Originally posted by suse
    Eeeeeeeeevil is the Skydiver
    LOLOL

you're just NOW figuring that out????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
      Yeehaa...wow that was fun...not sure if I could be as comitted this month though...but I will try...can we all try and keep RDA and Amanda together this month?
      Thanks everyone who voted...you're the best!!!
      wow, look who owns post 48,000

we're gonna hit 50,000 by november no problem at all at this rate

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        It's all coming out tonight, eh? Zat guns, battery operated *ahem* devices, titilating umlauts.....!
        well, you know, the best things only come out at night

sigpic

Comment

I don't know how far back your original post was in this gimongous thread, Sky, but you posted:

I don't pick up on a lack of respect. What i do pick up on is some very real self interest and self indulgence. I don't think they've ever put them in a situation where cam has had to defer to the team...and (other than the cambo situations in various eps) they haven't put cam in the leadership role.

we've seen no sign of respect because we've seen no conflict. These people are pod people. They're the stepford Team. They don't argue, don't debate, don't get angry or pissy...it's just 'yes dear' endlessly.

Heck, jack and sam and daniel and teal'c disagreed all the time. that's part of what made it fun. That's what gave you some character development. this total agreement is boring. They might as well be a team of accountants for all the interpersonal issues we have going on
          Wow! You nailed it, Sky. Conflict's what's missing from this team, establishing lines the fellow teammates cross at their peril.

I think that what made the S&J ship thing so watchable(for those that liked S&J) was its awkwardness, not merely because of regs, but much moreso, for me, because of where Jack's emotional lines had been drawn. This awkwardness made for terrific, subtle UST.

Daniel's conflict with the rigid and, to him, unimaginative military mindset made for some of the best banter I've ever seen on episodic television.

I fear it's too late to create conflict among the all new Brady Bunch, though. At best we'll see Sam and Teal'c roll eyes at poor Vala who will be the object of many pithy putdowns from the Cam&Dan one-liners tag-team.
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Yupp indeedy. But get this....

Spoiler:

It's the only organ in the female body made PURELY for pleasure and it has 8000 nerve endings. That's more than the lips, the fingertips OR the tongue, and it's TWICE as many as in the penis.
            Damm, sif we dont get them

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Damm, sif we dont get them
              LOL !! Uh uh. Noo way! I think the world is pretty lucky, actually.
              Spoiler:
              Ranks right up there with being glad men can't (usually) bend over far enough to put their own head between their thighs, or there'd never be ANY vocational productivity from that end of the gender pool ! ...

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                LOL !! Uh uh. Noo way! I think the world is pretty lucky, actually.
                Spoiler:
                Ranks right up there with being glad men can't (usually) bend over far enough to put their own head between their thighs, or there'd never be ANY vocational productivity from that end of the gender pool ! ...

mg
                Well you know what they say, 'make love, not war'. I'm sure we could come up with a variant on that

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  okay, i have a question for the s/j shippers here. i was going to ask on the shipper thread, but there's so many new peeps there that i'm not sure any of them would be able to answer this. but i know there's some older shippers that hang here, so...

non s/j shippers, don't bother reading this.

Spoiler:
                  isn't there somewhere on gateworld (not the forum) where is says something like, 'sam and jack have come to an understanding and have realized they won't be happy with anyone else'? i'm paraphrasing here, but i could have *sworn* something like this was said.

i'm talking about something like this said in the 'characters' section, or maybe in the eps section... someone help me out here, because i can't believe i imagined it!

(i'm wondering if something's been 'edited' recently... )

sally
                  That sounds really familiar Sally. Don't know where I read it though. Maybe not here but in one of the chats with Joe from S4/S5? But I don't think those were archived.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Well you know what they say, 'make love, not war'. I'm sure we could come up with a variant on that
                    LOL well that's true. There'd sure be a lot less WAR out there. Wow. You know, we might even have achieved world peace by now! When you put it that way, the absence of that ability is definitely a physiological design flaw...

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                      Of course! During the times when I am on regularly (which hasn't been for quite a long while now) I try to keep the birthday list updated. There is a link to it in one or both of the Samandan index posts (links to the indexes are located on page one of this thread within the content of Sally's first post) which Astrogeologist and I try to maintain. So I would be more than happy to edit you into the list . (And anyone else who isn't on there yet!)

Birthday List
                      I am also not on the list and you can always count me in! My birthday is the 25th of June

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Fëël thë ümläüty lövë, my frïënds!!!
                        Ooh boy you got to love the aumlauts and knowing that most people don't have it on their keyboard in America...lol

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          It's official!

