No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehehe....hey Sunkrux,nice to see you round LOL.....*pats Sunkrux on the back to help un-choke*
    Sorry but every woman is strong,even Carter has gained quite a big attitude,she has that big colonel attitude about her,i can smell it.hehe

SAM CARTER ROCKS!!
    A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
    Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
      There was a time that I did that. I wouldn't dream of planning something on Friday nights when SG-1 was on, even if I was recording it. I absolutely had to watch it first run. Now however, the only reason I'm really watching is for Sam. I like Teal'c and I like Daniel, but the two of them without Sam won't hold my attention, and Mitchell and Vala don't even compete for it. They're there, so I watch them, but I won't watch it just to see them.

Anyways, Friday night I did something I haven't done in probably 5 years. I went to bed and TIVO'd SG-1, because I was tired and couldn't be bothered to stay up and watch it. And then, I didn't actually watch my recording until late Saturday night, because I was busy and forgot that I had it. So since this experiment was so successful, I might actually start having a life on the week-end.

And if SG1 ends with S10, the only reason I'll be sad is because TPTB managed to ruin a perfectly fantastic show and AT will be out of job. But the upside is, that I don't think it will be long before we'll see her in something else.
      similar thnig here. Satellite was out and SFC is premium here so I had to call Mom to tape. I picked it up the following Friday. And as the satellite was still out watched it - with 3 others - during SciFi Friday. I wasn't bothered by missing the season opener. At all. I miss seeing Carter have a decent part though. I've accepted the fact that Carter is little more than wallpaper in the shiny new SG-1 (or I should say "Stargate Command".). I'm not happy and likely won't be watching even as far as 200. Not just because of Carter but because the show now has very little resemblence to the show I liked thru S8. I didn't give Enterprise this long to fix stuff. I've tried. But it's now over. I'm just waiting for the fat lady to start singing.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Great post Kat G

ROTFLMAO to Sky's snark - a classic and I'm out of green for you! Same to Suse a good post and a great last line.

However it has to be said (yes it does) that the writers do know how to write a strong woman. That is the sad thing. They are the same writers who have written some good Sam eps in the past.

IMO they just needed to tone her down to make way for the new guys, to make them look better. I'm wondering if the reduction in the Carter factor in season 7 and 8 was paving the way for a new male lead, by the sounds of it they wanted someone like Ben all along. They wrote Sam so strong seasons 1 to 6that they had to make her a less certain candidate for the leader spot. It worked to a small extent as quite a lot of people made comments about the Sam mistakes and the Pete ship fiasco in seasons 7 and 8.

RDA is not being incorporated into the new show because that would get fans hankering after the good old days again. To be perfectly honest I don't blame TPTB for this, although it is sad for RDA. But he is the one who decided to go and the show has moved on. Still it would be nice if his huge huge contribution to the show was acknowledged by people other than Amanda. I'm still in awe of his perfomance in Brief Candle and Cold Lazarus. Not seen that depth of acting from the new leading man, though I don't think he has been given the quality writing platform to work from.

On the Ben is leader issue. I thought I had read somewhere that the leader issue will be resolved this season. I assume it will not be in Sam's favour. I have seen a number of cover pages in Brit sci fi mags captioning "Ben Browder Leading SG1 into season 10" and writing in the article as though he is the leader. The last 2 issues of the 3 or 4 sci fi mags published here have all had huge promo's of the new season, most wholly focused on BB and CB. I've not seen anything specific about Amanda, apart from a small interview where all the cast had one (nothing new in the interview either) Happily Chris Judge got a huge spread in one, but can't remember if that was the Official Stargate Mag!!

I still haven't stirred the enthusiasm to watch the rest of season 9 yet, that is where I am in my love of the show right now!!

We will have to see if the ratings get better, it is worrying as I think in the last couple of seasons the ratings tended to improve in the second half of the season (am I just imagining this) but with the new scheduling that is suggested, if they have weak ratings in the first half then a long lay off, they may lose even more fans by the time the second half of the season kicks off.

Half of me hopes it will give them chance to right their wrongs. But it may be more likely to pave the way for a spin off after season 10, if sci fi wants a new spin off!!

I still vote for a spin off with Sam leading SG1 getting stranded in some far flung galaxy and spending the next couple of seasons trying to get back. I think they would have to have extra characters with SG1 for a series like this. Perhaps a doctor and another soldier. So it would be a tightly focused team of 6.

I'd vote for

Sam in command, Teal'c (indeed), Daniel or even Jonas, Lam (she has potential from the limited stuff I have seen), Vala (but must be toned down and lose the sex innuendo - keep the snark, sarcasm and unpredictabiliy) and possibly another soldier (male) - 3 males, 3 females

Comment

Edited on wise advice!!
          Last edited by Coley; 24 July 2006, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I have done the same for you Coley and sorry but I did find it a bit rude to the person
            Last edited by RepliCartertje; 24 July 2006, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
              Is this necesarry to post that?? I mean that is something the person send only to you! I mean maybe you can ask it first to the person in question if she doesn't have a problem with it! in stead of just posting that here. I mean if you have a problem with that post or with the person maybe you should send a pm about it instead of posting it here
              and btw on what post did she green(or red) you for that??? cause I don't know the context of that post

Yes you are right, I just fired off!! I shall delete the post!!

Comment

will you do the same RCtje?

Comment

Is everyone ok or do we need to have a little off thread chat in a bit?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have done the same for you Coley and sorry but I did find it a bit rude to the person
                    I found the person's comments very rude to me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      se your pm box Sky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        I found the person's comments very rude to me
                        Yeah ok it was maybe not nice to read but I mean the person has the right of an own oppinion. I mean I did find it a little bit rude to post it here. If you have a problem with it, send a pm to that person in stead of posting it so that everyone can read it. I mean that is just not nice to that person. And I didn't find it that rude actually it was just an oppinion of the person. But I know it is not nice to read something like that, especially when you got probably red with it.

and sorry Sky for the OT but I just wanted to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          Well, it looks like I missed something interesting. Now, we need a new Sam topic to discuss, so here's a question. What existing series would you like to see Amanda join after SG1? (Obviously, we would prefer AT have her own new series. This is just for fun.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                            Well, it looks like I missed something interesting. Now, we need a new Sam topic to discuss, so here's a question. What existing series would you like to see Amanda join after SG1? (Obviously, we would prefer AT have her own new series. This is just for fun.)
                            I'd quite like her to join the cast of Little Britain, or do something very comedic.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Yeah ok it was maybe not nice to read but I mean the person has the right of an own oppinion. I mean I did find it a little bit rude to post it here. If you have a problem with it, send a pm to that person in stead of posting it so that everyone can read it. I mean that is just not nice to that person. And I didn't find it that rude actually it was just an oppinion of the person. But I know it is not nice to read something like that, especially when you got probably red with it.

and sorry Sky for the OT but I just wanted to say that.
                              I didn't get red!

We'll agree to disagree on who is or isn't the rude one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                I'd quite like her to join the cast of Little Britain, or do something very comedic.
                                I agree. I think her comedic talent, especially her timing of delivery is exceptional. A lead role in the next big comedy sit com hit?!!

Anybody got some good ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X