Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db
    Heck...if I was going I would have no problem doing it!! I'd shout it out!! I'd even hold up a banner with the question on it!! Anything for an answer!!! I just want the answer to be honest...not vague and sugar coated!
    I agree - the people involved in this show expect the easy questions and the hard questions and as fans who feel a main, core character has been damaged by what TPKTS have done with it I think the hard questions need to be asked and here's how I would ask it:

can you please tell us the purpose of making mitchell co-leader of the elite SG team in light of the characters clear lack of experience regarding the Stargate, off-world travel, alien species, alien technology, alien diplomacy, etc.? and will co-leadership continue in S10?

Comment

Since RDA and AT are involved with animal protection groups, I'd love to see a updated version of All Creatures Great and Small. I remember this series being on PBS here and loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        I agree - the people involved in this show expect the easy questions and the hard questions and as fans who feel a main, core character has been damaged by what TPKTS have done with it I think the hard questions need to be asked and here's how I would ask it:

can you please tell us the purpose of making mitchell co-leader of the elite SG team in light of the characters clear lack of experience regarding the Stargate, off-world travel, alien species, alien technology, alien diplomacy, etc.? and will co-leadership continue in S10?
        Who would you ask?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          just dropping a note to everyone

we're in maryland and will be dropping by the hotel 430ish tomorrow (Friday) to meet to head over to panera]
          hopefully by saturday night - net access permitting - we'll have some fun amanda tidbits to share
          Cool!

Thinking about convention questions had me wondering--Has anyone ever asked her what her family thinks of the show? It seems like for her to be such a down to earth person, her family--husband, siblings, parents--must have had something to to with keeping it all from going to her head. But I bet they support her too. I wonder if they make comments about their favorite episodes or joke with her about the show, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            I'd rather see RDA and AT do a show of a different genre, break out of the scifi mold so more people would see it and appreciate what a real star Amanda is
            As much as I love Sam, I'd love to see AT take on a different meaty role. And speaking of meat, RDA is always tasty. (oh you guys are a bad influence on me. )

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Cool!

Thinking about convention questions had me wondering--Has anyone ever asked her what her family thinks of the show? It seems like for her to be such a down to earth person, her family--husband, siblings, parents--must have had something to to with keeping it all from going to her head. But I bet they support her too. I wonder if they make comments about their favorite episodes or joke with her about the show, etc.
              I could be wrong but I think most of her family (siblings) are in Ontario, where she used to live before moving to British Colombia for the show, but then again there is always the phone and computers to communicate with
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                Just caught up with posts, and I agree with golfbooy. Why not ask AT the leadership question? I still think it shows that fans care about it.

Also, if people are worried about putting her in a an awkward position by talking about leadership, well what about the Sam/Jack ship (which will surely get asked)? Sam/Jack ship also puts her in an awkward position because some fans like it, some hate it, and some don't care. Anything she says about this issue too could also get different reactions from different fan groups (and what actually happens with Sam/Jack ship is up to TPTB, not her ). But I would understand if a fan wanted to ask her about it.

I guess I wouldn't want AT to get questions about Sam's love life, and yet nothing about Sam's career. I would think she's been doing cons for years and would expect all these types of questions.

I think that at the Vancouver con, if she had not had a leadership question, she may have even wondered why fans didn't ask about it and maybe people aren't that concerned about the leadership issue for Sam.

Does any of this make sense?
                Exactly how I feel - great points. I would rather hear about how she sees Carter's career and how S9 has affected said career, etc., etc. If I really and truly were going and if I had the opportunity to ask a question it would be blunt and to the point:

"Obvioulsy the co-leadership issue has created a lot of, hhmmm, let's just say discussion, how do you feel about the sole command of SG1 being taken away from Carter and given to a clearly less than qualified person?"

Plain and simple question that really goes to the crux of a major problem with S9 for a lot of people not just Sam fans as can be seen by the overwhelming number of people that voted for Carter on the Who Should Lead poll.

Personally I think the constant questioning about the personal life, the so-called boyfriends, the black-widow bunk is old and stale (no offense to shippers) but at this stage with what is happeneingto this strong, intelligent character I want to know what is in store on the military front because I think that is the characters strength and the co-leadership crapola has diminished that strength and I resent TPKTS for doing it.
                Last edited by binkpmmc; 06 July 2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  I went, but it's all in French! I can read 'supporter' with the SG-1 pic under it. I keep clicking it...so I guess I'm voting for SG-1 over and over...which is ok.
                  Ha! I can pick out a bit of the French, but like you, lucky for me it says "supporter." I don't think we have a chance of winning, but maybe a respectable showing.

Comment

Exactly how I feel - great points. I would rather hear about how she sees Carter's career and how S9 has affected said career, etc., etc. If I reallt=y and truly were goign and if I hadf the opportunity to ask a questions it would be blunt and to the point:

"Obvioulsy the co-leadership issue has created a lot of, hhmmm, let's just say discussion, how do you feel about the sole command of SG1 being taken away from Carter and given to a clearly less than qualified person?"
                    It does put Amanda on the spot, though. Even if she disagreed with the decision to remove Sam from command, she can hardly say that she thinks TPTB were in the wrong.

If someone has to be put on the spot, better that it be the producers or writers.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      It's plausible that Sam and Jack - as Thera and Jonah - had sex, because their connection was very strong prior to BtS anyway, {snippy}
                      It's plausible that Sam and Teal'c totally did the nasty in that teltac ship thing right before they started getting sucked into the time-dilation-bubble-cum-black-hole in New Order. Heck, it's plausible that they did it again on Thor's ship, just for kicks.
                      Originally posted by agent dark
                      And for the record, Sam and Teal'c totally did it during New Order. At least twice.
                      Originally posted by minigeek
                      And for the record, if Sam hasn't done the horizontal lambada with Teal'c yet - she's crazy!!!

everybody! keep talking like this!

aw yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        Who would you ask?
                        all of them

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                          Yep. It's how you know it's a shippy moment. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to tell.

And it cracks me up too, especially since it has been named.

uummm, if this is the music that i'm thinking of then teal'c sure as heck gets around! they played it in new ground when nyan was helping to heal teal'c and they were, um, becoming friends....

sam better not find out about this!

(who named it btw?)

Comment

all of them
                            Everyone connected to the show or just all of TPTB?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

The name of this new production company? BarbieMac.
                              ROFL. All out of green jello at the moment, but that's great.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                just dropping a note to everyone

we're in maryland and will be dropping by the hotel 430ish tomorrow (Friday) to meet to head over to panera]
                                hopefully by saturday night - net access permitting - we'll have some fun amanda tidbits to share
                                Yay! Have fun, take lots of notes and lots of piccies. Anxiously awaiting your report.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X