Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    Thanks tsax.

    I truly take my hat off to her and the uberbusy schedule she's running - spending all of last weekend with all us fans at SL, then flying back out Tuesday to hop on over to LA on Thursday. Hope she's able to spend some quiet time with her family before the show's short hiatus is over this week.
    One can only hope that the support she received from fans at SL will give her a big morale boost for the 2nd half of the season push. "whatever they're writing for Sam, we still love you"

    Comment


      New interview with Brad Wright on the main page of GW full article

      Here is a little highlight

      GW: So it sounds like a five-person SG-1 team? Can you put to rest the fears of some fans that Sam is being replaced?

      BW: Oh, Sam is not being replaced, no. Not at all. The way it's going to work is that because we have more people the dynamic is just going to shift every now and then. Carter may end up being in an Atlantis or two, and Daniel is only in 16 out of 20, so even then, now you're getting down to far fewer numbers where we have all five cast members -- well, six including Beau, of course.

      Spoiler:
      And the "Pegasus Project" story involves Daniel in Atlantis. This is where he's always wanted to go -- with Vala. And it puts David Hewlett as McKay back with Carter, which is particularly fun after the events of "Grace Under Pressure." There's a little scene I wrote that speaks to that which is, hopefully, very funny.


      For those that wonder/ask do TPTB read the forum...

      BW: I'm always surprised by how fans respond to the show. I guess I would say we are still trying to make the best show we can. Even after all these years, we're still here, and we're still doing our best.

      I got a little disheartened last year as I read fan things on your forum, or about Season Nine. All the changes. Some fans just didn't buy it. And I get mail, and occasionally I'll open one or two, looking for some smart criticism.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

      Comment


        Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Oh, there's one thing I wanted to ask of the people who were awake and on the Sci Fi site about 12 hours ago... Did anyone notice that there appeared to be a promo for Morpheus up there alongside the new pics?

        I was on dial-up at the time, so I didn't even bother. However, now that I'm on DSL, I can't find it anymore. Do you think they took it down, because it was put of there by mistake?

        I ask because...

        Spoiler:
        ...there was a pic of Sam and Daniel looking not-so-fantastic, and it was cute. I remember that Mallozzi mentioned a cool scene or two between them, so I'm interested to see how it works out, since we haven't had a lot of Sam/Daniel stuff in a LONG time.
        I watched it and it was definitely from Morpheous, [some really exciting scenes were shown with Sam and Daniel], but was mis-titled Flesh and Bone. When I went back later it was gone, so I think they did pull it because it was advertising it was the episode coming on tonite.

        Comment


          Originally posted by tsaxlady
          For those that wonder/ask do TPTB read the forum...

          BW: I'm always surprised by how fans respond to the show. I guess I would say we are still trying to make the best show we can. Even after all these years, we're still here, and we're still doing our best.

          I got a little disheartened last year as I read fan things on your forum, or about Season Nine. All the changes. Some fans just didn't buy it. And I get mail, and occasionally I'll open one or two, looking for some smart criticism.
          Well, Brad, we got a little disheartened as well. And by the way, there's a lot of smart people with some smart criticism on this forum. A LOT.

          Comment


            Originally posted by tsaxlady
            Cliff Simon and Gary Jones are going to be at Avatar Presses both signing autographs for those that go to Comic Con.
            tsax - *gets on hands and knees begging Please, please, pretty please if Cliff takes off his shirt again...get a GOOD shot of it for me. The ONE I got in Vancouver SUCKS!

            *wanders off drooling and suddenly finds herself looking up at the ceiling
            mmmmmmmCliff

            That is all.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

            Comment


              Originally posted by LaCroix
              If I recall correctly there have been two female writers in the past. I had to go to imdb for a re-fresh. One was Katharyn Powers (1998-2003) and Heather Ash (1999-2001).

              To me it's sad to say in 10 years only two female writers out how many male writers?
              Interesting, I thought the first 5 seasons were the best. I will say 6 was pretty good also, but I wonder if a female writer would have helped Sam's character in 7. I doubt another woman would have written Pete the stalker. We may have gotten a believable love intrest instead (or better yet none at all).

