Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Terrific news - two months in a row! The Queen rules! Kudos to all Samandans who had easy access and time to vote this time around.

Now I hope Amanda realizes that she is popular enough to go on Celebrity Duets or Dancing with the Stars. Wouldn't that be fun to watch?! My secret dream has been to see AT and RDA dance a tango, either as Sam and Jack or in real life. I'll just have to write a fanfic to make it come true, eh?
    Oh, I'd love to see Amanda on Dancing with the Stars or something along those lines. That would be very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
      Oh, I'd love to see Amanda on Dancing with the Stars or something along those lines. That would be very cool!
      I'd vote for that one too. I love that show and I think she'd be absolutely wonderful in it!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        I dunno what you and Booobs are talking about.
        oh, so THAT"S her secret
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          oh, so THAT"S her secret
          Just call her, "Victoria" from now on.

Comment

Just call her, "Victoria" from now on.
            *snerk*
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              I'm really surprised by the quality of all the stories I've read so far. I probably shouldn't be, given the participants, but I am. There's just so much good, meaty Sam stuff... great short stories, great long stories... so much intelligent dialogue and clever plot twists. I'm impressed, particularly knowing that a few people wrote their first (or nearly first) attempts at fanfic for this. I haven't been able to pick out the newcomers from the lot. I definitely want to encourage them to write more!

The blind feedback (not knowing who the author is) means a lot, too, because I think there's an additional measure of honestly in knowing that it's coming from someone who appreciates the work, rather than the writer. The names will go up next week, so I'm trying to hit everyone with feedback before then. I don't know if I'll get everything read before then, but I'm going to try.

So much Samtastic goodness!

http://community.livejournal.com/samcarterfic/
              I've been very impressed with the overall quality. Lots of different takes on Sam which has been great. Interesting to see what some of the authors have done with the requests too...

And I've been good and left feedback
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Speaking of the ficathon, was there a rule against overt S/J ship, or was it simply that people didn't request it? Just wondering. I loved all of the fics I read, and I look forward to checking out the others.

Also, I miss Kat. She's been doing the whole "family" deal, but I hope she gets on soon!

Comment

Speaking of the ficathon, was there a rule against overt S/J ship, or was it simply that people didn't request it? Just wondering. I loved all of the fics I read, and I look forward to checking out the others.

Also, I miss Kat. She's been doing the whole "family" deal, but I hope she gets on soon!
                  Yeah, it was a Gen ficathon, so there was no overt ship of any kind allowed.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    *snerk*
                    Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY!

I leave for a few hours and all the sudden my boobilage is the hot topic???

Geez. I can't turn my backs on any of y'all for a second.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY!

I leave for a few hours and all the sudden my boobilage is the hot topic???

Geez. I can't turn my backs on any of y'all for a second.

?????

Comment

?????
                        I have multiple. Personalities that is (geez...what did you think I meant? ). And all of our backs need to be careful around you all.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

?????
                          Did you not know? Our Ooooobs is "speshul".

That means she has three backs, eighty five arms and seven legs.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Did you not know? Our Ooooobs is "speshul".

That means she has three backs, eighty five arms and seven legs.
                            That's just downright freaky TJ. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              That's just downright freaky TJ. LOL
                              Not freaky. Cute.

Honest!

*backs away slowly*

Comment

Not freaky. Cute.

Honest!

*backs away slowly*
                                From me or Oooooober?