries to come up with something sam related and completely innocent to talk about*

what do you guys think goes on on those lonely off world trips with sam and the guys?

*thinks; there. that oughta do it*

Comment

sam: 'oh my god... '

jonas: 'who are they?'

sam: '.... now we know where those missing stargate fans went. '

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

jonas: so this is where all those advisors the air force sent us went.
                  sam: yeah, but why are they tied up and gagged?

Comment

here's a series of sam whump stories by rowan darkstar. mention of torture and rape, and for those sam/jack fans out there, the first chapter (daniel's side) has daniel/sam. {there's soft s/j, though}

these stories are very well written. the third installment haunted me.

link: http://www.beautyinshadows.net/sgmain.html

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                      Well, sure, RepliCartertje can figure it out; she does music vids and stuff.
                      But I, OTOH, can barely navigate in this forum, let alone in LJ. I joined and posted to the WOSG ficathon, but I don't think my post went to the intended place.
                      The posts are screened, so no one knows what anyone else is asking for. So it's there, probably. If you want to give me your LJ name I can check.

I have NO Idea why Sky's post showed up. Other than possibly she's a maintainer/Mod on the Com.

Okay, Sky already answered this, but I have it all typed out and everything...and I can still check if you give me your LJ name.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        here's a series of sam whump stories by rowan darkstar. mention of torture and rape, and for those sam/jack fans out there, the first chapter (daniel's side) has daniel/sam. {there's soft s/j, though}

sally
                        Thanks, I'll bookmark those for morning.

Nolamom, thanks for the pic. I couldn't green you.

I loved reading Lida's story, and I'm willing to bet others in Samanda have gotten to meet Amanda. I'm still a newbie (don't let the post count fool you) and I would love to hear Amanda stories. The only convention I've been to was Secaucus last year, and it was CJ and MS. (My kids loved seeing these guys.) I want to hear about Amanda.

Comment

"Whoa. Did you guys know Jack had a fully kitted dungeon at the back of his cabin?"
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                            Are they finished? There's no Sam's POV?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              jonas; i thought you said daniel ascended to a higher plane of existence?
                              sam; yeah well apparently we were wrong.
                              teal'c; major carter. what is this device?
                              sam; uummmm, its.... a "swing".
                              teal'c; why is daniel jackson without his clothing?
                              sam; .....
                              jonas; and what's colonel o'neill doing?
                              (sorry)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
                              Awesome....totally wicked...brilliant caption barbie....ROFLMAO!!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well it certainly is quiet here tonight...Night all...have a great day...keep on smilin!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X