Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Amanda: "Right so that's one offer for a TV film need to meet Director over lunch next tuesday, one offer for a lead in a network series, one audition for a movie in LA. Michael, are you keeping up with this?"

Michael: "Uuuh...yeah, this P.A. job you've given me is harder than I thought it would be. I think you've double booked now for tuesday, lunch with RDA".

Amanda: "Ahh yes, we're discussing the option of doing another show together..."
    LOL! Brilliant!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
      Hey Samandans! Can I have your attention please?!

I have an idea that might help cheer us all up. I snurched this idea from another fandom I'm on and well I thought it could be fun to see what you all would say.

Ready to play Let's Pretend?

Here's the game: Say that Amanda is having a hard time deciding what scenes as Sam to put on her demo/promo reel as she's getting ready to send it off to various casting agents and such looking for the next great role. She comes to you and asks for your input. What scenes from SG1 as Sam would you put on her demo/promo reel?
      Just adding,

the little snippet in The First Commandment when Daniel and she are discussing the Air Force meals

Various scenes from Fire and Water

The scene where she is in the infirmary with Daniel after Sha'ree is killed in ?????

Various scenes from A Matter of Time

Various scenes from 1969

etc, etc - and just to show how differently she can play Sam - the opening scene in Chimera, The opening scene in space race, The scene fighting the replicators in Enemies, The Scene with Cassie in the Playground - Singularity, The Scene with cassie in the infirmary playing chess in Rite of Passage, The scene she leads SG1 in season 8 and snarks a bit at Reynolds, The scene in Hero's part 2 where she cries on Teal'c shoulder, The scene at Felger's house in Avenger 2

Oh the list is endless - it would take ages to make an edited highlights reel - just so much wheat and no chaff whatsoever!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        TPTB are still trying to steer RDA away from SG-1. And truthfully, without him, the show never would have gotten off the ground and I wouldn't have gotten to see Amanda and watch her work effortlessly and beautifully with him.

So the new viewers don't see how good the characters work together???

So's not to increase the old fans hankering after the SG1 of old?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
          Aw, see. And I used to like you.
          Don't worry ... I redeem myself in my fanfic!

Comment

Just adding,

Various scenes ...

etc, etc - and just to show how differently she can play Sam - the opening scene in Chimera, The opening scene in space race, The scene fighting the replicators in Enemies, The Scene with Cassie in the Playground - Singularity, The Scene with cassie in the infirmary playing chess in Rite of Passage, The scene she leads SG1 in season 8 and snarks a bit at Reynolds, The scene in Hero's part 2 where she cries on Teal'c shoulder, The scene at Felger's house in Avenger 2

Oh the list is endless - it would take ages to make an edited highlights reel - just so much wheat and no chaff whatsoever!!
            Yes, I don't think we've ever been disappointed when Amanda is in a scene - she has such presence! Wonderful metaphor, Coley! She's the real thing!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Time for a picture.
              Amanda: "Coley, so how are the sales of Stargate Concentration going?" .......... " What was that fastest selling card game in UK history?"

Michael: "Wow, Amanda, great tip off, from the share capital we both put in.... lets see...., we don't need to worry about a season 11 at all. Who's gonna be the first to put a whoopie cushion on The Boy Coop's chair?"

Amanda "Errr, I think that's Chris' area of expertise!"

Comment

Amanda: "Coley, so how are the sales of Stargate Concentration going?" .......... " What was that fastest selling card game in UK history?"

Michael: "Wow, Amanda, great tip off, from the share capital we both put in.... lets see...., we don't need to worry about a season 11 at all. Who's gonna be the first to put a whoopie cushion on The Boy Coop's chair?"

sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

My gosh, what have you been drinking?!! You are just brilliantly funny tonight!

Methinks it's past your bedtime though ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    My gosh, what have you been drinking?!! You are just brilliantly funny tonight!

Methinks it's past your bedtime though ...

Badger's Golden Champion

It is! I'm off to take spotty dog for a walk

I was awaiting 1speed's caption, but he needs a few more sups of Ardbeg I think!!

Take care everyone!!

Comment

So the new viewers don't see how good the characters work together???

