Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Boy are we having a busy time for Leo birthdays

Here's a pic of when we all got together to celebrate, boy do Leo's know how to celebrate

Sorry if I missed anyone, but I used the Samandan Birthday list
    Yeah...but I'm a GEMINI.

...and yes, it is all about me...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Yeah...but I'm a GEMINI.

Me too! Gemini's rock.

Comment

POST 6,800!!!!

Thanks Sky for reminding me. Now to go exercise my zat gun!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Really, when it comes to Cameron...

Spoiler:

Cameron is a good guy at heart - he's just not "leader" material. Luckily, they seem to have a collective handle on the guy now. Let's hope that isn't blown to smithereens in the coming episodes, though.
          Spoiler:
          yes. mitchell didn't do anything wrong in 'peg project', but i'm still left with just not liking or wanting the guy around. 75 percent of that is because of how poorly he was written in s9, but that last quarter is my *continuing* resentment of the leadership issue. (on any given day, you can switch those numbers around)

as far as i'm concernced, the first three eps have shown that they've fixed mitchell and vala, but with vala, i like her, with mitchell, i want him gone.

stripping myself bare here a moment... my dislike of mitchell is pretty much the same as how i viewed pete shanahan. pete ruined my sam/jack fantasy, and mitchell is ruining my sam-in-command fantasy. that's basically it in a nutshell.

but my *real* resentment is aimed at the ptb, that MADE this problem to begin with. if the problems the writers had been faced with had been written with *sam's* best interest in mind, instead of the new characters... things would have been faaar different.

btw, popcorn from Target stores is great!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            POST 6,800!!!!

Thanks Sky for reminding me. Now to go exercise my zat gun!
            Congrats TJ on your 6800th post

6800 posts my goodness woman your verbosity astounds me

(It's okay Sal, you already looked that word up )
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It's nothing spectacular, but here's something I was playing with this afternoon. Please be forewarned that it contains spoiler photos of upcoming S10 episodes, so I would advise anyone who does not wish to be spoiled to not hit the link below.

Season 10 Sam Wall

Kat

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS TJ ON YOUR MILESTONE

Comment

Yeah...but I'm a GEMINI.

Oy, now I don't want this to go to your head, (yea right, I think everything goes to Ooooober's head )

But remember how we were talking about dreams....well, I had a really odd one where I was taking some clothes to the cleaners and I started laughing at the sign because it said Aceber's Cleaners, and all I could think of was boy I guess the umlaut didn't work out on their sign either.

How is it your umlauts work thier way into my dreams
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    It's nothing spectacular, but here's something I was playing with this afternoon. Please be forewarned that it contains spoiler photos of upcoming S10 episodes, so I would advise anyone who does not wish to be spoiled to not hit the link below.

Season 10 Sam Wall

Kat
                    Beautiful as always Kat, and I looked at the pics because I don't mind spoilers and I'm glad I did, because Sam just seems to be eminating strength and leadership in those pictures.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Waaay faaar behind on this thread, again, but I just wanted to speak my mind about Pegasus Project.

And you're probably not gonna like it....

Spoiler:
                      I was disappointed with the Sam/Makay parts.
                      I was really hoping for something a little more profound from the two show's top scientists. I didn't like Sam's(or anyone else's for that matter) attitude toward Rodney and I think Rodney would have fought back a little - and rightly so. He was made into the whipping boy and Sam was insensitive as Cam was. She looks familiar but I don't know this woman. To retort to a guy who's just called you a dumb, sexy blonde to "go suck a lemon" is one thing(48 Hours); to assault a guy with a potentially deadly weapon is quite another. Sam should have at least told Cam privately that that was a stupid move on his part.

And speaking of stupid moves, the black hole silliness was just too much for me. Is this the same series that produced Matter of Time?

In my opinion, Daniel owned this ep. His storyline saved it. Oh, and, Teal'c did, too, the little that we saw of him.

Bring back Sam, sure. Give her more lines, sure, but not like this! For this Sam fan, PP was gawd-awful.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Yeah...but I'm a GEMINI.

Yep, but I'm a Virgo as is our beloved Amanda...so that's all that truly matters!