Amanda is...

the #1 celebrity in the July Celeeb Poll!!!!!!

Congratulations Amanda!!!!!

We finished with a lead of over 13,000 and more than 67,000 votes. Thanks to everyone who voted, whether it was once or a thousand times. It was all worth it to see Amanda where she deserves to be...#1.
                          That is so great to know that she stayed #1. Even I couldn't vote in the end!!! It is just wonderfull to know that because of the fans we did make it!!!
                          THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN VOTING
                          you are all wonderfull

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                            Ooh boy you got to love the aumlauts and knowing that most people don't have it on their keyboard in America...lol
                            You really don't ? And it's "Umlaut" ! I usually have one on my user name (Linwëlin), but GW wouldn't accept it...

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Wow! You nailed it, Sky. Conflict's what's missing from this team, establishing lines the fellow teammates cross at their peril.

I think that what made the S&J ship thing so watchable(for those that liked S&J) was its awkwardness, not merely because of regs, but much moreso, for me, because of where Jack's emotional lines had been drawn. This awkwardness made for terrific, subtle UST.

Daniel's conflict with the rigid and, to him, unimaginative military mindset made for some of the best banter I've ever seen on episodic television.

I fear it's too late to create conflict among the all new Brady Bunch, though. At best we'll see Sam and Teal'c roll eyes at poor Vala who will be the object of many pithy putdowns from the Cam&Dan one-liners tag-team.
                            Yep, a conflict would certainly add something, and would be very interesting. I don't think it's too late for that.

Comment

I enjoyed Pegasus Project. Maybe because I just don't expect a whole lot anymore, that I'm pleasantly surprised when we get anything. This felt more like a team episode to me than anything we've had in a while. I even went back and watched it again, willingly, which I haven't done since Prototype in Season 9.

Spoiler:
                              I didn't mind the snarking at McKay. I think he deserved it. Most of the time he either comes off as a self-rightious, pompous jackass or a hysterical ninny. Face it, he was downright rude to Cameron about the "acretion disk" and the "voice distortion through the wormhole". I thought it was appropriate that Cam cut him down to size. I also didn't have a problem with the lemon scene. I thought it was funny. I also like Cam stepping in and stopping him when he started in on Sam's recklessness being sexy. That's sexual harassment, in any form, and not appropriate on a military ship or in the workplace. So, given all that, Cam didn't bother me in this episode. He did take charge, but that allowed Sam to focus on what she needed to, not on being in command or fending off McKay.

I also enjoyed the Daniel/Vala/Weir storyline. Loved that the hologram was a real ascended being and was none other than Morgan le Fey. Liked Daniel passion and tendency to take the long way around, paired with Vala's pragmatic cut to the chase attitude, and enjoyed their interaction with Weir who was very skeptical at first.

So overall, I had fun watching this. Next week's previews look pretty interesting too. Also glad to see that
                              Spoiler:
                              Malcolm's back
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                                I enjoyed Pegasus Project. Maybe because I just don't expect a whole lot anymore, that I'm pleasantly surprised when we get anything. This felt more like a team episode to me than anything we've had in a while. I even went back and watched it again, willingly, which I haven't done since Prototype in Season 9.

Spoiler:
                                I didn't mind the snarking at McKay. I think he deserved it. Most of the time he either comes off as a self-rightious, pompous jackass or a hysterical ninny. Face it, he was downright rude to Cameron about the "acretion disk" and the "voice distortion through the wormhole". I thought it was appropriate that Cam cut him down to size. I also didn't have a problem with the lemon scene. I thought it was funny. I also like Cam stepping in and stopping him when he started in on Sam's recklessness being sexy. That's sexual harassment, in any form, and not appropriate on a military ship or in the workplace. So, given all that, Cam didn't bother me in this episode. He did take charge, but that allowed Sam to focus on what she needed to, not on being in command or fending off McKay.

I also enjoyed the Daniel/Vala/Weir storyline. Loved that the hologram was a real ascended being and was none other than Morgan le Fey. Liked Daniel passion and tendency to take the long way around, paired with Vala's pragmatic cut to the chase attitude, and enjoyed their interaction with Weir who was very skeptical at first.

So overall, I had fun watching this. Next week's previews look pretty interesting too. Also glad to see that
                                Spoiler:
                                Malcolm's back
                                I just worry that

Spoiler:
                                given their track record, they will probably kill him off, they seem to like to do with our favourite guest characters
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X