Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    So, because you think the ep was better than anything we had last year, I'm supposed to "hold off" critiquing any weaknesses that I perceived?
    Why did you have this is spoilers?
    Well didnt sound like anyone was trying to stop you from critizising. Critic away I say. The bold letters where a bit much, no?! Well that's just my opinion.

Later, kes.
    Not sure I'm avalable (sp) later. Have to check my squedual(sp).

Comment

What are you on about, Kes? Are you barking up different trees in rotation?
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        What are you on about, Kes? Are you barking up different trees in rotation?
        Glad I'm not the only one completely confused at this point.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I'm not on about nothing (or is it anything?!Anything sounds better.) Why?
          Last edited by kes; 16 July 2006, 01:45 PM.

Comment

i've been *very* down recently (blame the meds i've been on more than anything), but i'm ready to give my review of 'flesh and blood'.

Spoiler:
            it was alright. not bad, but nothing grand.

i'm *very* glad to see that they wrote mitchell as an effective leader. i'm not glad, though, that he's still the leader. i'm going on record here to say that it'll *always* effect the way i see him because of the leadership issue. BUT, if he's going to be the leader, write him well and respectable.

vala wasn't bad, but i saw last season that they'd worked on her.

i was very surprised that daniel came into the story so late into the ep. (he's like rda -most men- that he's gotten better looking with age)

please stop writing teal'c getting tortured. please. writers, please let teal'c be more than the alien. let him grow *beyond* that. maybe chris likes being wallpapered, but i don't like teal'c being the token alien that they never 'really' change.

i felt this dread seeing bra'tac... he was kind of weird in the ep... why do i see a skull and crossbones over his head?

adria was alright. i'm not interested in that storyline (or i might have warmed to it more if they hadn't had it start out as a baby).

last, but not least, my precious sam... the number one thing that was going through my mind while watching the ep was... sam's part, her floating out in space, waiting to be rescued... before season 9, just that part of the story alone would have been a major plot point of the ep. but with soooooo many ppl being in the cast now, it wasn't highlighted the way i wanted. and that's sad, and i feel it's the way things are going to be now. i wonder if sam will ever, EVER have another 'grace' type storyline again?...

as for the story itself; like i said, it was alright. i wasn't in a very good state of mind while watching it, so i'm sure on a second view, i'll enjoy it more. BUT, i'll be fast-forwarding through many scenes to get to the sam scenes. i'd never have done that before season 9 (or not as a rule, depending on what the story was). *my* stargate is over and done. i have to get used to this. but i fear i won't. on some days, i just want this show over with. i might be *still* getting my sam/amanda fix, but she's been watered down and is no longer the big highlight she used to be... or maybe things will change. *shrugs*

<i'm still on those blasted meds, so please excuse the down attitude>

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

spoilers for s10's 'flesh and blood'

Spoiler:
              I may not love this new Daniel, but I can certainly understand why he's changed; however, what is up with Mr. Excitement? Last year, Mitchell thought everything was cool and now after one big loss and he seems really down. I don't like seeing my team look as if they have emotionally given up. Yeah I heard Mitchell say he'd fight till his dying breath, but that fire didn't reach his eyes. It just didn't seem believeable to me. Which is why I really don't like the Orii storyline...it's just too dark anymore. If I wanted to watch dark, I'd watch BSG. Gimme back my SG-1. :
              Spoiler:
              when i heard him say that... please excuse the *very* snarky response, but oh, how i wanted that to be foreshadowing!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                I used to make dolls houses out of the boxes - more often than not, for my old doll rather than the new one and sometimes collages out of wrapping paper.
                I bet Sam was the type of kid who made houses & cars & rocket ships for her dolls (Mjr. Matt Mason doll, you know) out of shoe boxes etc.

Comment

thank you.

but PLEASE, if you come across any of amanda and rick together, PLEASE post those too!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    I bet Sam was the type of kid who made houses & cars & rocket ships for her dolls (Mjr. Matt Mason doll, you know) out of shoe boxes etc.
                    Definitely. She was probably one of those kids who took toys apart to see how they worked.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Glad I'm not the only one completely confused at this point.
                      i'm always confused.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        i'm always confused.

sally
                        Ya. The forum needs a blinking smiley. He illustrates better the confused state. I couldnt find one. And the rolleyes doesnt even rolls its eyes
                        Plus they're really small.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          thank you.

but PLEASE, if you come across any of amanda and rick together, PLEASE post those too!
                          sally
                          Sally,

Saw this link in another thread (courtesy of ValaCB)

http://www.celebrityphoto.com/script...&year=&start=0

3 Pages of pics (can't enlarge them unless you're a member or something). Didn't see any of AT and RDA along although there are several of RDA and Wylie (very cute). And more group pics. Several more of AT.

Very amusing that they totally have MS and BB mixed up in the captions.

Watch out for monkey woman on Pg 3!
                          Last edited by keshou; 16 July 2006, 03:10 PM.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                            Ya. The forum needs a blinking smiley. He illustrates better the confused state. I couldnt find one. And the rolleyes doesnt even rolls its eyes
                            Plus they're really small.
                            Hi kes! Did a double-take when I saw your name. I used to be "kes" when I first joined the forum and then switched to "keshou".

Got all confused there for a minute (doesn't take much!)

Welcome.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by keshou

there are several of RDA and Wylie (very cute).
                              Look! Daughter Wylie is wearing ¡PINK!

thanks for passing that along, keshou.

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                                Sally,

3 Pages of pics (can't enlarge them unless you're a member or something). Didn't see any of AT and RDA along although there are several of RDA and Wylie (very cute). And more group pics. Several more of AT.

Very amusing that they totally have MS and BB mixed up in the captions.

Watch out for monkey woman on Pg 3!
                                Wylie is SO adorable! And yep, MS and BB got very mixed up in the captions.

Of course, AT looked as lovely as ever. Love that Stargate with the palm trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X