Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Insiders:
    Spoiler:
    I didn't mind it. The character stuff was great Sam/Vala, Sam/Cam, Vala/Teal'c etc - awesome. (btw this ep proved without a doubt that Sam/Vala is canon. Just saying )

RE the codes thing - I rather liked the idea that they had Sam make a call that went wrong. She judged that she'd be able to stall for time AND save the lives of the hostages. And nearly did it too. And if even if she refused to give Ba'al the codes, what would have stopped him from kidnapping her instead and brainwashing her?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
      i heard some bad news the other day i hopes its not true. Are they really replacing Sam with vala? I know sam has been cutting down on the time she spends on the show. thats how it started with jack.
      Uhh no.... Sam is quite heavily featured in upcoming eps.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        thats good hear! I was getting scared there for a second.

Comment

She'll be there but
          Spoiler:
          is she going to have interesting part besides the one where she is injured?
          I didn't read the recent spoilers

Comment

About Insiders:
            Spoiler:
            I didn't mind it. The character stuff was great Sam/Vala, Sam/Cam, Vala/Teal'c etc - awesome. (btw this ep proved without a doubt that Sam/Vala is canon. Just saying )

RE the codes thing - I rather liked the idea that they had Sam make a call that went wrong. She judged that she'd be able to stall for time AND save the lives of the hostages. And nearly did it too. And if even if she refused to give Ba'al the codes, what would have stopped him from kidnapping her instead and brainwashing her?
            Sounds like a winning episode to me - Sam in peril and focus on her!

Comment

Originally posted by allaboutthegate
              They'd have to have some balls!

But It would be an interesting episode
              They can't do it ... they just used all their Ba'als up in Insiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
                i heard some bad news the other day i hopes its not true. Are they really replacing Sam with vala? I know sam has been cutting down on the time she spends on the show. thats how it started with jack.
                As far as I know AT is not WILLINGLY cutting down her time on the show like RDA was.
                But it wouldnt suprise me if they boot her character IF the show went another year.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                  They don’t know what to do with the character of Sam Carter.

I have heard that line and various versions of it for quite a while now and my answer is

“Why the hell not?”
                  Great posts RoX...if they didn't know then...maybe they know now...what a pack of whackers!!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    what if you were the writer of a show. say a middle aged man who was...follically challenged. And you run a show for a couple of years and then are called into the boss' office and told 'yeah, we know that you've been doing this job for a while. You were part of the crew for 6 years, the show runner for two...but you see, our research shows that the best show runners are men with full heads of hair and...yeah, so sorry, you don't quite measure up. so here's Tom, he's a nice film student, just graduated last year. I know he's young, but you wouldn't believe the stuff he did in school. Oh and did i tellyou that his mother died last year?

well anyway, Tom is gonna run the show now. we do want you to stay around. see, we need another writer and i'm sure you can help tom out, now can't you?????

I wonder how 'sensitive' folks would be then????
                    All I can say to that is...OUCH!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Sadly, all these posts about Sam remind me of the comment Amanda made about Ben and Joe getting to fly with the Thunderbirds and Amanda being told "We didn't think you'd be interested". I mean here this woman has been with the franchise six years longer than either of these men and yet they didn't even think to ask her if she'd like to participate. I know she may joke about it being a boy's club and learning how to play golf, but after last year's season of Stargate, I definitely have to wonder how much truth is really in her comments. I know Torri has made similiar remarks.

It would definitely be interesting to go to a con with Amanda, Teryl, Torri, Rachel and Claudia as guests and see what their comments are about the Stargate Boy's Club.
                      For real? That really happened?? Argh...Ok...I need to go to my happy place right now....this really erks me!!!
                      They should do an all female con...but you know that won't happen...it would be the most successful con ever and they'd out shine the boys hands down...and that just wouldn't do.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        Needlepoint? Hehe, I have no idea how to....needlepoint. And call me dollface one more time
                        LOL!! You tell em LAD!!! Needlepoint indeed!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Well come on RepliCartertje, they had a very good reason for not asking her... she doesn't have her own joystick
                          LOL!!! Good one Mandy!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            Can you just see what great and wonderful press they'd get if they *did* take AT up in a Thunderbird? Both the Air Force *and* the Stargate franchise would get all sorts of great press everywhere - because they could tout equal opportunity and forward thinking and such!
                            Yeah...but that would actually make sense and be a smart move...something they're obviously not used to!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Wow...gotta go...it's late and I have to work in the morning...thanks for all the spoilers...I love being spoiled.
                              I just watched Beachead the other night...thought it was great...still don't like the Ori though but it was great to have Sam back...and I love Vala...she's such a laugh!!!
                              Night all...take care and be happy!!! LTS!!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey guys, I know I've been scarece lately-RL has had me really busy. Plus, this heat wave has made me a bit grumpy-and I'd rather avoid being grumpy on the 'net, cause I don't always make much sense when I am. (Ironically, I just know that in a few months I'm going to be whining about the cold! At least AC costs a lot less than my furnace!)

