No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re being on the ~amanda voting thinger(tm)~; just watching these vids with replicarter... my gawd, amanda did FANTASTIC with this character!! and geekysam too!

i soooooooo hope that replicarter isn't dead, and that amanda gets to chew this character again!

(someone ask her at 'shore leave' or 'avalon'. or ask one of the ptb at 'comic con')

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm having super fun with this sam/team vid called 'i'm carter-o!'. it's from some show called 'thundercats' i think. anyhoo, it very sam actiony and cute.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...amanda+tapping

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        orlin was a really great character, enhanced by sean patrick flannery playing him. and for me, he's the only 'other' that was close to sam's level (of everything).

sally
        I am a die hard S/J shipper, but if I weren't Orlin would be my choice, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Okay...since you all begged and pleaded and begged some more...here are MY insights into Ascension.

I think that Sam and Orlin became pretty close to each other.

I mean, at first Sam was freaked by him. A lot. Then she was irritated to the point of wanting to string him up for forcing her to go through a psych evaluation.

And then he told what he wanted. To share consciousness. For her to give him permission to see inside her soul and vice versa. That's all.

Orlin promised to leave her alone afterwards of she wanted...and she begrudgingly agreed.

Then they glowed in her living room.

Sam saw his heart and soul and he saw hers. There was no hiding or potential for false pretenses. It was intense. It was intimate. It was deep...deeper than anything she had ever previously experienced.

He descended.

She let him stay and they got to know each other better. They talked, they walked. They had dinner together. Sam liked him...maybe even approached "LIKING HIM" liking him...but just like Sam said to him...they weren't in a relationship. Romantically at least.

She enjoyed his presence and knew him better than anyone else and same with him. They shared souls for crying out loud.

Then Sam found out that Orlin had been very busy while she was at work. VERY busy. Building a stargate in the basement out of toasters busy.

Simmons was hot on Orlin's trail and they were going to take him in. Sam...feeling betrayed and hurt that she had been monitored and concerned for Orlin's well-being, went in to try to talk to him and let him know she didn't give him up.

She didn't have to do that of course. Tell him she kept his confidence. Orlin knew. He had looked inside her heart and knew her character. I'm sure he also knew that she would if she REALLY had to...like if it were a matter of national security. But certainly not as a means to prove her claims about what happened on his world.

The minigate opens and he tells her that she knows how he feels and that he wants more but that it was up to her. He goes through and Sam...knowing the alternative was Simmons and his goons follows him. She also knows what Orlin is going to face when he got there and knew he'd be in trouble...so she backed him up.

He is killed and given a second chance...to ascend again and to save her and he takes it knowing she'd die otherwise. Sam is shaken, stunned and hurt and feels the loss of a man who gave himself for her.

Now, as close as I think they became, I do not think that they ever once engaged in any bedroom activities. Period. I think their intimacy was born of sharing their souls and the bond they shared blossomed from that connection.

I think in time, had Orlin stayed on earth and somehow blended into society, that perhaps Sam would have seen him as a "potential" but I don't think they ever got that far. She was still the Air Force officer/scientist trying to do the right thing and he was still the strange but handsome alien who glowed with her in her living room.

And that's my two pesos.
          Simply superb, Über

Comment

re being on the ~amanda voting thinger(tm)~; just watching these vids with replicarter... my gawd, amanda did FANTASTIC with this character!! and geekysam too!

i soooooooo hope that replicarter isn't dead, and that amanda gets to chew this character again!

(someone ask her at 'shore leave' or 'avalon'. or ask one of the ptb at 'comic con')

sally
            I wouldn't mind seeing Replicarter again either, but I think Joseph Mallozi has said that there are no current plans to bring back Replicarter. Of course, plans change all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
              I wouldn't mind seeing Replicarter again either, but I think Joseph Mallozi has said that there are no current plans to bring back Replicarter. Of course, plans change all the time.
              Yeah, they didn't do enough with that storyline. I also wish they'd bring back the Jolinar arc. I loved that. 'ITLOD' and 'Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know' are some of my favorite episodes. I also just think it's cool for Sam to be able to use the Goa'uld technology.

Comment

should we take into account that amanda, herself, said they didn't have sex in 'ascension'? (yes, this was before the writers decided to 'tweak' the facts later on.)

sally
                Not really The actors aren't writing the scripts remember, and even though they are the people bringing the character to life they don't always have the full picture. Especially in TV/Movies where scenes and even episodes are shot out of order and the actors might not be aware of whats happening in a different scene that doesn't involve them. Sure, I might put more weight behind what an actor says as opposed to a random, crazy fan - but their word is not the be all, end all of the arguement

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Yeah, they didn't do enough with that storyline. I also wish they'd bring back the Jolinar arc. I loved that. 'ITLOD' and 'Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know' are some of my favorite episodes. I also just think it's cool for Sam to be able to use the Goa'uld technology.
                  I think that it would be interesting to explore the possibility of long-term use of Goa'uld technology having a detrimental effect on a person; physically, mentally or both.

