Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    majorsam: ((((((((((Deepspace)))))))))) Don't worry, I do the same thing (using excuse to lie in lazy depression...)
    Yeah, the day I got back from France my grandpa died...
    And then my army people screwed me over majorly regarding massive plans I have in the next while due to a French girl staying with me for hte next 8 days, and now i'm being threatened with losing my position, because they decided to go and change ALL the dates for ALL the major things this year...
    after humiliating me in front of all the lower ranks whom i'm supossed to be a role model for... then they changed the date of the MOST MAJOR exercise of the year, the one i love with all my soul, to the weekend that my play is going up, so I miss that too...
    then this other thing happened... then my friend got... and then...and THAT's screwed up too...
    ack, oh well, i'm not one to usually complain, i'll get over it all!!! *Thinks of Friday Night *
    Thanks so much for your comments on my post They're worth more than rep! After all, it's the thought taht counts!
    (Although in a few days if you've repped enough others, it wouldn't hurt )
    chopingal: MajorSam and deepspace - can't give green and Astro's already given blue so, all I can give, is Samandan hugs to you!
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops at all." Emily Dickinson
    "Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." Jean Kerr
    Hoping that both of you weather your storms and are feeling better soon! CG
    Gee, sounds like lots has been going wrong for you majorsam. *hugs*.
    I would love to know more about what kind of military you're in. It sounds interesting, if tough. You must be a pretty strong person, both physically and emotionally.
    rep coming your way soon...

    ...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

    HIC COMITAS REGIT!

    Comment


      Originally posted by jckfan55
      Sam (through AT) is really good at explaining things. Do you think when Sam retires from active duty (a day *far in the future* please) she'd like to teach at the AF academy?. I bet she'd be a great instructor.
      I could definately see Sam doing that in the future, she would be great at it.
      I think sam is doing that now at the SGC, taking new scientists and Soldiers under her wing and teaching them what she knows.

      Comment


        Guess the Episode or Add a Caption:

        Comment


          Originally posted by tara3583
          I'm going to go for Beatrice as it reminds me of lovely warm Grandmothers and did'nt both Amanda and Alan loose their Grandmothers a while ago? would be a lovely tribute to their Grandmothers if Amanda and Alan gave their daughter a Grandmothers name as Olivia's middle
          name

          Just thinking that Olivia is 3 weeks old now, wonder who she looks like, hope Amanda will let
          us see a photo of her.
          It'd have to be Alan's then, Amanda's was named Jenny.


          Originally posted by Coley
          Oh Lastly

          Can I just say a heartfelt thanks to everyone who has put up missing Coley posts, welcome back posts and cheery rep messages. I have missed joining in the fun on this thread and it is nice to know I have been missed in some small way.

          I think I will be back on form only when I managed to get a new computer. In the meantime don't forget me and I will posts when I can get onto the thread without crashing!!

          Juts loved the AT photo's MajorSam posted of her at a convention.

          Everone heading to conventions soon have a great time!!

          Glad you liked them I wonder, if I posted a few million more, would it be enough to GET YOU BACK HERE!?!? We miss ya!!! (((((((Coley))))))) Although I suposse I should say "would enough pics be enough to bribe a computer fixer man to come back it yours a brillliant-high speed never-crash-again computer....?)

          Originally posted by deepspace
          Gee, sounds like lots has been going wrong for you majorsam. *hugs*.
          I would love to know more about what kind of military you're in. It sounds interesting, if tough. You must be a pretty strong person, both physically and emotionally.
          rep coming your way soon...
          It's not that bad, I have all of you, plus my Stargate, and recently (as of... two days ago) Desperate Housewives to get me through it all

          ((((((((((Deepspace))))))))))))

          My military stuff isn't as bad as it sounds, trust me! Physically, I can barely do push ups for the life of me...*thinks of the Fitness Test I have next week.... Must qualify silver again! MUST!*I just push myself to my absolute limits! I mean, what's the point of being in something like the military if you're not willing to expand and do stuff you'd never thought you would... Who knows, Sg-1 could be in my future! Yup. No point giving up, or you won't know where you could have ended up! *It's the what-if's that kill me* Emotionally? I use whatever I can for that, you have to be able to recognize the amazing things that we've all done/seen/can do/experienced. When you really think about it, there's a lot more than you think!!