Comment

my thoughts on Season 9 so far:
                          Spoiler:
                          So far we've had five episodes of Season 9 so I'm hoping that next week's episode will be the return of Sam. I'm looking forward to that, even if she does not play a big part yet, because at the moment I just want her back!

The first few episodes haven't been too bad but I also haven't found them anything to rave over. I still wish the new characters had been integrated into the show more slowly, but I guess even over a couple of episodes they are starting to become more of a team.

I feel Vala's character became a little stronger in the last episode, where she stood up against the Ori, and I admit she pulls off some very humourous lines at times, but I still don't think it excuses the way they put so much emphasis on sexual innuendo with her.

As for Cam, I wish they wouldn't try and write him so much like Jack, at least not right from the start of the season. Maybe if he grew to be like Jack through leadership it might work, but I'm just finding that with every comment or action that he makes, I'm seeing a script written for Jack being acted out by someone else. And Teal'c even made a comment at one point that Mitchell reminded him of O'Neill at times, which bugged me a lot. I don't want the new characters to try and replace the original characters. Jonas in season 6 never tried to replace Daniel by being overly similar to him. I loved his character because he wasn't just Daniel played by a different actor.

That said I think both Claudia Black and Ben Browder are very skilled actors.

If anything, I think the characters I'm missing most are General Hammond and Janet. I'm not especially impressed with either General Landry or Lam yet. I suppose over time I'll get used to them. I guess it's just that Hammond and Janet were characters that may not have always been a main part of the storyline, but they were a constant... you knew they were always there in the background and you got to know them and like them as much as any of your main heroes. So yes, it also feels weird to have them replaced.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh considering I haven't seen a lot of this season yet. I guess it's just that there's a lot of change all at once, and I'm grasping after the few small things that still make it feel like SG-1. Whether she's leading or not, I have a feeling that Sam returning is going to make a lot of things a whole heap better .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Happy 6800 posts, TJ!

May feelings of angst, giddiness and "squee" follow you for 6800 more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                              Waaay faaar behind on this thread, again, but I just wanted to speak my mind about Pegasus Project.

And you're probably not gonna like it....

Spoiler:
                              I was disappointed with the Sam/Makay parts.
                              I was really hoping for something a little more profound from the two show's top scientists. I didn't like Sam's(or anyone else's for that matter) attitude toward Rodney and I think Rodney would have fought back a little - and rightly so. He was made into the whipping boy and Sam was insensitive as Cam was. She looks familiar but I don't know this woman. To retort to a guy who's just called you a dumb, sexy blonde to "go suck a lemon" is one thing(48 Hours); to assault a guy with a potentially deadly weapon is quite another. Sam should have at least told Cam privately that that was a stupid move on his part.

And speaking of stupid moves, the black hole silliness was just too much for me. Is this the same series that produced Matter of Time?

In my opinion, Daniel owned this ep. His storyline saved it. Oh, and, Teal'c did, too, the little that we saw of him.

Bring back Sam, sure. Give her more lines, sure, but not like this! For this Sam fan, PP was gawd-awful.
                              Mm you're taking a joke way to seriously.
                              Spoiler:
                              Cam would never hurt Mckay! That scene just shows that Mckay is a chickens*it.It was funny. Plus he was being a pain in the but.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                Spoiler:
                                yes. mitchell didn't do anything wrong in 'peg project', but i'm still left with just not liking or wanting the guy around. 75 percent of that is because of how poorly he was written in s9, but that last quarter is my *continuing* resentment of the leadership issue. (on any given day, you can switch those numbers around)

as far as i'm concernced, the first three eps have shown that they've fixed mitchell and vala, but with vala, i like her, with mitchell, i want him gone.

stripping myself bare here a moment... my dislike of mitchell is pretty much the same as how i viewed pete shanahan. pete ruined my sam/jack fantasy, and mitchell is ruining my sam-in-command fantasy. that's basically it in a nutshell.

but my *real* resentment is aimed at the ptb, that MADE this problem to begin with. if the problems the writers had been faced with had been written with *sam's* best interest in mind, instead of the new characters... things would have been faaar different.

btw, popcorn from Target stores is great!

sally
                                I'm so glad to see you finally admit that Sam/Jack is just a fantasy. Now to work on the rest of the deluded... Muwah ha ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X