Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom
    I've been playing with Photoshop tonight and did a piccie of Sam...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...trophysics.jpg
    ooh, that's purdy!!

i like the almost three-d effect.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
      I have no idea. I am lost -- totally and completely. Is there a thread somewhere that reveals these mysterious production schedule data? Are they still doing that overlapping schooting thing?
      WHY?

I have no idea why they are shooting more than one SG-1 at a time. I can see a bit of overlap coordination with Atlantis as they use some of the same sets. Ad nauseum.

I guess it just saves them time. And time is money. Though you'd think the second unit crew would eat up any savings the would make on cutting down on filming days. <sigh>

Who knows?

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        I have found the key is to have very low expectations going in. Then I find the episodes (this season) fairly enjoyable, if not up to the early season standards.
        Yep. It's interesting how my "meh" attitude has carried over onto the past eight episodes of S10. I've lowered my expectations to the point where I'm surprised if there's a high point - no matter how miniscule - in the episode.

I also find that spoilers are not *my* friends.
        LOL. Oops! I hope you didn't realize that after reading the rest of my post.

To be honest? I actually have relatively "high" hopes for Sam's contribution in this next episode.

With all that we know about the potential drama, I think there's great potential. Of course, Stronghold had potential, so... Yeah. And I'm sure AT made it work with whatever she was given. At any rate, I'm hoping I can find some hope in McCullough's characterization of Sam this time around, because he's writing LitS *and* TRNT, and that could be very problematic come next April. I don't know...

It's not too late for him to redeem himself. I mean, it's not like he didn't have tenured and senior writers and an EP signing off on his work last year. They must've thought he was doing SOMETHING right, and if no one was telling him otherwise, how was he to know?

(Take note of this date, folks, because I may never defend him like this again.)

Comment

I agree that Sam is the younger sibling. IMO, there were many contributing factors to her being the one who tried to keep the family together, but one big one is that she is the "girl". (Oh, Amanda, if you're reading this please don't wince. I have a point.) My brothers were way too self absorbed to see what was going in our family, but my sister and I never missed a thing. Also, a girl has to grow up when she loses her mother. Many of my friends who've lost parents say that they didn't completely grow up until they lost their moms. Sam had to step into the role of woman of the house and keep them together at a really young age.

Again, I almost hate to leave the "girl" comment in this post. I just can't think of a better way to word it. Look beyond that word please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            welcome to Samanda
            Thanks Mandysg1! Have been enjoying reading you guys' posts here for a while and finally decided to join in the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Yep. It's interesting how my "meh" attitude has carried over onto the past eight episodes of S10. I've lowered my expectations to the point where I'm surprised if there's a high point - no matter how miniscule - in the episode.

LOL. Oops! I hope you didn't realize that after reading the rest of my post.

To be honest? I actually have relatively "high" hopes for Sam's contribution in this next episode.

With all that we know about the potential drama, I think there's great potential. Of course, Stronghold had potential, so... Yeah. And I'm sure AT made it work with whatever she was given. At any rate, I'm hoping I can find some hope in McCullough's characterization of Sam this time around, because he's writing LitS *and* TRNT, and that could be very problematic come next April. I don't know...

It's not too late for him to redeem himself. I mean, it's not like he didn't have tenured and senior writers and an EP signing off on his work last year. They must've thought he was doing SOMETHING right, and if no one was telling him otherwise, how was he to know?

(Take note of this date, folks, because I may never defend him like this again.)

I like your tinge of optimism, Spaz.

Comment

Originally posted by jz9
                Thanks Mandysg1! Have been enjoying reading you guys' posts here for a while and finally decided to join in the fun.

Glad you did, jz9.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i'm the oldest of 3 girls, and my middle sister, she doesn't keep the family together. in fact, she seems to pit one 'side' against the other.

the youngest is rather, well caught up on appearances and i'm the geek they both pretend they're not related to
                  I'm the middle sib...my brother Bob is 2 years older than me and my baby bro Pip (his real name is Michael but since he was born Bob and I called him Pippy which has since been shortened to Pip...no one calls him Michael...when his wife tried to insist we call him Michael...well...lets just say she calls him Pip now too!!!) sorry...where was I..oh yeah...Pip is the baby..he's 7 years younger than me and spoiled rotten by not only our parents but by us 2 older ones as well!!
                  Anyhoo....being the only girl, I find that it's usually me who keeps the peace and acts as liason between fueding parties...the voice of reason...the mediator...I think I should have studied psychology...
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                    I've been playing with Photoshop tonight and did a piccie of Sam...
                    Oh wow...that's beautiful Nolamom...can I snurch it please??!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok...so where is everyone tonight??
                      This will be my last post til I get back from my holiday...should be back by the 26th/27th...so...Take care everyone and be safe and be happy co LTS!!
                      We're going on a houseboat for 8 days then staying in Swan Hill for 2 nights before heading back home to go straight back to work...hopefully I shall be well rested by then!!
                      Anyhoo...just so I don't miss anything...
                      Congratulations to all milestoners!!

Happy birthday to those celebrating their birthday!!

Welcome all newbies!!

and finally...

(((samandans)))

Good night all...I shall miss coming to GW...can't wait to catch up!!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                        Ok...so where is everyone tonight??
                        This will be my last post til I get back from my holiday...should be back by the 26th/27th...so...Take care everyone and be safe and be happy co LTS!!
                        We're going on a houseboat for 8 days then staying in Swan Hill for 2 nights before heading back home to go straight back to work...hopefully I shall be well rested by then!!
                        Anyhoo...just so I don't miss anything...
                        Congratulations to all milestoners!!

Happy birthday to those celebrating their birthday!!

Welcome all newbies!!

and finally...

(((samandans)))

Good night all...I shall miss coming to GW...can't wait to catch up!!!

Oh I'm jealous, I love being out on the water Have fun and we'll tell you all about the eps you miss when you get back.
                        -

Comment

Oh hey Sky...did you get that letter yet??? Just wondering...hope it arrives in time...I sent it via quick mail...does that make sense??
                          Anyhow...hope it arrived/arrives!! Hope it's ok!!!???
                          Thanks again for scanning it for me...and thanks mini for organising the card!!
                          Do we get to see the end result too???
                          Gotta go pack...night!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                            Oh I'm jealous, I love being out on the water Have fun and we'll tell you all about the eps you miss when you get back.
                            Thanks RoX...looking forward to it...the ep spoilers that is...the water not so...I'd prefer to go to the snow if I could...not that I can ski...I just love the cold weather best!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                              Oh hey Sky...did you get that letter yet??? Just wondering...hope it arrives in time...I sent it via quick mail...does that make sense??
                              Anyhow...hope it arrived/arrives!! Hope it's ok!!!???
                              Thanks again for scanning it for me...and thanks mini for organising the card!!
                              Do we get to see the end result too???
                              Gotta go pack...night!!
                              not yet. i'll let you know when it gets here
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jz9
                                Whew, I'm glad the flying pigs didn't scare you off
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X