Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Another quick flyby...

I've added a few more photos to my photobucket for anyone who is interested in looking at them. You'll have to forgive me for not posting a detailed summary, but I was taking so many photos and laughing so hard during Amanda's Q&A that my mind is a still a huge jumble of information. I promise if I have time I'll post them later today.

Shore Leave Photos

Amanda, Corin and Carmen were all fantastic. I absolutely adore Carmen. I think I've turned into a thunker. I went to take my photo with Carmen and AT yesterday afternoon and when I walked into the room they both shook my hand and told me how nice it was to meet me. While I was saying hi to Carmen, Amanda reached over and picked up the lanyard I had around my neck. When I looked at her she smiled and said she wanted to read my buttons. I had a GW button I had made, my Samanda button and a button (thanks to Tracy Jane) that had a cartoon version of Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c and beneath the cartoon that said 'OMG, they've killed Janet & Jacob!' which Amanda read outloud and Carmen & AT finished the sentence in unison when they said Jacob. I'm assuming they found it amusing because they both laughed (Spaz has an even better story about the cartoon, but I'll let her tell it. ) Then Amanda asked about the Samanda, button and I told her what it was and that everyone from Samanda sent their love to her she got a huge smile on her face and thanked everyone for their support. Unfortunately my time with them was brief because there were so many others waiting to get their photos, so we smiled for the photo and I thanked them both again and left.

Later that day, during the GW photo, I was lucky enough to be tall so when everyone was trying to find a place to stand Amanda waved for me to stand by her. *big cheesy grin* Yep there are definitely days when I'm very happy to be tall. After the photo was taken I was able to to give her a Samanda button and once again briefly express how much we loved everything she does on the show. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to chat with Corin or Carmen during the photo-op, but I was lucky enough to run into Carmen in the hall. As he passed me, I just smiled and he smiled back and then stopped and said 'Hello sweetheart' and then out of the blue he just gave me this huge hug. I was stunned because I hadn't expected it. I thanked him for coming to the con and told him how much I loved and missed Jacob and he thanked me. He may have said more but honestly I was in fangirl mode and can't remember much more other than I was once again wearing a big cheesy grin and as quickly as he appeared, he was gone. It was definitely a wow moment. He and Amanda are such lovely people, I can't possibly say enough about either of them. I wish I had had time to actually chat with Corin during the day, but maybe today.

The big 'L' word was asked at the con. Without going into too much detail Amanda admitted that she was also disappointed like the rest of us. She has no explanation why things worked out the way they did, but jokingly said that 'I'm sure everyone thinks the new guy is doing a better job anyway' which received a huge boo and let me tell you it wasn't just from those of us from GW or Samanda. It was a very loud show of disappointment by the attendees. Amanda also went on by stating that she did miss the team dynamic on the show. That while she enjoyed having all the new characters and storylines, she hoped that the writers would write more moments between Teal'c, Daniel and Sam. She said that she has asked the writers to add more of those moments, but went on to say that even when they aren't written, she, Michael and Chris have tried to add special moments themselves with added glances and looks.

She also said that she was enjoying the new dynamic CB added to the cast because it really allowed her to have a bit more fun with Sam because Sam really doesn't know how to deal with Vala. The whole idea of having another female on the team and someone who really doesn't follow the rules sort of takes Sam out of her element. She joked that having CB/Vala around allowed Sam to lighten up a bit and allowed her to play Sam a bit flustered dealing with Vala as she acted out Sam trying to explain to Vala that wearing ribbons/bows in her hair wasn't regulation and Vala just sort of walking away and Sam talking to herself. I wish I could explain it better, but Amanda is so animated and so much of her Q&A's are said with body language and facial expressions that it's really hard to give a summary of what she said.

In short, Corin & Carmen were extremely handsome and a joy to watch and Amanda was as stunning as ever and had everyone laughing thoughout her hour long session and at one point she even had our GW group laughing so hard some of us were and tears and the people around us were staring.

Wish I could write more, but I'm already late meeting up with other GWer's this morning.

Having a great time!
    Kat
    Wow. This just cements in my mind why Amanda is the star that she is. What would the show do without her? Thanks for that Kat.

And I loved the pictures of Corin. What a hottie!!! He's looking better all the time. I wish he'd make a return visit at least one more time before the series ends. Same with Carmen. What an absolute sweetheart.

By the way, have I mentioned lately how wonderful Amanda is? And beautiful? And charming? And gracious? Just an absolutely delightful person and I'm proud to consider myself in her fandom.