          On a random note... I'm in a fashion show tonight! Hah! Just found out this afternoon...Wish me luck! lol.
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

          ^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

          Comment


            Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            I'm sorry to ask a silly question, but can someone please tell me what JPL, SURF and USGS stand for? I don't know these acronyms. Thanks.
            If someone has already answered this, I apologize. i haven't gotten all the way through this thread yet.

            JPL = The NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory - jpl.nasa.gov
            SURF = Caltech Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship - surf.caltech.edu
            USGS = United States Geological Survey

            Oh, and Caltech is NOT the same as CalPoly. It's okay, everybody screws this up.

            Caltech = The California Institute of Technology.

            Back on topic: I love the Sam pictures you guys all dig up. It's so great to see the character in action, kicking butt, and showing what girls are capable of. (Harvard President, take a lookie at this...LOL). I haven't seen SG-1 in quite a while now. Can't wait to see what the new season has in store for our favorite fictional astrophysicist.
            Last edited by aeromathlete; 13 April 2005, 04:47 PM.

            Comment


              I've got a question about the episode SETH...


              Here we see our beloved Sam using the ribbon device...the question has specifically to do with that...

              Seth's ribbon device had a personal shield attached to it...something that, before The Nox, Teal'c had never seen before....

              SO, do ALL ribbon devices have a personal shield device on them? Because, to my knowledge, I have never seen anyone - Goa'uld or Tok'ra - use a personal shield device apart from the ribbon device. Are they two parts of the same thing?

              It seems to me then that Sam could have protected herself from Seth's attack using the shield (but then again, she could have zatted him instead of using the ribbon device). Whoa, not going to go there...way to many plot holes in Seth than can be discussed here. (i.e., since Teal'c and Jacob couldn't go in because Seth would sense their symbiotes, why on earth did Sam go in???)

              ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

              Comment


                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                I've got a question about the episode SETH...


                Here we see our beloved Sam using the ribbon device...the question has specifically to do with that...

                Seth's ribbon device had a personal shield attached to it...something that, before The Nox, Teal'c had never seen before....

                SO, do ALL ribbon devices have a personal shield device on them? Because, to my knowledge, I have never seen anyone - Goa'uld or Tok'ra - use a personal shield device apart from the ribbon device. Are they two parts of the same thing?

                It seems to me then that Sam could have protected herself from Seth's attack using the shield (but then again, she could have zatted him instead of using the ribbon device). Whoa, not going to go there...way to many plot holes in Seth than can be discussed here. (i.e., since Teal'c and Jacob couldn't go in because Seth would sense their symbiotes, why on earth did Sam go in???)

                Great questions! That last one was acknowledged (well, we saw the consequences, being he DID sense her symbiote...) But we never did find out why...

                I've also wondered about the ribbon device. Nirrti's invisibility thing doesn't need one, and although that is different from a personal shield, if the goa'uld are so good at stealing other people's stuff/maybe possible actually inventing something for themselves ( ) Then you'd think they would have figured out how to seperate shield and ribbon device... Unless they think that those worthy of a personal shield should be the only the powerful ones who have the ribbon devices?

                But what about rogue people like Aris Boch... who the Goa'uld could still turn around and steal from...

                ack! Plot holes... they're everywhere!

                *grumbles* Well if Sam actually ever USED the thing maybe we could figure out... I mean, if anyone Earthen were to pull it apart to tinker around/figure it out it would be our Sam!!!
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

                ^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Guess the Episode or Add a Caption:

                  Sorry sir, we can't attack the tv station for pre-empting the Simpsons again.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by MajorSam
                    Great questions! That last one was acknowledged (well, we saw the consequences, being he DID sense her symbiote...) But we never did find out why...

                    I've also wondered about the ribbon device. Nirrti's invisibility thing doesn't need one, and although that is different from a personal shield, if the goa'uld are so good at stealing other people's stuff/maybe possible actually inventing something for themselves ( ) Then you'd think they would have figured out how to seperate shield and ribbon device... Unless they think that those worthy of a personal shield should be the only the powerful ones who have the ribbon devices?

                    But what about rogue people like Aris Boch... who the Goa'uld could still turn around and steal from...

                    ack! Plot holes... they're everywhere!

                    *grumbles* Well if Sam actually ever USED the thing maybe we could figure out... I mean, if anyone Earthen were to pull it apart to tinker around/figure it out it would be our Sam!!!
                    Well we know they DID study it some as of Forever In a Day...that the ribbon device worked on emotions of the user which was why Shar'e was able to communicate to Daniel through it.

                    But again, does the shield also respond to emotions or just to the level of force being projected at it? Sam to my knowledge was only speaking of the weapon part of the ribbon device, not the shield...

