Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Originally posted by deepspace
    Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Horrible horrible stuff happening at home right now. I just want to run into the Great Hall of Samanda and bolt the door behind me.
    Deepspace, many hugs coming your way. And blue jello. Yeah, lots and lots of virtual blue jello.

Hope things start looking up, Deepspace! We miss you around here.
    You and Coley, both.

Comment

Here's another set of my favorite Sam pics...

I think of Agent Dark when I see Hooyah!Sam in these pics.

and... just for the fun of making quiet reference to prior posts and comments...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        And ringing in Maybourne's ears would be... Sam' words to Maybourne
        - click to listen to NC's audio clip
        ...hopefully they will haunt him for a good long while
        Astro, thanks for posting NC's clip. That really completes the pic!

Comment

I had originally made this as a new sig but decided after I was finished that it probably wouldn't be nice seeing as it had season 8 spoilers in it. Guess I'll have to wait a while to use it, but I liked it so much I decided to post it anyway.

Hero
          Warning it does have spoilers for Threads and Reckoning II

Kat

Comment

*Love it*, Kat! I downloaded it and made it my desktop background! (Also love the 'Live Like You Were Dying' from Tim McGraw's song - absolutely great lyrics... and suddenly going fishing wasn't such an imposition... )

LOL I had actually thought about putting a fishing scene on here but I try to keep my shippy comments and pictures to a minimum on this thread to be polite to our non-converted friends

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I had originally made this as a new sig but decided after I was finished that it probably wouldn't be nice seeing as it had season 8 spoilers in it. Guess I'll have to wait a while to use it, but I liked it so much I decided to post it anyway.

Hero
              Warning it does have spoilers for Threads and Reckoning II

Kat
              Beautiful, Kat!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                Here's a little manipulation of the first of Monday night's episodes (and in honor of one of our Top Episodes from Season Three).

Daniel: Did she just leave?
                Jack: Yes, Daniel, she walked away.
                Maybourne: I may be an idiot, but I can still see her. Uhh, I think I can, maybe.

And ringing in Maybourne's ears would be... Sam's words to Maybourne
                - click to listen to NC's audio clip
                When you say a 'little manipulation'... did you photoshop Sam...out? of this pic? If so, then you did a fantastic job of photoshopping, because it certainly doesn't look like she was ever in the shot!

Comment

Guess the episode

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Guess the episode

evolution 2, right before the SS sends her flying
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      evolution 2, right before the SS sends her flying
                      Grin, guess that one was just too easy or you are just too damn good at this.
                      Great Job.

Comment

NAME THAT EP/NAME THAT SCENE:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

When you say a 'little manipulation'... did you photoshop Sam...out? of this pic? If so, then you did a fantastic job of photoshopping, because it certainly doesn't look like she was ever in the shot!
                          Yup, Sam disappeared from her place at the table. Here's the original capture....

...and then she walked up the stairs in the background.
                          Last edited by SamFan31; 12 April 2005, 01:26 PM.

Comment

strix: Deepspace, many hugs coming your way. And blue jello. Yeah, lots and lots of virtual blue jello.
                            astrogeologist: Hope things start looking up, Deepspace! We miss you around here.
                            You and Coley, both.
                            Thanks guys. I've also had a cold or flu these past few days... I guess I've been using that as an excuse to lie in bed in a lazy depression. I don't know.
                            It sounded to me like majorsam's been having a rough time of RL too. She mentioned a funeral . Doesn't sound good.
                            But I'd like to thank majorsam for the very long post she wrote (the 5 or something pages one in MS Word?). I loved it. I found myself nodding and agreeing with just about everything she said. Great post, and I'd give rep, but it won't allow me, probably because she was the last person I've repped for quite a while. I need to get my jello out sometime and give you all some, gee you've all deserved it for everything you've been posting here.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

aeromathlete: But I do have another honest-to-God awesome real-life (as real as fiction can be) reason why Sam is such a great character. She inspires real-life girls (like me) to pursue scientific careers and to work hard to get into tough colleges and do research. So, in some sense, I think I can thank the Sam character for getting me my new research position this summer at NASA JPL.
                              astrogeologist: Good to hear from you aeromathlete! And congratulatons on the summer position! Will you be working at the JPL in the LA/Pasadena area?
                              aeromathlete: Yep. It's not too much of a stretch from my current situation. I'm a student at Caltech right now, so I got a SURF fellowship.
                              astrogeologist: Cool! I got to work with the USGS at CalTech for the summer between my B.S. and M.S. Spent half of every day at the USGS across the street and the other half of every day working in the Seismo Lab at Cal Tech. They let me join their summer softball team - even got a hat... orange!... with a seismogram 'logo' on it. Was completely blown away one day when I got up and saw... the mountains! It had rained or some such the day and night before... and suddenly the air was... clear... and... who knew? that there were 4000'-or-so mountains literally right up against the town? Quite a dramatic change in topographic relief.... when you can see it (which is rare). I always wonder what that one summer in Pasadena did to my lungs!
                              Hmmm... have gone way off topic... which is Sam... so I'll curtail my little trip down memory lane, and just send you the best of wishes, aeromathlete! You Go Girl!
                              Oh wow. Wow, wow, wow. *jaw agape* You must be pretty amazing aeromathlete. You got a summer research position at NASA JPL!!? I am really happy for you! It just… makes me feel so ordinary and unimportant in comparison. I don't see myself ever doing anything like that. And astrogeologist, you did amazing stuff too by sounds of it. I know it's all off topic (well, not totally) but I love hearing about it.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

sky: it would be cool if they drafted fan fic writers, but joe has repeatedly said that they don't and can't read it
                                what is cool is that they have a chance for the novels (still waiting for word by the way)
                                ah, yes, I think I read in my Stargate magazine (yes, I got my very first Stargate magazine last week ) that... is it Fandemonium?... books is publishing Stargate books, I assume, written by fans. I was wondering if I would ever see one written by any of you guys.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X