X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Uninvited
    Spoiler:
    So did anyone else notice the comment by Mitchell in Uninvited where he also said he was an adrenaline junkie? I was sure someone would be jumping all over that one by now.
    Spoiler:
    i lumped it in the with special forces, no orange, can't hold gun, play station, mission reports rage. what can i say, i'm cost-effective. probably threw in a motorcycle or two. maybe even the "L" word.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
      Well, thanks to Mandy, they're now about stem cell research.
      Glad I could help
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        Glad I could help
        In gratitude:
        Spoiler:

YUM!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          Now that's what I'm talkin about!
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Uninvited
            Spoiler:
            So did anyone else notice the comment by Mitchell in Uninvited where he also said he was an adrenaline junkie? I was sure someone would be jumping all over that one by now.
            Yeah, but, in all fairness, we've seen that in Cam's character, whereas, we've merely been told that about Sam's character.

Challenge:
            Show us adrenaline junkie Sam. By this I mean she has to be doing something beyond what everyone else is doing, and her enjoyment should show up in the scene.

IMO, the writers tell us Sam is an AJ but don't deliver in the show dept. A prime example is in COTG. She blithely states that she's pulled out of a simulated bombing run at x number of Gs, and yet, when she goes through the gate for the first time, instead of having that wild look of the adrenaline junkie in her eyes, she's sitting on the steps about to be sick. Has anyone else, before or after, felt like they were gonna be sick? No, just the girl... er... the adrenaline junkie. <grrrrr>

As for Space Race, I didn't care for the ep and I, personally didn't see much action, AJ Sam. Flying that ship was like sitting at a desk.

Sam's a good soldier, but an AJ? <shrugs> I don't see it. I wish I could.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
              Yeah, but, in all fairness, we've seen that in Cam's character, whereas, we've merely been told that about Sam's character.
              In all fairness to whom? "Oh, we didn't so well showing that part of Carter, so we'll give that trait to one of the new characters and do a better job with it."

minor spoiler for upcoming ep:
              Spoiler:
              "Oh, we couldn't actually show Carter ever riding her bike because of insurance reasons... but *!POOF!* that's no longer a concern, so we can let someone else do it!"

spoiler for S9/Vala:
              Spoiler:
              "Oh, we haven't shown the blending effects in a long while, so we'll give that to Vala."

IMO, the writers tell us Sam is an AJ but don't deliver in the show dept. A prime example is in COTG. She blithely states that she's pulled out of a simulated bombing run at x number of Gs, and yet, when she goes through the gate for the first time, instead of having that wild look of the adrenaline junkie in her eyes, she's sitting on the steps about to be sick. Has anyone else, before or after, felt like they were gonna be sick?
              I don't recall specifics, but I do know that the first trip in the movie was a bad one for all of them. The writers set about in the pilot doing away with that effect by saying it's something that happens to everyone the first time through and then in a later ep by saying that a recalibration of the 'gate eliminated it altogether.

Comment

hey my mom has a 70 mustang, which she still drives.

i don't have an issue with mitch's car. it's a sterertypical fighter jock car
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Challenge:
                  Show us adrenaline junkie Sam. By this I mean she has to be doing something beyond what everyone else is doing, and her enjoyment should show up in the scene.

IMO, the writers tell us Sam is an AJ but don't deliver in the show dept. A prime example is in COTG. She blithely states that she's pulled out of a simulated bombing run at x number of Gs, and yet, when she goes through the gate for the first time, instead of having that wild look of the adrenaline junkie in her eyes, she's sitting on the steps about to be sick. Has anyone else, before or after, felt like they were gonna be sick? No, just the girl... er... the adrenaline junkie. <grrrrr>

As for Space Race, I didn't care for the ep and I, personally didn't see much action, AJ Sam. Flying that ship was like sitting at a desk.

Sam's a good soldier, but an AJ? <shrugs> I don't see it. I wish I could.
                  Well in Space Race we did see her in her motorcylce outfit carrying her helmet, unfortuneately, I don't think the PTB allow Amanda to do scenes where she is riding a motor bike
                  But Jack did ask her if she was speeding again when she mentioned she was dating a cop...but I don't know if that's what you are looking for
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

yes, the skydiving ads are all my fault

call 1800 bite me and get over it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      yes, the skydiving ads are all my fault

call 1800 bite me and get over it
                      Ooooh snarky Sky (but I won't write diver)
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oops, one last thing: I'm not sure we've seen that about Cam either. We've seen him be rash in his decision-making, but that's not equivalent to thrill-seeking.

Comment

Question about Uninvited

Spoiler:
                          Didn't that parasite look like a regular everyday leech
                          Spoiler:
                          Guess we better stay away from radioactive leeches!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            I don't recall specifics, but I do know that the first trip in the movie was a bad one for all of them. The writers set about in the pilot doing away with that effect by saying it's something that happens to everyone the first time through and then in a later ep by saying that a recalibration of the 'gate eliminated it altogether.
                            Thanks. I couldn't quite remember that myself, but I knew they fixed it so the trips wouldn't be so bad. Like no one ever has that 'frosty thing' going on when they go through anymore. And you know, Sam did eat that big lunch before!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              In all fairness to whom? "Oh, we didn't so well showing that part of Carter, so we'll give that trait to one of the new characters and do a better job with it."

minor spoiler for upcoming ep:
                              Spoiler:
                              "Oh, we couldn't actually show Carter ever riding her bike because of insurance reasons... but *!POOF!* that's no longer a concern, so we can let someone else do it!"

spoiler for S9/Vala:
                              Spoiler:
                              "Oh, we haven't shown the blending effects in a long while, so we'll give that to Vala."
                              I totally agree, and I feel your pain, rage and frustration.

And yet only Sam was shown feeling sick.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Ooooh snarky Sky (but I won't write diver)
                                smooches

thanks for the congrats guys

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X