The hand and healing devices give the user the power over life and death, literally. Perhaps using them too often could become addictive, especially for somebody like Sam who was only a host for a very brief time or perhaps it would leave somebody physically drained if they didn't have a symbiote and sarcophagus to boost their strength.

I can't remember whether or not any one has tried using a hand device against the Ori Priors but what if it had a limited effect on them, enough to justify Sam carrying one on missions? I could see that being a really difficult choice for Sam - does she continue to use the hand device, with which she has never been comfortable, at the expense of her own well being or does she give up the only slight advantage they have over the Ori Priors?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Hey? Where did everyone go?? And why are we on page 2?? Great posts everyone!!
                    Congratulations Scarimor for 1600 posts!

Great to see Amanda doing so well in the poll!! I'm back to voting..I missed it yesterday and today...been too busy with work.

With all the chat on Ascension and Orlin, I thought this would be nice!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Thank you, chelle

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                        Hey scifi_girl -- Any interesting things said in the article in SFX?

Also, has anybody read Amanda's interview in TV Zone #71 yet? I was just wondering how she sounded in the interview?
                        As far as the SFX article goes I'll put it in spoilers in case people dont want to read it
                        Spoiler:
                        AT says at the start that shes "working with RDA, going to oz, wearing a wedding dress and being squeezed into a leather corsett". They talk about episode 200, and Brad Wright talks about how he thought the show would get cancelled etc (the stuff we know)Theres some talk about when RDA left. Theres a column with Brad Wright about each season (which I thought was good). Says that DSD will be in it (yay). Its mainly about ep 200 but some talk of the future. My fav part is a column with postcards from some of the characters from their stargate destination (its pretty good). I thought it was a good article and theres some nice pics.

Anyone else read the SFX article?

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          I think that it would be interesting to explore the possibility of long-term use of Goa'uld technology having a detrimental effect on a person; physically, mentally or both.

The hand and healing devices give the user the power over life and death, literally. Perhaps using them too often could become addictive, especially for somebody like Sam who was only a host for a very brief time or perhaps it would leave somebody physically drained if they didn't have a symbiote and sarcophagus to boost their strength.

I can't remember whether or not any one has tried using a hand device against the Ori Priors but what if it had a limited effect on them, enough to justify Sam carrying one on missions? I could see that being a really difficult choice for Sam - does she continue to use the hand device, with which she has never been comfortable, at the expense of her own well being or does she give up the only slight advantage they have over the Ori Priors?
                          Um, why aren't you writing for the show?

Comment

I've been playing VJ on the voting board and SG Gato requested links to some of the Sam vids.

This is just a list of vids of our favourite gal that have caught my eye, they tend to be visually high quality. All except for Moonbaby which I don't consider as high quality but it uses scenes from The Scourge and AT is just so great in that, so cool calm and collected - a leader through and through. It also has some great RepliCarter shots and I love what AT did with RepliCarter.

If anyone has any favourite high quality Sam vids could they PM me the details please because I'm trying to build my lst up. Thanks.
                            -

Comment

i'm having super fun with this sam/team vid called 'i'm carter-o!'. it's from some show called 'thundercats' i think. anyhoo, it very sam actiony and cute.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...amanda+tapping

sally
                              This is a great music vid thanks for charing it... I loved it lots of action in. What more do you want? And that song is just funny

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                                As far as the SFX article goes I'll put it in spoilers in case people dont want to read it
                                Spoiler:
                                AT says at the start that shes "working with RDA, going to oz, wearing a wedding dress and being squeezed into a leather corsett". They talk about episode 200, and Brad Wright talks about how he thought the show would get cancelled etc (the stuff we know)Theres some talk about when RDA left. Theres a column with Brad Wright about each season (which I thought was good). Says that DSD will be in it (yay). Its mainly about ep 200 but some talk of the future. My fav part is a column with postcards from some of the characters from their stargate destination (its pretty good). I thought it was a good article and theres some nice pics.

Anyone else read the SFX article?
                                Dos all of the AT stuff revolve around this crapola? You see from this it seems that once again the crux of what AT discusses is about the sexing up of the characters and the show just like we have to hear over and over how bb ends up tied to a bed in his underwear - geesh this show has really dropped into the dregs if this is how they amp up the characters and the new season by talking about underwear and corsetts and weddings - what crapola.

I know what AT says is about 200 but I am sick of 200 and the cheap, farcical waste of time it will be (especially when it comes to RDAs time) - I want to hear about the real stories and the action and adventure of the real SG1, which for me does not include mitchell or vala but unfortunately fans are stuck with them so at least talk about the substantive stories and the substantive roles that the beloved, and truly central characters of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c (poor Teal'c - so far it seems as if he has all but disappeared from SG1 there is soooo precious little written about him but they have a new alien on the team who is soooooo much more fun than that stuffy 'ol Teal'c) will play.

I want to see and hear about substantive Carter as the Carter of old (for me that would be pre mid-season 7) and the Carter that was important to the SGC and to SG1 and who played an integral role in the military aspect of the show and the intelligent, self-posessed character with dignity and self-respect . . . I am sick of this other junk.

Comment

Working...
                                X