Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linwelin
    Hi, everybody here...

Well, I think it's time for me to come in here with you, as I've long been a Sam fan (since the first episode aired in France, as far as I can remember...).

What decided me are the two following quotes :

I think I've enjoyed season 9 more than lots of you did, I'm ok with the way SG1 has changed... Don't throw tomatoes, please !

Still, I remain a fan of Sam, and even if I don't agree with some of you on a few points, I just wanted to say it.
    Welcome! Don't worry, you are allowed to disagree with us on some points. We all agree on two very important ones. Sam's a great character and Amanda is a great actress. Other than that, we each have our own views. That's a good thing!

Comment

Not sure if I need spoilers, its a caption form S9's Ripple Effect

Spoiler:

Dr.Lee: Ah, come on Col. Carter, its for the team.
      Sam: After what they've done to me, you really expect me, ah us to watch Stargate on SciFi?
      Dr.Lee: *Pleads* But we need the female demographic.
      Sam: Come on Bill, you know we are not that stupid.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Spoiler:

Sam: After what they've done to me, you really expect me, ah us to watch Stargate on SciFi?
        LOL! If that group of women were the female demographic Stargate was trying to impress, Sam would still have her command!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
          Welcome! Don't worry, you are allowed to disagree with us on some points. We all agree on two very important ones. Sam's a great character and Amanda is a great actress. Other than that, we each have our own views. That's a good thing!
          Thanks to all of you for your welcome and green points too . I'm not sure that I'll develop my point of view today, I'm litterally exhauted (the heat, cutting trees, haunting flies, changing two wheels of my mower... ).

But I'm still on holiday for more than a month, so I'll have time to do so !

Spoiler:

Very funny !

L, going back to kill a few more flies !

Comment

Spoiler:
            http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1048/numbersrk9.jpg

LOL and great screencap...how do you get them so good???

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
              LOL and great screencap...how do you get them so good???
              Thanks, and I get the caps from http://www.stargatecaps.com/
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Thanks, and I get the caps from http://www.stargatecaps.com/
                ooh ok I thought you made them yourself. Cause i am wondering how you can clear your own screencaps so they look brighter and sharper. But well will have to look for that in photoshop

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                  ooh ok I thought you made them yourself. Cause i am wondering how you can clear your own screencaps so they look brighter and sharper. But well will have to look for that in photoshop
                  Oh wait a minute, I think I got that one from the janetfraiser fan site? I've had it so long, I can't remember where I got it
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

BIG spoilers for s8

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    How about a new Sam Carter game?

(snipped)

Season 8: The Year of Carter-ship and Alternate Carter (RepliCarter, GeekCarter); Carter in command of SG-1, but that doesn't get much screen time; Carter-ship is overdone (boyfriend Pete storyline goes too far too fast and isn't handled well, Jacob... father-daughter relationship is
                    Spoiler:
                    taken too far with Jacob's death as a sad plot device to further other ship soap in Carter's Season 7/8 life
                    , and add in Sam/Jack ship to the year! Not much (if any) of the competent, heroic Carter from previous years.

i sure saw competent sam in season 8!

what about -

new order(s): sam overcoming torture.

lockdown: sam being taken over by anubis.

icon: sam leading sg1 (and another team) to rescue daniel.

covenant: sam handling the alec colson situation.

endgame: sam being kidnapped and kicking butt.

gemini: sam facing her dark side and being manipulated. very humbling experience.

it's good to be king: sam leading sg1.

reckoning(s): sam leading the mission to wipe out the replicaters.

those were just off the top of my head. i saw a competent sam.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Yeah, me too. Happy people are good for the world. And continued employment for the folks working on the show would be a good thing, too.
                      but we grumble that we're not one of them.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        BIG spoilers for s8

i sure saw competent sam in season 8!

what about -

new order(s): sam overcoming torture.

lockdown: sam being taken over by anubis.

icon: sam leading sg1 (and another team) to rescue daniel.

covenant: sam handling the alec colson situation.

endgame: sam being kidnapped and kicking butt.

gemini: sam facing her dark side and being manipulated. very humbling experience.

it's good to be king: sam leading sg1.

reckoning(s): sam leading the mission to wipe out the replicaters.

those were just off the top of my head. i saw a competent sam.

sally
                        Me, too. She rocked and let's not forget that is the year she was the undisputed leader of SG1! We better classify her as competent. Of course Astro is completely right about Pete, and it was the year of the alternate Carters (I loved them).

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

Ah, little did they know... Too many of us just weren't as bored with the old formula as they were.
                          yes!!

anyone here that knows me knows i'm a HUGE sam/jack shipper. but, i'm an even bigger sam/amanda fan. with that, i've thoroughly enjoyed the years of tapestry the writers have created for sam over the years. until season 9, which was like pulling some of those threads out of the sam tapestry.

i completely adore jack/rda, but he's never been THE draw for me. it's been sam/amanda. so...

enter season 9. THE (supposed to be) year of the sam-daniel-teal'c show. YES, i was going to miss jack/rda, but the reasons for him leaving (daughter), and the fact that i sometimes felt rda not being 100 percent invested in being there... i was ready for that change.

the images and ideas i had in my mind about the stories we'd see... bring in new characters, bring in new enemies, even bring in a new main mission (no more finding tech and exploration as the main theme), but DON'T diminish THE lead character(s) that gave season 8 *the* hightest ratings off all time.

if these ratings are the new norm for this new show, then the number one reason i feel for this change is that the sam-daniel-teal'c lead combo was literally non existant since season 9. there's more reasons for the lowering ratings (if they aren't a fluke), but i think the first and biggest reason is what i stated above. why was season 8's ratings so high, especially in comparison to season 9 and now 10s? to me, they took something too important away. and the question is, why? why???

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                            Yup...I agree with Gate gal. We all vary and have quite different views on lots of different things but we are united in our appreciation for the character Samantha Carter, our enjoyment and support of Amanda Tapping and our cause to try to present our feelings in a kind and respectful way as is befitting our role models of Sam and Amanda.

Welcome to Samanda and I'm glad you enjoyed last year.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              yes!!

anyone here that knows me knows i'm a HUGE sam/jack shipper. but, i'm an even bigger sam/amanda fan. with that, i've thoroughly enjoyed the years of tapestry the writers have created for sam over the years. until season 9, which was like pulling some of those threads out of the sam tapestry.

i completely adore jack/rda, but he's never been THE draw for me. it's been sam/amanda. so...

enter season 9. THE (supposed to be) year of the sam-daniel-teal'c show. YES, i was going to miss jack/rda, but the reasons for him leaving (daughter), and the fact that i sometimes felt rda not being 100 percent invested in being there... i was ready for that change.

the images and ideas i had in my mind about the stories we'd see... bring in new characters, bring in new enemies, even bring in a new main mission (no more finding tech and exploration as the main theme), but DON'T diminish THE lead character(s) that gave season 8 *the* hightest ratings off all time.

if these ratings are the new norm for this new show, then the number one reason i feel for this change is that the sam-daniel-teal'c lead combo was literally non existant since season 9. there's more reasons for the lowering ratings (if they aren't a fluke), but i think the first and biggest reason is what i stated above. why was season 8's ratings so high, especially in comparison to season 9 and now 10s? to me, they took something too important away. and the question is, why? why???

sally
                              Ah, does this mean you're not going to kidnap hogtie hold at gunpoint ask 100 of your friends to watch the show live???
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ah, does this mean you're not going to kidnap hogtie hold at gunpoint ask 100 of your friends to watch the show live???
                                uh, no.

i'm not too proud of the show anymore, so i'm not going to try to 'convert' anyone anytime soon.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X