Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Nope. And these days, with the way things have been handled, I doubt they'd even bother to ascend her.

On the other hand, I'm curious as to how I'd respond if they decided to go the dead-for-good route. This poor forum and anyone who got in my way, that's all I have to say.

*hands SPAZ some chocolate then quickly gets out of her way

I don't think...ok I'd like to HOPE that the B@B aren't THAT sadistic! I can see it now...

News Anchor: Uh this is Poppy Tart and I'm live in front of Bridge Studios in Burbry (sp?) Canada where a gazillion fans of Amanda Tapping, calling themselves the Kingdom of Samanda, have gathered bearing buckets of tar, feathers and other forms of torture. They are chanting and calling out for some "Boys at Bridge" to come out and face the music. Why are these throngs of fans here?

Apparently the "Boys at Bridge" as the production folks are called by fans, have made the decision to permanently kill of the most beloved character on the scifi show, SG1, Lt. Col. Samantha Carter. Her loyal fans have come to settle the score. More at 11 p.m.

Back to you Bob.
    end transmission
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
      *hands SPAZ some chocolate then quickly gets out of her way

I don't think...ok I'd like to HOPE that the B@B aren't THAT sadistic! I can see it now...

News Anchor: Uh this is Poppy Tart and I'm live in front of Bridge Studios in Burbry (sp?) Canada where a gazillion fans of Amanda Tapping, calling themselves the Kingdom of Samanda, have gathered bearing buckets of tar, feathers and other forms of torture. They are chanting and calling out for some "Boys at Bridge" to come out and face the music. Why are these throngs of fans here?

Apparently the "Boys at Bridge" as the production folks are called by fans, have made the decision to permanently kill of the most beloved character on the scifi show, SG1, Lt. Col. Samantha Carter. Her loyal fans have come to settle the score. More at 11 p.m.

Back to you Bob.
      end transmission
      Haha! Nice.

Well, now that you mention it, I figure we could let the Shipper Penguins do all the work for us, if we pay them a decent wage.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        We need more voters for Amanda at celeeb.

You have to register now, but you don't have to fill in numbers that often.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
        Oh, and this is interesting. First, "Are you human?" and now they want my life story. You guys all realize that AT's fans (and basically sci fi fans in general) are probably the ones that caused this, right?

OK, just checking.

Comment

They probably can't believe we actually sit there voting for long periods of time without cheating. But we are dedicated to our Queen.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            I don't mind whump, I just don't want to see Sam die, not if she's going to stay dead.
            Well they managed to kill Xena and Gabby several times and bring them back... I think they only did what they did in the last episode, because they knew it was the end, they were tired of doing the show and wanted to move on. I don't necessarily want to see Sam die and stay dead, but even the guys at Bridges have killed Sam once or twice. Thankfully, she's always been revived.

Summary of personal opinions regarding Sam and Whumpage.

Whumping Sam - Good.
            Killing Sam & Not Reviving Her - Very Very Bad.

Comment

Haha! Nice.

Well, now that you mention it, I figure we could let the Shipper Penguins do all the work for us, if we pay them a decent wage.
              I hear they will work for sardines!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I hear they will work for sardines!
                yeah, but i'm pretty sure we can hire oompah loompah's for less than minimum wage. the only problem is they tend to burst into song sometimes. but the penguins are dedicated too, but they'll only get the job done if the result guarantees s/j ship. now for me this isn't an issue, but i understand not all samandans would endorse that, so maybe we should hire oompah loompahs, put up with the songs, and maybe they can ride into battle on emu's or something.

Comment

Oh, and this is interesting. First, "Are you human?" and now they want my life story. You guys all realize that AT's fans (and basically sci fi fans in general) are probably the ones that caused this, right?

OK, just checking.
                  I think that there was a group that actually used the message board to swap tips on how to cheat. I thought that switching all five buttons around was the best approach - somebody who set up an autovote system might actually end up voting for the competition.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Using spoiler tag! This is a cap from the S10 commercial that AT was in with the vending machine. Ignore this if it's already been posted. Also, have pics from the True Science special been posted? I don't want to repeat anything.

Spoiler:

Comment

Summary of personal opinions regarding Sam and Whumpage.

Whumping Sam - Good.
                      Killing Sam & Not Reviving Her - Very Very Bad.
                      I am right there with you, Kat. I don't want to say that I "enjoy" watching Sam being whumped (that just sounds wrong), but I do enjoy those episodes because they tend to be more exciting and like some of you said, they keep me on the edge of my seat and in front of my TV.

Also, it gives the actor something different to work with. They can stretch their acting muscles a little bit. Not surprisingly, some of my favorite episodes are actually the ones where Sam has to suffer a little bit, like Death Knell or Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know. I find it very intriguing to watch AT perform in those kind of episodes. And that goes for all the actors, really.

Now, Sam being dead for good is just something I cannot wrap my mind around, not even if it's at the end of the show. If the show ends or AT decides to leave before that, I'd like to see Sam move on to "bigger things", like take command of one of the ships. This I think would be a great tribute to the character and the right way to keep her alive in our minds and the SciFi universe.

BTW - Sunny, I loved your scenario, too funny and I would so be there. Let's hope for the sake of the B@B that that is never gonna happen.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55

Captions?
                        Originally posted by Coley
                        Sam: "What?! Cam is going to lead SG1?

Daniel: Thinks - Bring back General Hammond

Teal'c: Thinks - I'm gonna stay away from Sam for a while
                        Sam: You've got to be....
                        Daniel: ...kidding me
                        Teal'c: Indeed.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          yeah, but i'm pretty sure we can hire oompah loompah's for less than minimum wage. the only problem is they tend to burst into song sometimes. but the penguins are dedicated too, but they'll only get the job done if the result guarantees s/j ship. now for me this isn't an issue, but i understand not all samandans would endorse that, so maybe we should hire oompah loompahs, put up with the songs, and maybe they can ride into battle on emu's or something.
                          NO OOMPAH LOOMPAS!! They're evil...evil I tell you...and have really POOR fashion sense!

Peguins are better dressers.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                            Now, Sam being dead for good is just something I cannot wrap my mind around, not even if it's at the end of the show. If the show ends or AT decides to leave before that, I'd like to see Sam move on to "bigger things", like take command of one of the ships. This I think would be a great tribute to the character and the right way to keep her alive in our minds and the SciFi universe.
                            I could live with that. It's hard enough to read a fanfic where Sam dies, but you know it's not "real" so you can cope.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                              NO OOMPAH LOOMPAS!! They're evil...evil I tell you...and have really POOR fashion sense!

Peguins are better dressers.
                              yeah, but trust me, it takes a high salary to keep them dressing in those suits.

Comment

Speaking of other dimensions/universes and timeframes...
                                Spoiler:

Does anyone have a clue what episode Amanda is referring to where she said Sam is lost and alone in another universe? I don't recall hearing any spoilers about this episode.
                                No clue, but I can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X