They just don't come better than her.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      I've been voting for Amanda pretty much exclusively.
      Amanda and Teryl for me.

I don't get all the trading and linking though. It goes right over my head!
      scarimor

Comment

I can't WAIT to hear from the others who went to this shindig. Sounds like it was a blast! I've lost track as to how many people went but it's clear it was a massive success...which is a given since Amanda was there.

So was Jamie Bamber.

And Corin.

And Carmen.

But...AMANDA WAS THERE.

*dies*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
          Amanda and Teryl for me.

I don't get all the trading and linking though. It goes right over my head!
          Amanda and Teryl to rule the internet! All shall fear and despair their terrible fury!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Amanda and Teryl to rule the internet! All shall fear and despair their terrible fury!
            Well Amanda already rules SG-1. The internet is the next logical extension of her kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Well Amanda already rules SG-1. The internet is the next logical extension of her kingdom.
              Well and what is after the internet?? It will not stop after the internet it has to be bigger than that, cause well we all know she disurves it.

Comment

Another quick flyby...

Shore Leave Photos

[COLOR=black]Amanda, Corin and Carmen were all fantastic.
                Then Amanda asked about the Samanda, button and I told her what it was and that everyone from Samanda sent their love to her she got a huge smile on her face and thanked everyone for their support.
                Later that day, during the GW photo, I was lucky enough to be tall so when everyone was trying to find a place to stand Amanda waved for me to stand by her. *big cheesy grin* Yep there are definitely days when I'm very happy to be tall. After the photo was taken I was able to to give her a Samanda button and once again briefly express how much we loved everything she does on the show.
                but I was lucky enough to run into Carmen in the hall. As he passed me, I just smiled and he smiled back and then stopped and said 'Hello sweetheart' and then out of the blue he just gave me this huge hug. I was stunned because I hadn't expected it. I thanked him for coming to the con and told him how much I loved and missed Jacob and he thanked me.
                He and Amanda are such lovely people, I can't possibly say enough about either of them.
                In short, Corin & Carmen were extremely handsome and a joy to watch and Amanda was as stunning as ever and had everyone laughing thoughout her hour long session and at one point she even had our GW group laughing so hard some of us were and tears and the people around us were staring.

Wish I could write more, but I'm already late meeting up with other GWer's this morning.

Having a great time!
                Kat
                OMG..OMG..OMG!!!! That is sooo awesome Kat!! Oh WOW!!!! I so wish I was there too!! Thanks for the pics and the update...soooo totally awesomw...WooHoo!!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY adore that woman. What a gem of generosity, love, kindness, beauty, charm and grace.

Wow. Did we pick the right fandom, or what?

Absolutely!!! You hit the nail right on the head!!! She's all that and more!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Another quick flyby...

I've added a few more photos to my photobucket for anyone who is interested in looking at them. You'll have to forgive me for not posting a detailed summary, but I was taking so many photos and laughing so hard during Amanda's Q&A that my mind is a still a huge jumble of information. I promise if I have time I'll post them later today.

Shore Leave Photos

Amanda, Corin and Carmen were all fantastic. I absolutely adore Carmen. I think I've turned into a thunker. I went to take my photo with Carmen and AT yesterday afternoon and when I walked into the room they both shook my hand and told me how nice it was to meet me. While I was saying hi to Carmen, Amanda reached over and picked up the lanyard I had around my neck. When I looked at her she smiled and said she wanted to read my buttons. I had a GW button I had made, my Samanda button and a button (thanks to Tracy Jane) that had a cartoon version of Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c and beneath the cartoon that said 'OMG, they've killed Janet & Jacob!' which Amanda read outloud and Carmen & AT finished the sentence in unison when they said Jacob. I'm assuming they found it amusing because they both laughed (Spaz has an even better story about the cartoon, but I'll let her tell it. ) Then Amanda asked about the Samanda, button and I told her what it was and that everyone from Samanda sent their love to her she got a huge smile on her face and thanked everyone for their support. Unfortunately my time with them was brief because there were so many others waiting to get their photos, so we smiled for the photo and I thanked them both again and left.

