Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Skydiver
    going by the hair and gun, it's s1 or 2


    i'm guessing cor'ai

    ooh, and ditto on the tidbits for those of us that can't go

    please share all your goodies iwth us living vicariously throughyou
    I will post a report on Monday if it is not to late when I get home -

    I don't think Sam had a hat on in Cor'ai - I could be wrong - I'm not at home were I have pictures and DVD that I can reference - guess we will have to wait for MB to tell us what the answer is on this one!

    You can just make out a little bit of the left shoulder above the gun
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

    Comment


      Originally posted by tsaxlady
      I will post a report on Monday if it is not to late when I get home -

      I don't think Sam had a hat on in Cor'ai - I could be wrong - I'm not at home were I have pictures and DVD that I can reference - guess we will have to wait for MB to tell us what the answer is on this one!

      You can just make out a little bit of the left shoulder above the gun
      You got it...SETH!


      ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

      Comment


        More of the Ultimate Sam-Whumping Fanfiction List. And yes, I will have more after this! But be warned that several of these are Femslash stories (so if that's not your thing, check out the warnings, etc.):

        Whispered Promises by Pink Rabbit Productions
        http://www.altfic.com/subtextfic/sta...isespro1_2.htm
        (femslash)

        Aftermath by ocean gazer
        http://www.altfic.com/subtextfic/sta.../aftermath.htm
        (femslash)

        Lost and Found by buttercup
        http://www.altfic.com/subtextfic/sta...ndfound1_4.htm
        (okay, Janet whumping, but Sam gets to come to the rescue!)(femslash)

        What Really Matters by Tracy
        http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...hatreally.html

        Too Strong by Gail Delaney
        http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...toostrong.html

        Wonderland by cgb

        Down Came the Rain by cgb


        Night Lights by Revvie
        http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ghtlights.html

        The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend by Revvie
        http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch.../theenemy.html

        Prisoners of Ataroth by sharilyn (eggscentric)
        http://www.thealphagate.com/stories/...sofAtaroth.asp

        In the Name of Science by PHO
        http://www.phowmo.com/sgc/novellas/sgitnos.html

        Leap of Faith by Hannah
        http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/2/leapof.html

        Imbroglio by dietcokechick
        http://www.dietcokechic.com/stargate/imbroglio.html

        Forbidden by Julia Reynolds
        http://www.stargatefan.com/fictiondj/forbidden.html

        Trespass by Julia Reynolds
        http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionms/trespass.html

        Lifeline by Suz
        http://www.sjhw.net/suzvoy/lifeline.html

        Before Knowing Remembers by Rocketchick
        http://www.rocketfic.com/fanfic/before_knowing.html
        (femslash)

        Afterimages by Carter
        http://www.carterslab.de/fanfiction/afterimages.htm
        Last edited by Strix varia; 18 April 2005, 07:34 PM.

        My LJ

        Comment


          .
          So Uber, I went back and found even more places in It's Good to Be King where Sam got to be snarky or snide. Here are some pictures and sounds to go with your quotes and the next post will have some new examples.

          Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Is it just me or is Sam turning into Jack? Reference if you will It's Good to Be King...

          ...when she first saw Maybourne as was trying to
          Spoiler:
          warn him of impending doom at the hands of Ares...

          SAM: You know about the Goa'uld?
          MAYBOURNE: Oh yeah.
          TEAL'C: You were warned by the Tok'ra.
          MAYBOURNE: I haven't heard from the Tok'ra since they dropped me off.
          SAM: Then how?
          MAYBOURNE: I can read the future. (Having peeled the guango, he bites into it and makes an appreciative sound. He notices that SG-1 are staring at him in light of the statement he just made.) Really!
          SAM: What are you trying to pull?
          GARAN: He speaks the truth. King Arkhan is a prophet. He foresaw your arrival and the hand you will play in defeating our enemy.
          MAYBOURNE: Garan's right. It's all part of the prophecy!
          (Sam leans down to speak quietly to Harry.)
          CARTER: Maybourne, what the hell is going on here?

          Click here for the audio.


          ...then later Harry
          Spoiler:
          brings SG-1 to the temple remains...

          MAYBOURNE: OK. Here we are. I found this place about, oh, uh, ten months ago when I was on an, uh, afternoon stroll.
          TEAL'C: It is quite a distance from the village.
          MAYBOURNE: I enjoy long walks.
          SAM: Right! Long walks, rainy nights, and candlelit dinners. Why are we here, Maybourne?
          Click here for the audio.
          I totally hear Jack saying those things!!! Is it just me or has she been around Jack for so long his snarkiness has completely rubbed off on her??? I sure hope so because it was great seeing her not play second fiddle to Jack there for a bit...she has real chutzpah!