                    So is my guess correct? That the shields are a part of the ribbon device???

                    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Well we know they DID study it some as of Forever In a Day...that the ribbon device worked on emotions of the user which was why Shar'e was able to communicate to Daniel through it.

                      But again, does the shield also respond to emotions or just to the level of force being projected at it? Sam to my knowledge was only speaking of the weapon part of the ribbon device, not the shield...

                      So is my guess correct? That the shields are a part of the ribbon device???
                      I personally think there's just too much darn missing-info to come to any conclusion... but my guess is that, in the context, those shields are part of the ribbon devices...

                      There's also the thing on the ribbon devices that seem to be the controllers for the Rings as well! (besides wall panel controls)

                      *Wanders off to post in Ask Joe M thread*
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

                      ^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

                      Comment


                        It might have made sense to them to make it an "all in one" accessory.

                        Comment


                          K, I posted this question, really didn't know how to say it, so if any of you have ideas for better'ment, tell me and i'll edit!

                          Originally posted by MajorSam
                          Hey Mr. M! Thanks so much for the amazinness of actually daring to venture on here and answer our Q's, it's so exciting to see a PTB come on and talk to us!!

                          My question: Are the Ribbon Devices and the Personal Shield's actually all that one package, or are they seperate things? We've had a lot of unanswered questions regarding the ribbon device... (including whether the personal shield and Ring Control are actually PART of the device, as well as exactly how they're controled (see Seth, Forever in a Day etc)

                          Plus... Are we EVER going to see Sam make use of her abilities with the Ribbon Device!?!?

                          Thanks so much for your time
                          MSam
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

                          ^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by MajorSam
                            K, I posted this question, really didn't know how to say it, so if any of you have ideas for better'ment, tell me and i'll edit!
                            You asked if we'll ever see Sam use the Ribbon Device...I think you should edit it to say AGAIN.

                            We got to see her kick Seth's butt using the Ribbon Device...so I'd personally LOVE to watch her zap another baddy with the Ribbon Device/ring transporter button/personal shield/brain melter...



                            Actually, I'd expand the question to ask whether or not her royal Samness will be using ANY Goa'uld technology in the future...

                            Last edited by Uber; 13 April 2005, 05:32 PM.

                            ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tara3583
                              I'm going to go for Beatrice as it reminds me of lovely warm Grandmothers and did'nt both Amanda and Alan loose their Grandmothers a while ago? would be a lovely tribute to their Grandmothers if Amanda and Alan gave their daughter a Grandmothers name as Olivia's middle
                              name

                              Just thinking that Olivia is 3 weeks old now, wonder who she looks like, hope Amanda will let
                              us see a photo of her.
                              Yes, yes ... I was thinking the same thing when I posted. I remember reading a lovely tribute that AT posted (somewhere) about losing Alan's grandmother who was a "saint" of a woman. And I bet that the middle name may be in honor of her or one of the moms or grandmoms. And you chose a terrific old-fashioned name ... I couldn't think of any more "B"s when I did the original post ... Beatrice sounds like a contender! Another thought is that Kovacs may be Hungarian and then the "B" may possibly be an Hungarian name re: the grandmother.

                              Okay, just thought of a couple more: Beverly and Brenda.

                              I was imagining that Olivia may be dark haired and resemble her daddy instead of her mommy. Watching some old film of Prince Rainier the other day on the news and I got that idea because the two girls, Caroline and Stephanie, inherited their dad's dark good looks and the boy, Albert, resembled his blonde momma, Grace Kelly.

                              It will be fun to see the baby's photo and, no matter what ... at 9 lbs 4 oz, Olivia will look like an older infant. My son was over 9 lbs and I always felt like he was born "two months old"! So much easier to handle too for a brand new mommy.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                ROTFLOL at "Bean".... Lots of parents call their babies sweetpea, right? I sure hope that if Amanda ever reads any of this that she laughs a lot at the wonderful humor and the great way that many of our 'posters' have at looking at life through 'humorous glasses'.
                                Yes, "sweetpea" and "bean" are big ... we called one of my granddaughters "the bean" for a long time.

                                I think there is a wonderful energy to this thread that reflects back on Amanda's own positive nature and humor. She once said that if people are laughing they tend to be more open-minded. I think we try to do that here and that's why we are able to have some pretty serious discussions without taking ourselves too seriously. It's been a joy to participate in this thread.
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 April 2005, 06:29 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X