              Forever SG1, I couldn't green you, but great post! We do need to give the PTB some props today. Ten seasons is a big deal for any genre, but especially for scifi. Even the seasons that weren't quite great are far better than average. Stargate is a series I feel safe letting my family watch, and that is a rare for me. Most of the time, our t.v. has to stay on the kid channels to protect their innocense. It is great to have Friday night scifi (even if I have to mute the commericials) as family t.v. night! Thank you PTB!

              Comment


                Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                Well, a while back, we had a cat named Samantha(this was WAY before SG). She was very pretty, but a dog killed her...

                So a while later we found a cat that sort of reminded my family of her and we named him Sammy in her honor. We still have Sammy, but a stray has come up. We're pretty sure it's a girl(she's still just a baby!). I can't name her by myself. It's a family cat, so everyone's got to agree. She's a little tabby kitty with black, white, gray, and orange. She's very pretty.
                I thought tabby were cats like Garfield. Orange with stripes Are you sure its gray and not just black and white hairs together? cause if it only has 3 colors, black,white and orage its what we call a turtle (their are always females)...so Turtle is a good name and if I'm not mistaken I read or heard somewhere that that is Dr. Fraiser, the actress, nickname
                Oh Hi. I register because of this post lol sorry I know its off topic and a bit old.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by scifi_girl
                  excellent. thank goodness the bar is open. So from the bar I will have cranberry archers which I cant seem to find anywhere anymore (disappointing).
                  Which should not imply that we old hens--ahem--elder residents of Samanda are advocating underage indulgence by our members of more tender years.

                  Glad to see that interview w/ BW. At least we know now that he knows we are not all in love with the changes. I'm glad GW asked a Sam question too, though I'm not totally thrilled with the answer.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by kes
                    so Turtle is a good name and if I'm not mistaken I read or heard somewhere that that is Dr. Fraiser, the actress, nickname
                    Oh Hi. I register because of this post lol sorry I know its off topic and a bit old.
                    I think AT joked that Teryl Rotherty looked like a turtle in one episode when she had a big backpack on & so that became one of her nicknames. So your post is kind of on topic.

                    feel free to post here if you like the character of Sam and Amanda Tapping.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by kes
                      I thought tabby were cats like Garfield. Orange with stripes Are you sure its gray and not just black and white hairs together? cause if it only has 3 colors, black,white and orage its what we call a turtle (their are always females)...so Turtle is a good name and if I'm not mistaken I read or heard somewhere that that is Dr. Fraiser, the actress, nickname
                      Oh Hi. I register because of this post lol sorry I know its off topic and a bit old.
                      WELCOME and yes Turtle is a nickname of TR. And you are right about the fact that if it has 3 colours it is always female, has to do with genetics.

                      Comment


                        Sneak peak at that first 2 mins of tonights episode is on AOL video -

                        Spoiler:
                        http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....ision.aol.com/

                        The video is just of Sam & Mitchell
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                          WELCOME and yes Turtle is a nickname of TR. And you are right about the fact that if it has 3 colours it is always female, has to do with genetics.
                          Thank you
                          Yeh I have one, her name is kisa.
                          So Stargate starts today right?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I think AT joked that Teryl Rotherty looked like a turtle in one episode when she had a big backpack on & so that became one of her nicknames. So your post is kind of on topic.

                            feel free to post here if you like the character of Sam and Amanda Tapping.
                            Yeh Sam rocks And AT seems really nice. Really goofy. I dig that. Sorry about the spelling.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Sneak peak at that first 2 mins of tonights episode is on AOL video -

                              Spoiler:
                              http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....ision.aol.com/

                              The video is just of Sam & Mitchell
                              Thanks for sharing that link...OK why am I not that happy after seeing that???
                              Spoiler:
                              I mean after that I got to feeling that Mitchell be again the 'hero' of it all. And well we all know better that he isn't.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                Sneak peak at that first 2 mins of tonights episode is on AOL video -

                                Spoiler:
                                http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....ision.aol.com/

                                The video is just of Sam & Mitchell
                                Oh looks good, is it time yet?!! Really looking forward to the rest now!

                                I'm sure lots of you are around and voting but if not, dont forget to come and vote over at http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/.
                                We are doing great but can always use some more voters!

                                Hope everyone enjoys the new episodes and look forward to hearing all the thoughts.

                                And I just realised this is my 200th post!! Woo hoo!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X