          I thought it was great and hope to see more of that next season...

          I'm totally with you in hoping that Sam gets to be a smart-a** at least some of the time next season.

          NC

          Comment


            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Is it just me or is Sam turning into Jack? Reference if you will It's Good to Be King...

            ...when she first saw Maybourne as was trying to
            Spoiler:
            warn him of impending doom at the hands of Ares...

            SAM: You know about the Goa'uld?
            MAYBOURNE: Oh yeah.
            TEAL'C: You were warned by the Tok'ra.
            MAYBOURNE: I haven't heard from the Tok'ra since they dropped me off.
            SAM: Then how?
            MAYBOURNE: I can read the future. (Having peeled the guango, he bites into it and makes an appreciative sound. He notices that SG-1 are staring at him in light of the statement he just made.) Really!
            SAM: What are you trying to pull?
            GARAN: He speaks the truth. King Arkhan is a prophet. He foresaw your arrival and the hand you will play in defeating our enemy.
            MAYBOURNE: Garan's right. It's all part of the prophecy!
            (Sam leans down to speak quietly to Harry.)
            CARTER: Maybourne, what the hell is going on here?


            ...then later Harry
            Spoiler:
            brings SG-1 to the temple remains...

            MAYBOURNE: OK. Here we are. I found this place about, oh, uh, ten months ago when I was on an, uh, afternoon stroll.
            TEAL'C: It is quite a distance from the village.
            MAYBOURNE: I enjoy long walks.
            SAM: Right! Long walks, rainy nights, and candlelit dinners. Why are we here, Maybourne?


            I totally hear Jack saying those things!!! Is it just me or has she been around Jack for so long his snarkiness has completely rubbed off on her??? I sure hope so because it was great seeing her not play second fiddle to Jack there for a bit...she has real chutzpah!

            I thought it was great and hope to see more of that next season...

            i know, i loved it! i can't wait till that ep airs again.

            Sam's a great character!!!


            Sally
            sally

            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Strix varia
              More of the Ultimate Sam-Whumping Fanfiction List. And yes, I will have more after this! But be warned that several of these are Femslash stories (so if that's not your thing, check out the warnings, etc.):
              More! :O
              Lucky OD'ing on SamFic is a good thing

              Comment


                More Sam humor in It's Good to Be King

                S
                P
                O
                I
                L
                E
                R
                S
                P
                A
                C
                E

                Still in the scene where Harry is explaining how he can read the future..

                Maybourne: As a result of my translations, I predicted a major flood would destroy the village unless I could convince the elders to move to higher ground.
                Sam: And of course you told them where these predictions came from.


                Click here to listen.

                Next up is the scene when Sam, Daniel and Teal’c find the puddle jumper containing the time machine..

                Sam: Well, I’m guessing it must manifest some sort of energy field that encompasses the entire ship, allowing the traveller to literally fly through time
                Daniel: I wonder ...
                (He reaches out to touch the device but Sam stops him.)
                Sam: Ah! Let’s not touch anything just yet. I’m kinda fond of this era.


                Click here to listen.

                (I can really see Sam channelling Jack here, when she tells Daniel not to touch it. )

                Here's the scene when Jack is flying the puddle jumper toward the mother ship and trying to fire the weapons:

                Sam: You’re doing great, sir ... (the ship jerks around) relatively speaking.
                .
                .
                .

                Sam: Keep firing, sir.
                Jack: Nothing’s happening.
                Sam: Weapons must be depleted. Hopefully you hit some vital systems.
                (A few moments later, the mothership blows up.)
                Jack: Think that was vital?
                Sam: Relatively speaking.





                Click here to listen.

                And finally, Sam's reaction to Harry's admission of polygamy..

                Click here to listen

                NC

                Comment


                  Originally posted by deepspace
                  It just seems a little unfair that Sally had to rep me just to tell me she didn't want her birthday in the list. I feel like I'm being mean to everyone by having them disabled.
                  i like giving out the green, so i would have done that to give you the message anyways.

                  btw, the reason i don't want to give my birthdate is i get embarrassed when ppl acknowledge it. i don't care admitting my age (i'm 41. i think ), but it's the 'happy birthday!' stuff that gets me .


                  sally
                  sally

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Skydiver
                    In years past, i've seen MS face plastered on nude male bodies. Or i've seen AT and RDA's faces placed over a male and female in a clench and other such things. Someone once put fake boobies on one of AT's femme fatale shots, or put RDA's head on a nude male.
                    hey, there's my collection!