So's not to increase the old fans hankering after the SG1 of old?!!!
                      Yes and yes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Time for a picture.
                        Sam: No Sir, I’ve tried everywhere you suggested, but still can’t find that new game Daniel wanted for his Gameboy. And to tell you the truth Sir, I’m starting to get sick of his sulking - can’t you just send him on a mission somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          no, they won't blame rda. they will blame us, the fans that just can't accept change and couldn't apprecaite the fantastic show they make
                          Unofficially, that'll be the excuse they use amongst themselves but if they want people to keep watching Atlantis, they won't blame the fans publicly.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          even brad is laying the groundwork for its cancellation with his comment in his interview about how the the show could have lasted longer had it been rebranded (ie changed its name)

all of their interviews for the past couple of months have hinted at or laid the groundwork for excuses when the show gets canned
                          And at the beginning of Season Nine, the show was going to go on for years, had had a new lease of life, etc.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I have to say about one bit of your post Bink - even if the do try to change the show back, they will be hard pushed to win back viewers. Once their lost and have got interested in other shows, not all that easy to bring them back on board!!
                            The way I see it, the longer somebody has been watching a show, the more drastic a downturn it has to take to get them to stop watching. If you get attached to the characters in the early seasons, odds are you're going to care about them and want to know how the story turns out, even if there is a slight decline in quality over the years.

Based on the ratings for Seasons Eight and Nine, an average of almost three hundred thousand viewers, some of whom may well have been watching the show since Day One, stopped watching. The more people started watching in Season Nine, the higher the number of lost viewers.

I'm sure that most of those who stopped watching weren't expecting Season Nine to be identical to it's predecessors and would have stuck with the show despite the changes to cast and storyline had those changes been well handled.

I'd say that it is difficult to drive a longterm fan to stop watching, but harder still to win them back, even if TPTB were prepared to make the changes necessary.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              The way I see it, the longer somebody has been watching a show, the more drastic a downturn it has to take to get them to stop watching. If you get attached to the characters in the early seasons, odds are you're going to care about them and want to know how the story turns out, even if there is a slight decline in quality over the years.

Based on the ratings for Seasons Eight and Nine, an average of almost three hundred thousand viewers, some of whom may well have been watching the show since Day One, stopped watching. The more people started watching in Season Nine, the higher the number of lost viewers.

I'm sure that most of those who stopped watching weren't expecting Season Nine to be identical to it's predecessors and would have stuck with the show despite the changes to cast and storyline had those changes been well handled.

I'd say that it is difficult to drive a longterm fan to stop watching, but harder still to win them back, even if TPTB were prepared to make the changes necessary.
                              Ah... well. I'm almost watching Stargte since day one and it wasn't difficult for me to stop watching after S8. But maybe it was easier for me because they're not showing the recent eps here. We only got til the end of S8 so...

But now I want to see S10 so that means I have to go through the eps of S9.
                              And it's true I except more from TPTB but I don't get my hopes up.

The moment Sam and Amanda are getiing what they desserve I'm happy! But that seems to be diffucult for TPTB to achieve. Because they have more central characters now!

Comment

y'know what i find saddly funny. in season 4 they recognised that they made a mistake with the introduction of anise and the hoped for seven-of-nine-effect. it didn't work, they got rid of the character (without forgeting she ever existed) and they said, ok that was a mistake, moving on.

times change huh?

as of season 10, its not to late to revert back to what works. they could
                                Spoiler:

have mitchell and vala just blend in the way jonas did in season 6, they could put the original 3 back up into the foreground along with the new characters. they could deal with sam becoming leader by cameron admitting to his mistakes of the past after making a new one and saying something along the lines of "i'm sorry general, but i think i need more time serving on sg-1 before i'm ready to lead it".

they could fix what has gone wrong if they were willing to admit that it hasn't been recieved by fans the way they'd hoped. they did it before. unfortunately for whatever reason they just don't seem to be the same people we admired back then. *shrug* ah well, it was great while it lasted.

it would be fantastic to see sam and teal'c (and daniel, but he hasn't been pushed to the background as much) more involved, and being the heroes that we know they are. i'll stop now before i go too off topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X