Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG
    I enjoyed Pegasus Project. Maybe because I just don't expect a whole lot anymore, that I'm pleasantly surprised when we get anything. This felt more like a team episode to me than anything we've had in a while. I even went back and watched it again, willingly, which I haven't done since Prototype in Season 9.

Spoiler:
    I didn't mind the snarking at McKay. I think he deserved it. Most of the time he either comes off as a self-rightious, pompous jackass or a hysterical ninny. Face it, he was downright rude to Cameron about the "acretion disk" and the "voice distortion through the wormhole". I thought it was appropriate that Cam cut him down to size.

*snip*

*snip*
    I didn't remember that...

Speaking of the Pegasus Project, did you notice that Amanda Tapping
    Spoiler:
    often seemed ready to burst out laughing ? I first noticed it on that image (http://stargate-sg1.hu/photos/index....gmFilters=#pic, or am I wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by Linwelin

Spoiler:
      often seemed ready to burst out laughing ? I first noticed it on that image (http://stargate-sg1.hu/photos/index....gmFilters=#pic, or am I wrong ?
      Hehehe, yes I did notice,
      Spoiler:
      but to me it seemed like there were quite a few times when I thought she was trying not to laugh
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
        That's true. There seemed to be many little, knowing smiles from Sam's end throughout the episode, and either AT was acting her pants off, or I think she was actually having fun. It looked like a very interesting collaborative effort on all of the cast members' parts, and the final product was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I was pleasantly surprised, and glad I was wrong in this case.

And, yikes Mandy... I hope that's not the case.

There are two things I'm hoping don't happen in Insiders:

Spoiler:

Malcolm's death - which I don't think they'll do, since he had a crush on Sam, and they probably don't want to revisit the BWC issues... I hope.

Malcolm's flirting with Sam - I'm really touchy about that stuff since S9 so, while I think Barrett is a really great character, if they could minimize the flirting/pining on his part, I'd be a happy lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Hehehe, yes I did notice,
          Spoiler:
          but to me it seemed like there were quite a few times when I thought she was trying not to laugh
          And that makes me enjoy this episode even more, if possible !

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Spoiler:

Malcolm's flirting with Sam - I'm really touchy about that stuff since S9 so, while I think Barrett is a really great character, if they could minimize the flirting/pining on his part, I'd be a happy lady.
            I agree, Spazzy. If they keep hammering that particular nail, it'll break right off. It was sort of a 'running joke/theme' that
            Spoiler:
            Agent Barrett kept asking Sam out every time they met
            but it's reached a point now where it'd just be old if that happened again. Unless you meant Beckett and not Barrett? I wasn't sure from the wording......... but it's a smiliar deal anyway, IMHO.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Spoiler:
              Yeppers, and I was smiling right along with her thinking she was trying her hardest not to explode with laughter
              I really enjoyed The pegasus project and I'm sure I did a good imitation of Jack (Still Following You Not?) with the tons of techno-babble being tossed about. I'm embarrassed to admit I had to watch it three times to understand what they were doing.

Lunch break's over...back to work

Comment

About The Pegasus Project,
                Spoiler:
                in this article (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/default.htm?cmsGuid={17055984-1ABF-4D70-BAF7-CE541C97359E} Spoilers for Pegasus Project and following episodes !), they say :
                TV Guide: Is it special playing against each other, both as Carter and McKay and as actors?
                Tapping:
                From Day 1, when David first appeared on SG-1 [during Season 7], there was an instant connection between the two of us — as people and as actors.
                Hewlett: We have the same kind of humor. It usually involves insults and sarcasm.
                Taping: So we hit it off right away. [Both crack up]
                They seem to really like playing with each other, and that can be seen on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                  Pegasus Project spoilers:

Spoiler:
                  It wasn't just that one poorly executed scene that I found objectionable, but their whole time together was just this boring stream of one-liners in the midst of what should have been a drama. They trivialized this dangerous mission, and then threw in that absolutely horrible slingshot out of a black hole's gravity well... thing.

In contrast, Daniel, Vala and Dr. Weir had great comedic timing and weighty, dramatic scenes together. Sam and MacKay were like a bad half-hour sitcom that probably would have benefitted from some canned laughter, while Daniel's scenes were classic Stargate SG-1.

Just my opinion. I will say that I liked the briefing room scene. It was, IMO, the best of all the Sam/MacKay scenes. Their dynamic seemed more on target.
                  Well
                  Spoiler:
                  They werent in any danger till the ships arrived. You didnt like the scene where Mckay thanks Sam for her help?
                  Sam: Wait a sec...was I naked?
                  Mckay: Partially.

LOL Sort of like that. ATs reaction is priceless. I do wish they'd had more scenes together. Just arguing

Comment

About The Pegasus Project,
                    Spoiler:
                    in this article (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/default.htm?cmsGuid={17055984-1ABF-4D70-BAF7-CE541C97359E} Spoilers for Pegasus Project and following episodes !), they say :

They seem to really like playing with each other, and that can be seen on screen.
                    Ya. To bad the 1st ep Mckay appers is 48 hours, season 5.

Comment

Pegasus Project...

Originally posted by kes
                      Well
                      Spoiler:
                      They werent in any danger till the ships arrived. You didnt like the scene where Mckay thanks Sam for her help?

LOL Sort of like that. ATs reaction is priceless. I do wish they'd had more scenes together. Just arguing
                      Spoiler:
                      Priceless, that's the word !

My favorite scene of the episode, and one of my favorites of all times in Stargate, including SG-1 ans Atlantis !

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Yeh.
                        Spoiler:
                        Specially after the thank you scene. When he leaves and looks at her. Notice when she turns to the nuke...I bet she burst out laughing 1 or 2 secs after LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                          Yeh.
                          Spoiler:
                          Specially after the thank you scene. When he leaves and looks at her. Notice when she turns to the nuke...I bet she burst out laughing 1 or 2 secs after LOL
                          Sure !

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                            Well
                            Spoiler:

Funny enough, I suppose, but I really didn't care that much for how GUP was written, either, so.... <shrugs>
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Where can I find the ratings for last Friday's Stargates episodes?

I read somewhere that the ratings are usually posted by Monday (and I think they did have them last week on Monday for the previous Fri), but I can't find them anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                                Of course! During the times when I am on regularly (which hasn't been for quite a long while now) I try to keep the birthday list updated. There is a link to it in one or both of the Samandan index posts (links to the indexes are located on page one of this thread within the content of Sally's first post) which Astrogeologist and I try to maintain. So I would be more than happy to edit you into the list . (And anyone else who isn't on there yet!)

Birthday List
                                can i be on the list??? is that ok?? my birthday is on march the 25th

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X