Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Well, the list of names is finally up for the Ficathon. I was surprised on some, I have to admit. Musings are under spoiler cuts for those who don't want to know yet.

Spoiler:

I already knew which fics Deejay, Mandy and Scari wrote. No surprises there.

"Operation Montezuma" I mentioned to Mandy that I thought Strix wrote it, but after discussing the torture scenes, Mandy mentioned that Strix would have gone further with the torture, so decided that it was Regan who wrote it, and I agreed. So, Strix, you had us fooled!

"Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile" I was convinced that Sky wrote this one. It had (in my opinion) her sense of humour, her style and so on. Others who read it also agreed with me. I also thought (given the nekkid Sam story) that the author knew me. In fact, it was written by splash_the_cat. Interesting. Very interesting.

LOL! Well, if I'd had more time to finish it, I might have done more with it. As it was, the temptation was definitely there.

I was really hesitant to sign up for this ficathon because I wasn't sure I'd be able to write a story to somebody else's standards. Scari, imagine my utter glee when I received my assignment. OMG! An EXCUSE to whump Sam! WOOT!!!!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      LOL! Well, if I'd had more time to finish it, I might have done more with it. As it was, the temptation was definitely there.

I was really hesitant to sign up for this ficathon because I wasn't sure I'd be able to write a story to somebody else's standards. Scari, imagine my utter glee when I received my assignment. OMG! An EXCUSE to whump Sam! WOOT!!!!
      Hehehe, I was exactly the same. In fact, Mandy told me that I should just write a story I was happy with and screw the recipient. Kinda ironic, huh?

As for yours, Strix, I was TERRIFIED. I've never really done any whump stuff before and I was kinda going "OMG, writing whump fic for the Mistress of Whump!" Had I know when I accepted that it was for you, I might not have taken it.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

TJ you sneaky little writer you

I had no idea it was you, but now all those questions you were asking me makes sense
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well, the list of names is finally up for the Ficathon. I was surprised on some, I have to admit. Musings are under spoiler cuts for those who don't want to know yet.

Spoiler:

I already knew which fics Deejay, Mandy and Scari wrote. No surprises there.

"Operation Montezuma" I mentioned to Mandy that I thought Strix wrote it, but after discussing the torture scenes, Mandy mentioned that Strix would have gone further with the torture, so decided that it was Regan who wrote it, and I agreed. So, Strix, you had us fooled!

"Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile" I was convinced that Sky wrote this one. It had (in my opinion) her sense of humour, her style and so on. Others who read it also agreed with me. I also thought (given the nekkid Sam story) that the author knew me. In fact, it was written by splash_the_cat. Interesting. Very interesting.

I'll repeat your 'interesting; very interesting.' Turns out one of my faves was written by one of my fave authors so nice to see I still like what they write when I don't even know its them.

Congrats to all Samandans who took part! You all did a great job.
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

lol! And you wrote it so well I'm so pleased that my request went to such an appropriate Sam-whumpin author

When I read it I had a strong feeling you were the writer, because I recognised your style, but I wasn't sure. Then I read "Knee Deep" (another favourite, which turns out to be by brandifer) and thought that one could have been by you too, so I ummed and erred. But in the last couple of day's I re-read "Operation Montezuma" and thought, yeah, I bet that's a Strix one.

I've tried not to speculate in public re. who wrote what. It's been soooo hard
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

faints

as far as i'm concerned, amanda and rick could star together as statues, and i'd still be squeeing at their screen chemistry.

sally

A duo MIME act!

:dies:

Comment

The second page is no place for Samanda. Amanda rocks as Sam. I can't wait until Friday night, so we'll get a new episode
                Spoiler:
                even if it isn't a Sam centered episode
                I don't like going a week without a new epi. What are we going to do until March?????

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                  You know I've been thinking about what I would like to ask them at Avalon and one of the questions I've been toying with is whether, with the cancellation, they are or would consider doing another project together.

I have this idea of them working as a married pair of environmental investigators, maybe with a family, who get called in specially to investigate crimes to do with environmantal damage, battling corporate giants or poachers; maybe as a TV film rather than as a series. It could be a good way for them to bring the causes they both support to the screen while providing entertainment for the casual audience.

And I definitely agree they just have great on-screen chemistry together.
                  I love that idea! If they go for it then you need to be on the writing staff. I wander where they'd film it? Maybe they could do part in CA and part in Vancouver, so neither of them would be away from home much.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                    You know I've been thinking about what I would like to ask them at Avalon and one of the questions I've been toying with is whether, with the cancellation, they are or would consider doing another project together.

I have this idea of them working as a married pair of environmental investigators, maybe with a family, who get called in specially to investigate crimes to do with environmantal damage, battling corporate giants or poachers; maybe as a TV film rather than as a series. It could be a good way for them to bring the causes they both support to the screen while providing entertainment for the casual audience.
                    And I definitely agree they just have great on-screen chemistry together.
                    This is a very intriguing idea, Rachel. The ABC Family Channel seems to have a value for just that sort of programming, and they've done in a way so that non-cheesy shows are still (relatively) family friendly.

*strokes chin*

Very interesting...

Comment

As for yours, Strix, I was TERRIFIED. I've never really done any whump stuff before and I was kinda going "OMG, writing whump fic for the Mistress of Whump!" Had I know when I accepted that it was for you, I might not have taken it.
                      Hee! I just noticed this. Strix is The Mistress of Whump! Hee!
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor

My LJ

Comment

Hee! I just noticed this. Strix is
                          The Mistress...
                          Much better.

Strix is hawt in oh-so-many ways.

Comment

LOL, and scari is the VP of S&M
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              LOL, and scari is the VP of S&M
                              I like having all these letters after my name. Makes me feel so intelligent
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Much better.

Strix is hawt in oh-so-many ways.
                                Yeah, about as hawt as an iguana in Antarctica...

Ya'll are killing me!

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X