No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so's mine. i'm just going by, even if i take my glasses off, i still reach up to straighten them

I would think that years of habits would not change easily
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      spoilers for s10's 'MM'
      Spoiler:
      and why was it when vala couldn't remember who she was, she acted more human than teal'c, who's been on earth for 10 years?

sally

Very good point Sally.....also, why was she able to
      Spoiler:
      remember her name? She was calling herself Vala, and was unable to answer, at first, when asked if it was short for Valorie.

Ignore me tonight, I'm in a really weird mood....I think my brain is water logged. Too much rain.....and I'm sure Vancouver will provide me with more.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        spoilers for s10's 'MM'
        Spoiler:
        and why was it when vala couldn't remember who she was, she acted more human than teal'c, who's been on earth for 10 years?

sally
        because the writers wanted it that way???

we all know that research is NOT thier strong point

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Very good point Sally.....also, why was she able to
          Spoiler:
          remember her name? She was calling herself Vala, and was unable to answer, at first, when asked if it was short for Valorie.

Ignore me tonight, I'm in a really weird mood....I think my brain is water logged. Too much rain.....and I'm sure Vancouver will provide me with more.
          I thought she called herself
          Spoiler:
          Val. I also thought maybe when the machine fried her brain she'd think she was Quetesh, since they were accessing those memories at the time.

And as for amnesia type stories, if you haven't already, check out Strix's excellent The Knife's Edge of Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Well if it's rain you're looking for you're headed to the right place Just ask David Duchovney (sp?)
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i would think, let's say that it's a military issue, something traumatic on teh job and she lost her memory, she'd find herself doing military things without realzing it

like reaching for a hat when she walks in/out of buildings, saying sir, keeping things neat, little engrained behaviors
              Anyone know of a good fic where Sam gets amnesia with link? Strangely, I've actually never come across one before.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                I thought she called herself
                Spoiler:
                Val. I also thought maybe when the machine fried her brain she'd think she was Quetesh, since they were accessing those memories at the time.

And as for amnesia type stories, if you haven't already, check out Strix's excellent The Knife's Edge of Madness.
                Doh, I completely forgot about Strix's story.

*hides her head in shame*

I can't believe I forgot that one!

Comment

strix's is the only one i can think of off the top of my head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Anyone know of a good fic where Sam gets amnesia with link? Strangely, I've actually never come across one before.
                    I actually thought of the fic that's a tag/addition to "Desperate Measures" when the spoilers for Memento Mori came out, but I don't have the link.

Sky? Anyone? That was a REALLY good story.

ETA: Is that it? Strix's "The Knife's Edge of Madness"? I remember reading Strix's fic, but I can't remember if they're one and the same. *also holds head in shame*

Comment

Darn, I can't remember any fics (except Strix's) about amnesia...my memory must be going
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                        Ok this is getting scary...Samanda on pg 2... I mean what happened here? where is everyone?

And no this is not a bump for a bump how about a little question?? I mean to get the ball roling...

If Sam had amnesia (sp?) and regained her memory what do you think she remembers the first and why?
                        Oh, fun game! I think she'd remember the event horizon first. She would be running water for her bath, and she would put her hand into the water. She'd hear her own voice saying her line from CotG "you can see the ripples off the event horizon" (or something like that). She would get an image in her head of Jack pushing her through the gate for the first time.

Comment

Oooh, this IS a fun game!

OK, if Sam's memories were completely wiped away, and she was in a foreign land or on a foreign planet... I'd have to say that I think the first memories to resurface would be her memories of Teal'c, Daniel and Jack. She's spent ten years watching their backs, protecting and being protected by them, ten years bonding and building a unique relationship. I don't think the friendship they have could ever truly be forgotten.

Even if she couldn't remember their names or their faces, I think she'd always remember how they made her feel. And the knowledge that there were three guys out there, with whom she'd connected on such a deep and intimate level, would probably drive her to find out more about her life, if only to fully remember what it's like to be loved like that.

Wow. That was... sappy.

Comment

pimping a Sam wallpaper and icons by alchemise:

http://alchemise.livejournal.com/1363.html
                            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                              pimping a Sam wallpaper and icons by alchemise:

http://alchemise.livejournal.com/1363.html
                              Oh that's awesome. And here's me without the ability to have a custom av. It's not fair.
                              sigpic

Comment

OMG Scarimor - is that Cylon!Sam in your avatar?

Comment

Working...
                                X