yay! (for the goal)

but if she's in the rest, you'll say?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Man,

Spoiler:
      this whole "breaking up the Atlantis band" thing is kinda depressing.

Comment

well, 9:37 and we're samless
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

eep, 941 and jack is in danger!

sigpic

Comment

Well interesting cliffhanger if they dont go and resolve some of this in the next 15.
            Spoiler:
            Who wouldnt come back for the second half to see if Jack makes it?
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

the return
              Spoiler:

one inconsistency, how could cam zat down a beam and hten carson doesn't get zatted?

SILER!!! dude, poor guy

and...hey, they ripped off 'serpents grasp', just using a puddle jumper....and they gotta go rescue jack

well sally, 951 and no sam

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

well sally, 951 and no sam
                thanks, sky.

still hopes for the last few minutes

oh, and is there any chance that jack just happens to be... you know... unclothed during the ep? it's not like i want to see him naked, BUT IS HE???

drools

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

sorry, although you get both dress blues and bdu's

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    thanks, sky.

still hopes for the last few minutes

oh, and is there any chance that jack just happens to be... you know... unclothed during the ep? it's not like i want to see him naked, BUT IS HE???

drools

sally
                    Yes. He and Woolsey both got naked.

Comment

Hi all - hope everyone is doing well.

I broke down while at a friends house and watched this ep tonight (under duress I might add) and while I have not read anything about others views on the ep all I can say is hooboy am I glad I have not wasted any more time watching this show. As a mid-season finale this had to be the worst oneode I have seen in 10 years. (I could care less if I see the next part.) I thought at one point I was going to fall alseep - yeah they were together but if THIS is what TPTKTS have to offer with the team together than I say it is well and truly dead now. They were right years ago when they said they didn't keep Jonas because 5 is too many for a team - this proves, to me, that with 5 there is just nothing to make any of them stand out, this was just outright, plain and simply boring - bored the life right out of me and I said so out loud at the point when they were all in a line dazzling me with their prudence. Sure it was cool that Carter was in the lead and figuring this out but that is not nearly enough to redeem this show. The ending was ludicrous, IMO. That flying thing reminded me of the dragon in Shrek except the Dragon in Shrek was sacrier until she fell in love with Donkey (maybe this one falls in love with Daniel, or mitchy, and then we have a whole new kind of "ship" to explore which I am sure TPTKTS would just lurve since it would be sooo much fuun).

Note to cooper and the rest of his band of merry men: "you have GOT to be kidding me!!" Worst excuse for a cliff-hanger mid-season finale EVA!!! Geez there is really just nothing else for me to say. Sorry to be negative and a downer but, as many of you know it has been this way for me for going on 2-3 seasons now and nothing has happened to change my percpetion of this show. See ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        sorry, although you get both dress blues and bdu's
                        *i* get them? and wouldn't that mean that jack would be NAKED then??? does that drooling thing again

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/oompahloompahtapdancing/valasmall.jpg

its small, and i just nicked it from some randomers myspace page, and i'm not sure if its close to what you're looking for, but i'll keep looking.
                          I downloaded the one RepliCartertje posted, but this is actually closer to the other three-no wind blowing through her hair. If anyone has a bigger picture, it would be great, thanks!

Comment

The Quest:

Spoiler:
                            • Hee! Sam's delivery of "Uh...there's a map?"
                            • How did Ba'al find the planet before they did? Did he have the planets name from Atlantis?
                            • This episode is SO much better than The Fourth Horseman 1
                            • Man....SG1 needs some quieter guns. Seriously, they reaaaaaly shouldn't have stopped carrying their zats.
                            • Lots of good Sam and Vala interaction in this episode. From their argument about the idea of stealing the map, to Vala's little pat on the back when Sam got them through the time distortion field down to the looks between them. It really played out to me that they have been becoming friends. Great bits of acting and directing that added to the story that weren't necessarily scripted. Very well done.
                            • "I have not seen you shoot anyone." "That's an excellent point." Hee.
                            • I hate book burners. Stupid Ori.
                            • The scene in the time distortion field reminds me of a very old Dr. Who episode. I think it might have been either the fourth or fifth doctor, when the Master tells the doctor a floor maze is as easy as "pie". I was so hoping Sam would have to use the value of pi to solve the maze. Man, that was a great Dr. Who episode.
                            • Science Sam solving the puzzle was delightful.
                            • I'm glad they didn't kill Ba'al, I think killing someone on the journey would negate the entire "Five virtues" needed to get through the quest.
                            • I think the scene with the treasure chest would have been better if they'd each have to have given something of value to them. Not just a ball point pen, like Daniel gave. (That way, Sally, Sam could have given her wedding ring and made you very, very happy.)
                            • And me too.
                            • Good thing Daniel reads the book of Ori.
                            • Raise your hands everyone who DIDN'T know old library guy was actually Adria?
                            • Just me?
                            • Upon second watching, I realize I SO should have seen the old guy as, at least, a pawn of the Ori, if not Adria. Bad me.
                            • Hmmmm. Is Adria admitting that SHE can't get the San Graal because she's not virtuous of spirt something they can exploit later? I think Adria's insecurites are going to become important in defeating the Ori. They can use this to add to them: How can the Ori she represents really be the pure good she claims them to be, if she can't be true enough of spirit to claim the prize?
                            • Good on Daniel for realizing that she 1) has no powers (I figured that bit out, at least) and 2) she can't take the gem.
                            • "Get a room..." HA! LOL.
                            • The ancients had key rings?
                            • I'd hoped the dragon would be prettier.
                            • I could have lived without the "For crying out loud" from Mitchell.
                            • Yup-way better than TFH. Way.
                            • I think my recent obsession with Into the Woods heightened my enjoyment of this episode. But I did enjoy it.

Comment

midway thru The Quest

Spoiler:
                              Okay, I'll forego the Xena quips for the moment and just say: I figured out the virtues thing as soon as they started walking that line. I was very proud of myself.

Okay, just a little snark: How obvious were the actors marks in that mimefield!

And now back to our story....

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Spoiler:

It was totally worth it to see SG-1 + Ba'al + Adria, because they all gelled. And the writers/director PROVIDED that opportunity for gelling. It was cool.

Spoiler:
                                Yeah, what an interesting team! I loved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X