Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Don't worry, I won't be barging in on your little party. Enjoy your delusions.
    jckfan (inveterate anti-shipper)
    weeell, all i have to say to that, jckfan, is....

you made me look up what inveterate meant.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
      Ooh don't you have a pic when she says that? I can so imagine how she would say that and that has to be great
      well she might not be perfect but she is close to it
      Haha, I wish I had a pic, but we might have to ask one of our professional photographers if they have one.

And the entire quote is funny, because it was clear that she was going for the humor at that last bit. You can tell she was being sincere with the first bit. And the whole room got a kick out of it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Hmmm... I think you had to be there to get the full effect of the quote. Otherwise, I'm not sure it's nearly as funny. I could be wrong, however.

EDIT: OK, Dani.

She said:

"I'm not perfect. And that's cool..."

(beat)

"Well... I'm pretty perfect."

Thank you! Yeah, I can imagine the way Amanda said that too! Even though I *know* she wouldn't have meant it (she's seemed pretty darn humble and self-effacing to me when I've seen her at cons ) it is kinda true!

After all she's generous, kind, dedicated, passionate about her work, beautiful, funny... she's practically perfect in every way that counts! (but I *didn't* say she was "M*** P******" before anyone gets mad! )
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
          Hi fellow Samandans, I have a quick question. What's happening with the fans' signatures thing that was being planned a while back? Is it still open to add to and, if so, how does one go about getting a signature onto it?

Thanks xx
          PM minigeek

she's the keeper of the artwork and sigs
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And the entire quote is funny, because it was clear that she was going for the humor at that last bit. You can tell she was being sincere with the first bit. And the whole room got a kick out of it, too.
            But it's part of why we love Amanda, right? Because she doesn't think she's as wonderful as she is! It's part of why I admire her anyway. OK, I'll stop gushing about Ms Tapping now because I need to sleep at some point before the sun rises due to the fact that I have a driving lesson tomorrow and sleep is always a good thing to have before those, isn't it?

Goodnight, fellow Samandans! xx
            Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Argghhh , I've been pounced on twice today, I don't know if my back can take it

Thanks everyone
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                PM minigeek

she's the keeper of the artwork and sigs
                Yes! And we needs more signatures! I'm pretty sure Amanda has more than 39 fans out there... I'll be posting another reminder tomorrow, come to think of it. Maybe I'll start posting reminders more often now that it's closer. Might help a bit. Even if people can't scan their comments in, they can send them in an email ([email protected]) and I can put a "handwriting" font on it where absolutely necessary.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                  But it's part of why we love Amanda, right? Because she doesn't think she's as wonderful as she is! It's part of why I admire her anyway.
                  I'm totally with ya on that, AmberLM. For me, it's the fact that she's genuine (which makes for a great role model) - hence the "Dove slogan" aspect of the quote that I kept, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Yes! And we needs more signatures! I'm pretty sure Amanda has more than 39 fans out there... I'll be posting another reminder tomorrow, come to think of it. Maybe I'll start posting reminders more often now that it's closer. Might help a bit. Even if people can't scan their comments in, they can send them in an email and I can put a "handwriting" font on it where absolutely necessary.

mg
                    Yes, I know she has more than 39 fans! I'm gonna do it! I just have to think of what to say. It's so hard!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

... *sniff* only chelle db noticed my 2200th post *blows nose* Thanks chelle
                      http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...hypillboxb.jpg

"Oh Toto isn't it great that Mandy has reached her 2200th post?!"

Comment

This is supposed to be deep and meaningful? Har. Sounds like a Dove soap commercial. *cackle*

mini(the ducking)geek

Hehehe, I mock your Amanda Tapping quote! I mock it! Yes, I do. Mock mock mock!

Ooooh lets print mini's post and some one going to Gabit can give it Amanda with mini's name on it.....muahahahaha
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yes! And we needs more signatures! I'm pretty sure Amanda has more than 39 fans out there... I'll be posting another reminder tomorrow, come to think of it. Maybe I'll start posting reminders more often now that it's closer. Might help a bit. Even if people can't scan their comments in, they can send them in an email ([email protected]) and I can put a "handwriting" font on it where absolutely necessary.

mg
                          if they can't scan them in, they can snail mail them to me and i'll scan them in and e-mail them to MG

come on guys. if y'all can get amanda on top on the celeeb thing, we can round up more than 40 sigs

consider this a challenge.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                            Me too! But it's been fun! And when AT gets 1st, it will be all worth it. My little shippy heart wants RDA second.
                            I'm working my little hands off voting for RDA. I know all our shippy hearts want the two of them together...at #1 & #2!
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                              Yes, I know she has more than 39 fans! I'm gonna do it! I just have to think of what to say. It's so hard!
                              Exactly what is bugging me too. What can I possible write??? When is the deadline?? How long can I think about it??
                              Oooh this is so hard how can you possibly say in a few lines what a great person she is??

Comment

Hmmm... I think you had to be there to get the full effect of the quote. Otherwise, I'm not sure it's nearly as funny. I could be wrong, however.

EDIT: OK, Dani.

She said:

"I'm not perfect. And that's cool..."

(beat)

"Well... I'm pretty perfect."

Yeah and so much of what makes Amanda so amusing is not what she says but rather her facial expressions and body language. So unfortunately a lot of the humour is lost in print. There was one another time during her Q&A when I really thought I was going to lose it. I truly wish I could explain why it was so humourous, but there's really no way to explain what Amanda said or did to make most of us roar with laughter. It will unfortunately be one of those 'You really had to be there moments' and I'm sure my fellow Samandans can attest to that, but man do I wish I had those two moments on camera.

Comment

Working...
                                X