                    *runs off*


                    sally
                    sally

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Just to show that some things don't change over the years-


                      Click here to listen.


                      Click here to listen.

                      Maybourne, what the hell is going on here?


                      NC

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by majorsal
                        btw, the reason i don't want to give my birthdate is i get embarrassed when ppl acknowledge it. i don't care admitting my age (i'm 41. i think ), but it's the 'happy birthday!' stuff that gets me .


                        sally
                        OT, but I feel the same way about the "happy birthday" stuff. My best friends and I all feel the same way and have a pact about those restaurants that sing to you and bring a birthday cupcake or whatever on your birthday. Even a free dessert isn't worth the humiliation. We've sworn never to do that to each other. The worst I've seen was a seafood restaurant where the "lucky" birthday person got to wear a lobster hat while being serenaded. And if you can believe it, they had to quit doing that because people kept stealing the hats.

                        NC

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by astrogeologist

                          So... USGS = United States Geological Survey
                          and JPL = Jet Propulsion Lab (which deepspace got correct )
                          CalTech = California Polytechnic University (in Southern California)
                          SURF... aeromathlete will have to fill that acronym in for us
                          and... See Oh Two = CO2 = carbon dioxide

                          SURF fellowship - Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program (I think)
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

                          Comment


                            Wow...I got so wrapped up in Sam stories and pictures today I never really got around to posting on here. A girl decides to take one day off and look at all the fun she misses.

                            P.S I know my sig is from Season8 so if it bothers anyone for being a spoiler please let me know and I'll do a new one. There are just so many cool pictures from season 8 it's hard not to use em.
                            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 12 April 2005, 10:38 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i'll let you guys know if any of hte pics go too far

                              meshing sam and thor isn't quite what the rule was aimed at.

                              In years past, i've seen MS face plastered on nude male bodies. Or i've seen AT and RDA's faces placed over a male and female in a clench and other such things. Someone once put fake boobies on one of AT's femme fatale shots, or put RDA's head on a nude male.

                              many of the times, it's meant innocently, however out of respect to the actors, we've tried to get folks to think a little more about what they're doing. hence the rule

                              all of the manips i've seen in this thread...while a few may be spooky , are still in good taste

                              One time while I was innocently looking on the net for pics of Amanda, I came across an entire site, yes, entire site, of AT...manipulations...

                              Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Has anyone heard yet what Olivia's middle name is? The elusive and mysterious "B"?!

                              Blanche, Bernadette, Bernardine, Betty, Barbara, Bridgit, Buffy (?!), Barbie (?!) .... any guesses? We can guess and see who's right when the name is finally given ... I'm voting for a family name of either a grandmom or great-grandmom. But since I don't know Olivia's family tree ... I'll choose Olivia Bernadette because it has a nice flow to it!
                              I personally think the 'B' stands for MajorSam What do ya'll think!?!?!


                              Regarding this weekend... or rather for me, this Friday... PICS GALORE!!! I'm going to go crazy! I have about 300 on my memory card that I can fill??? For an hour and a half long dinner! *chuckles evilly to self* I hope the "special guests" are ready for some MajorSam Medicine!!!!

                              *is ridiculously excited*


                              Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              OT, but I feel the same way about the "happy birthday" stuff. My best friends and I all feel the same way and have a pact about those restaurants that sing to you and bring a birthday cupcake or whatever on your birthday. Even a free dessert isn't worth the humiliation. We've sworn never to do that to each other. The worst I've seen was a seafood restaurant where the "lucky" birthday person got to wear a lobster hat while being serenaded. And if you can believe it, they had to quit doing that because people kept stealing the hats.

                              NC

                              HAH, about 4 people with me in France/England had birthdays... the rest of us took EVERY opportunity for humiliation

                              Restaurants, the metro, on the double decker buses... we even got a bunch of local English guys to serenade this one girl... it was fantastic. Although I suposse i'm one of the rare people who love when that's done, either by me, or even TO me...

                              Unless it involved Stargate people in some freaky way, lol, which has never happened yet, so... until that day!

                              (Although I suposse i'm in my "unabashed youthful, insane, and proud of it" stage... )



                              (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to all who've given ME hugs and/or jello (mmm...special....) and/or can't rep me, lol. Love ya'll
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

                              ^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

                              Comment


                                Here's a little peak into what I've been working on...


                                This banner is for a super cool Sam project coming up next month! Let me know what you think of it...

                                ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X