Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    ok, i've just discovered the downside to ship day....everyone is over in that thread and poor sammiekins is left all alone
    It's ok Sky...we still luv ya...and all the Samandans too!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I would have been here today to lend my support to fellow non-Sam/Jack Carter-fans, but I was trapped downtown -- literally -- by this: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/28/seattle.shooting/

Last edited by DEM; 28 July 2006, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Saying that, though... under the Air Force frat regs, I believe ALL of SG1 could be pulled up for gambling together, eating out together, having team nights and socials. It doesn't matter that Teal'c and Daniel aren't military; the rules still apply to them as they are on the USAF pay roll.
        So are you saying they can't do anything together...except for work???
        That totally....well you know...isn't fair!!
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          Unfortunately I think AD and stargate princess are all a lot closer to you than I. I'm a NSW Sydney girl. I think the majority of Samanda's Australian percentage is in Vic.
          Uh..nup..you'd be surprised how many live in NSW! We should organise a gathering or something....how many people do you actually know who like Stargate? For me...not many...my kids love it...and 2 of my closest friends love it...but we rarely chat about it coz I'm the overly obsessed one and once you get me started on Stargate you can't shut me up! This sometimes really annoys them.
          I got stuck in a shop the other day chatting to the store owner about Stargate when a young lad...about 15/16 years old...heard us talking then joined in. It was great but we chatted for nearly an hour in the street and I forgot I had the kids with me and they wanted to get home and have something to eat. What I'm trying to say is...it's nice to talk face to face with someone who is just as enthusiastic about Stargate as myself...I love coming to GW but I'm usually replying to old posts coz of the time difference.
          Oh well...that's my ramble for today!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Thanks guys!

{{{ Hugs Samanda }}}
            Hey mini...congrats on your 2000th post...tried to green ya but they wouldn't let me...now that's just not playing fair is it!!!!
            I got my 2000th post in the Ship Day thread!!! WooHoo...so cool huh!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Here is a behind the scene picture from MORPHEUS in spoiler tags just to be safe

Spoiler:
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                I would have been here today to lend my support to fellow non-Sam/Jack Carter-fans, but I was trapped downtown -- literally -- by this: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/28/seattle.shooting/

Oh, DEM! We're sorry! (((((((((DEM))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

(((DEM)))
                  So sorry about that...hope you're ok!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Here is a behind the scene picture from MORPHEUS in spoiler tags just to be safe

Spoiler:
                    Notice that gorgeous smile on Amanda's face? She's always smiling...what an inspiration...I'm gonna smile...even though I'm suffering at the moment...I'm gonna smile!!!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                      Notice that gorgeous smile on Amanda's face? She's always smiling...what an inspiration...I'm gonna smile...even though I'm suffering at the moment...I'm gonna smile!!!!
                      Amanda does have the loveliest smile ever, doesn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

I hope everything's OK DEM. Were you actually around downtown at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Admittedly, I had one too many hard limes before watching it, but I thought this ep was pretty good. Perhaps the best since season 8.

I was trying hard to find things to knock, but really, aside from
                          Spoiler:
                          Daniel's overly righteous rant and the fact that CB's talents were totally wasted (as Vala had very little to do in terms of forwarding the plot)
                          , I didn't find myself needing to poke at its potential problems as much as I have other recent episodes. I thought the concept was interesting, and there were a lot of little details, like
                          Spoiler:
                          the time delay between ships due to the increased gravity, and the lowered voices
                          that spoke of a greater attention to detail than we've seen in a while. I was not expecting much from this ep, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Oh, and I liked Sam's role, too. She was integral to the plot and had some good lines.
                          my ONLY complaint is machomitchell is back.

i must say, i'm just soooooo sick of this character that my teeth grind. and with his and sam's scenes so interlocked... it's hard to fastforward through his parts when they impact sam's as well!

but the rest of the ep was fine. i'm finding myself rather befuddled, though, because on the ep thread, ppl are squeeing a lot. what did i miss?...

the coming attractions for next weeks ep, though, look
                          Spoiler:
                          promising for some sam action!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

...And the results for the Season Six Poll are...

Nightwalkers

with Paradise Lost and Metamorphosis also in the top episodes chosen

Results of Season 6 Poll + posted comments
                            Results of Season 5 Poll + posted comments
                            Results of Season 4 Poll + posted comments
                            Results of Season 3 Poll + posted comments
                            Results of Season 2 Poll + posted comments
                            Results of Season 1 Poll + posted comments

Many Thanks to all who voted

Comment

And the Season 7 Poll is now up and active

Please note that you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
                              but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

Pics that capture your favorite AT acting scene are greatly appreciated too!
                              (A picture is worth a thousand words...)

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season 7 Episode Summaries

>>>Link to Season 7 Poll

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                I hope everything's OK DEM. Were you actually around downtown at the time?
                                Thanks. Yeah, just...

I was 361 feet away. Then streets were closed and it was... h3llish.

Word on the ground was that the gunman has a mental illness and is homeless, but I don't see that mentioned in the news reports at all. Oddly, I didn't hear any talk of "it was an Arab guy".

Comment

Working...
                                X