My thoughts on Insiders (list form, cause lists make me happy):

Spoiler:
                                • You know, Sky, I think you're right about Vala being much easier to take when Daniel wasn't around. I couldn't figure out last night why she wasn't bothering me, and I think it IS because she didn't have Daniel to play off, no reason for the coquettishness and ott sexuality. I have a friend who is a huge Daniel fan, and likes Vala simply because she gives Daniel more screentime, no matter how he acts around her. How funny that I find I can only like Vala when Daniel isn't around.
                                • Having said that, I really didn't miss Daniel at all. Huh. I thought I would.
                                • Sam/Vala scenes were spot on, imo. NOT at all forced, very natural; they showed a mutal respect that I admired. Nicely done.
                                • Sam/Cam scenes were forced, and felt off. However, I did like Sam's "This isn't a competition" line.
                                • I loved Sam's interaction with Barrett over coffee-tough, strong, and no holds barred. Nicely acted.
                                • I liked Landry's scenes with Barrett too-not backing down at all.
                                • I watched Landry and Cam's 'leadership' scene a couple times. I haven't decided if I felt that Cam was whining, and using that comment about Vala as an opening to get Landry to back him up or not. Sometimes I read it that way, sometimes not. Either way, I liked Landry's answer. To me that "who does?" line was all about telling Cam to get the hell over himself, and get back to work. So I liked it.
                                • Normally Landry is background for me, take him or leave him-eh. But I liked him this episode.
                                • I am an idiot-because I didn't suspect Ba'al et al were playing them till Barrett walked into Ba'al number whatever's cell.
                                • I, too, had the brief wish that Barrett would have been the Alpha Ba'al instead of merely brainwashed. Till I recalled that Sam would sense the naquada from Alpha Ba'al-the real symbiote. Although, they still could have gone with Barrett having had a cloned symbiote. That would have been cool. They could have had Sam refuse to help Ba'al, had one of them drag Barrett in, have a gun to his head to force her hand, then, after she capitulates to buy time to save him, had Barrett stand up and his eyes flash. That would have been awesome.
                                • Oh, right. They had to forget about the Nightwalkers canon that says Sam (and Vala) can sense a symbiote because of the naquada, and only be unable to sense a cloned symbiote because of the lackthereof in order to perpetuate the whole 'do we have the real Ba'al' plot hole...er...point. Poor writing.
                                • Sam giving Ba'al the information. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it either. Her decision wasn't really much different than Landry's-she was trying to buy time to protect the hostages. So was Landry. He could have ordered the symbiote poison to be released immediately. Eventually it would have killed most of the Ba'als-enough that a sweeper team could have taken the rest. But he was protecting the hostages. So was Sam. I DO wish she'd found some way to sabotage the disk. It seems they're going for having Ba'al find Merlin's weapon first.
                                • Perhaps I didn't hate it because I don't really care. I mean, Ba'al can only hurt ascended beings with Merlin's weapon. So what if he takes out the Ancients as well as the Ori. I don't really see the Ancients as any better than the Ori, really. If their refusal to help in a war that is, in it's essense, about them-one they started-gets them killed-I can't muster up much sympathy.
                                • I didn't like how easily Sam was captured, she could SO have taken a couple of the Ba'als out before they got her-that would have been much more believable. They had Ba'als to spare-so why didn't they go that route? I don't care how sensitive BW is to it-that was lazy writing.
                                • Speaking of writing-I knew the episode would suck when I saw AM had written it-so my expectations were toliet bowl low-must be why I didn't end up hating the episode.
                                • On the plus side: They actually used the GATE! Plus, we got to see a ring platform in use.
                                • There were no ships. Actually they did have ships, but they were incidental to the plot-not the purpose of it. So yay!
                                • LOVED Teal'c in the interrogation of Ba'al #1. "As do we all." And how he just abrubtly left the room at the end. Loved it.
                                • Heck, I just generally love Teal'c.

On a totally OT note: I have another CT scan coming up Tuesday-I'm very nervous. I'd appreciate any prayers or good thoughts you all can spare.

Comment

Working...
                                X