Later that day, during the GW photo, I was lucky enough to be tall so when everyone was trying to find a place to stand Amanda waved for me to stand by her. *big cheesy grin* Yep there are definitely days when I'm very happy to be tall. After the photo was taken I was able to to give her a Samanda button and once again briefly express how much we loved everything she does on the show. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to chat with Corin or Carmen during the photo-op, but I was lucky enough to run into Carmen in the hall. As he passed me, I just smiled and he smiled back and then stopped and said 'Hello sweetheart' and then out of the blue he just gave me this huge hug. I was stunned because I hadn't expected it. I thanked him for coming to the con and told him how much I loved and missed Jacob and he thanked me. He may have said more but honestly I was in fangirl mode and can't remember much more other than I was once again wearing a big cheesy grin and as quickly as he appeared, he was gone. It was definitely a wow moment. He and Amanda are such lovely people, I can't possibly say enough about either of them. I wish I had had time to actually chat with Corin during the day, but maybe today.

The big 'L' word was asked at the con. Without going into too much detail Amanda admitted that she was also disappointed like the rest of us. She has no explanation why things worked out the way they did, but jokingly said that 'I'm sure everyone thinks the new guy is doing a better job anyway' which received a huge boo and let me tell you it wasn't just from those of us from GW or Samanda. It was a very loud show of disappointment by the attendees. Amanda also went on by stating that she did miss the team dynamic on the show. That while she enjoyed having all the new characters and storylines, she hoped that the writers would write more moments between Teal'c, Daniel and Sam. She said that she has asked the writers to add more of those moments, but went on to say that even when they aren't written, she, Michael and Chris have tried to add special moments themselves with added glances and looks.

She also said that she was enjoying the new dynamic CB added to the cast because it really allowed her to have a bit more fun with Sam because Sam really doesn't know how to deal with Vala. The whole idea of having another female on the team and someone who really doesn't follow the rules sort of takes Sam out of her element. She joked that having CB/Vala around allowed Sam to lighten up a bit and allowed her to play Sam a bit flustered dealing with Vala as she acted out Sam trying to explain to Vala that wearing ribbons/bows in her hair wasn't regulation and Vala just sort of walking away and Sam talking to herself. I wish I could explain it better, but Amanda is so animated and so much of her Q&A's are said with body language and facial expressions that it's really hard to give a summary of what she said.

Having a great time!
                    Kat
                    Great report. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
                    sigpic

Comment

I could go on forever about Amanda's positive qualities but suffice it to say:
                      AMANDA TAPPING ROCKS!

Lol, my friends have given me the nickname 'Goofy' after our surfing holiday because apparently I'm 'Goofy-footed' on my surf board (named for the way the Disney character snowboards) - that'll teach me for taking the mickey (no pun intended ) out of Steve "Goofy" Wilson lol!

Thank you so much Kat for the con report, you're a gem!
                      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Ok, here's a few more photos of Carmen and Amanda at today's Q&A.

More Shore Leave Photos

Sorry I can't post more, but I'm off to meet everyone for a farewell party.

I'll post more when I get home tomorrow.

Kat
                        Excellent pics. Amanda looks great and Carmen is seriously hot. I never really thought so when he was playing Jacob, but he looks really good now. And Corin doesn't look too shabby either.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                          Excellent pics. Amanda looks great and Carmen is seriously hot. I never really thought so when he was playing Jacob, but he looks really good now. And Corin doesn't look too shabby either.
                          Is the baby in the Shore Leave photos Olivia B? I can't really see v clearly.

Comment

I can't WAIT to hear from the others who went to this shindig. Sounds like it was a blast! I've lost track as to how many people went but it's clear it was a massive success...which is a given since Amanda was there.

So was Jamie Bamber.

And Corin.

And Carmen.

But...AMANDA WAS THERE.

*dies*
                            *rescuscitates Ooober*
                            Yes she was...but I wasn't...bummer! I really hope to one day be so fortunate as to meet Amanda...what an absolutely beautiful and inspirational person she is!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                              Is the baby in the Shore Leave photos Olivia B? I can't really see v clearly.
                              I was wondering the same thing...then I thought..no way..the baby looks too young to be a 16 month old. Besides, I heard that Amanda doesn't like pics taken of Olivia...privacy reasons...and right she is too.
                              Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Good night fellow Samandans...I'm off to bed!! Looking forward to more SL reports tomorrow!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                                Besides, I heard that Amanda doesn't like pics taken of Olivia...privacy reasons...and right she is too.
                                Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Good night fellow Samandans...I'm off to bed!! Looking forward to more SL reports tomorrow!!
                                Yeah I'd heard that too and that's why I was wondering! Anyway, whoever the baby may be, cute kid!

Goodnight Chelle!

Comment

Working...
                                X