No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, astro! It was great to see so many positive comments about Sam!
    Spoiler:
    It's nice to know so many people(and not just Samandans) support her and recognize the wonderful job she does as a leader. Nice posts and I hope they will end up in the collection.
    Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 12 August 2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Pretty quiet here tonight. How about another round of "Share Your Favorite Sam Pics"

Window Of Opportunity:

Cool!Sam Now, this is just pure coolness. Doesn't she look like she means business? I love episodes that feature no-nonsense Sam.

Into The Fire:

Action!Sam After freeing Jack, Sam once again raises into action to help make the mission a success. I particularly like this picture because it captures Sam's determination and courage so perfectly.

Solitudes

Solitudes!Sam Sam gave her everything to rescue Jack and herself. She was struggling so hard to find a way back home and it was so difficult for her to accept that there wasn't anything she could do. Sam definitely doesn't give up easily, she's a fighter in every sense of the word.

The Devil You Know

I always liked the Sam that takes care of others. There are so many episodes that showcase that aspect of Sam, but this particular scene always stood out to me.

Urgo

BlueJello!Sam What can I tell you...Sam and her blue jello. Priceless!

The Tokra

I always loved the expression on Sam's face in this scene, but I guess what makes it really funny for me is the behind the scenes story that goes along with it. When I watch it now, it cracks me up even more.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        spoilers for 'uninvited'

Spoiler:
        yes, i watched the episode, but i can't remember a hand device scene. refresh my memory please.

sally

Spoiler:
        It was mentioned in a conversation between Sam and Vala. Vala had just finished using the hand held device to heal the wounded SG members who had been attacked. Brief filler scene to show that Vala is of value and that Sam and Vala have a working relationship (almost wrote friendship but don't think they are quite there yet).

Comment

Quadruple post!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Amanda's birthday is rolling up again and to celebrate, the Amanda
            Tapping Club is offering some GREAT Amanda items for auction. Amanda
            has even signed some of them personally!!

All proceeds from the auction will be donated to one of Amanda's
            preferred charities.

Click the link below to see what's on offer!
            http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...g/auction.html

For more information on joining the fundraising, please visit the
            website.

Amanda Tapping Fans for Charity:
            http://www.atfansforcharity.tk/
            sigpic

Comment

Über, I'm sorry your vid was disqualified but I wanted to say Congrats to all the Samandans nominated for an SG fan award

I wasn't able to watch "Uninvited", so I can't comment on it yet, but I did tape it, so I have to watch it and see what I think.

Originally posted by Myrth
              Hello everyone!

Amanda's birthday is rolling up again and to celebrate, the Amanda
              Tapping Club is offering some GREAT Amanda items for auction. Amanda
              has even signed some of them personally!!

All proceeds from the auction will be donated to one of Amanda's
              preferred charities.

Click the link below to see what's on offer!
              http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...g/auction.html

For more information on joining the fundraising, please visit the
              website.

Amanda Tapping Fans for Charity:
              http://www.atfansforcharity.tk/
              Thank you very much for the info

Originally posted by minigeek

On a more serious (and definitely OT) note, guys, something's come up here - I really can't get into it in a public forum (I'd rather not), but if some of you can spare to send a few good thoughts and maybe a couple of prayers (mantras, hey, I'll even take chanting or any kind of positive karma) in my general direction, I would very dearly appreciate it.

Love,
              mg
              mini, I'm sending good thoughts your way... *hugs*

I have to apologize if I didn't catch something important. My computer is so slow and I can never read all the posts I missed
              Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
              Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

guys, pass the word in any thread that you play in

in fanfic there is the announcemet for the voting, but also a list of any and all gateworlders that have been nominated in the awards. and there's a certain way to get their stuff listed which is on the announcement.

so i know i don't play in enough of the threads to spread it around the forum, so please help me out spreading the word
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm sad to hear about your vid Über! It was the most awesome vid I had ever seen!!! Remember that in eyes of a lot of people here it desserved first place right away!
                  No doubt about that on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76

The Tokra

[/CENTER]
                    I always loved the expression on Sam's face in this scene, but I guess what makes it really funny for me is the behind the scenes story that goes along with it. When I watch it now, it cracks me up even more.
                    What's the behind the scenes story? Don't think I've heard it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                      Wow, astro! It was great to see so many positive comments about Sam!
                      Spoiler:
                      It's nice to know so many people(and not just Samandans) support her and recognize the wonderful job she does as a leader. Nice posts and I hope they will end up in the collection.
                      I totally agree with L.A. Doyle. I think that a copy of astro's post should be sent to TPTB and SciFi. and anyone else who might listen.

Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        Wow, astro! It was great to see so many positive comments about Sam! Nice posts and I hope they will end up in the collection.
                        Hey, astro, maybe you could somehow work in there:
                        "1961 Volvo P1800 + 2003 Cobra SVT > 1965 Mustang Fastback."

Comment

Uninvited
                          Spoiler:
                          I liked the ep. It has really cool Sam moments and Team moments. The actors work well together and the story wasnt so bad. At least the creatures didnt look as stupid as the ones in sight unseen. I love how Sam/Teal'c are acting towards each other.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            spoilers for s9

Spoiler:
                            jack did *not* give mitchell command of sg1. jack told mitchell he could pretty much choose what he wants, but he did NOT tell mitchell that he could have *sam's* command. landry gave mitchell command of the team, *after* sam left and *after* all the big threats (goauld, replicater) were gone (which allowed her the leeway of leaving).

sally
                            Spoiler:
                            Well my original point was that no one took command from Sam. That he only got it cos she wasnt there anymore and that there werent any big threats out there, at least they thought.
                            But I dont wanna go down this road anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              Spoiler:
                              It was a plot device, and a particularly poor one at that.

I don't blame Jack. He wouldn't have had the authority to make an almost unconditional offer of any post Mitchell wanted - what if he'd asked for Hammond's job? - so he was, in all likelihood, just the messenger.

I'm sure that he never expected that somebody with no offworld experience would consider himself more worthy and deserving of a place on SG-1 than any other officer at the SGC.

Spoiler:
                              [O'Neill is leaning against the window by the foot of Mitchell's bed. He is in his full dress uniform.]

O'NEILL
                              Get well soon. And when you do, you can do anything you want, and I mean…professionally…anything you want. Well not…anything.

Taking it a little far, no?

Comment

Ok, I pulled out my DVDs this weekend sort of randomly picked an episode. I watched "Smoke and Mirrors." I think Sam was quite cool in this episode. A few highlights.

She led the investigation.

Loved where we see her make the decision to buy the gun from the gun dealer. Typical great AT acting there, IMHO. She conveys what she's thinking and that she's sort of shifting gears, but it's not OTT.

Using her lockpicking tools--& the look she gave Barrett when he kicked in the door.

Telling Barrett to get off her after the explosion.

Using the Foothold device.

She dressed well. I love her "civilian" watch (which I seem to have just noticed on this viewing.)

Comment

Working...
                                X